Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season

2021 Season

Discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Season hinges on what the bullpen can or can't do. If the bullpen is an upgrade over last year it should = at least 10+ more wins on the season. If we make the playoffs and Nola is pitching good, we have Nola, Wheeler, & Eflin to start we can compete with anyone with those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Season hinges on what the bullpen can or can't do. If the bullpen is an upgrade over last year it should = at least 10+ more wins on the season. If we make the playoffs and Nola is pitching good, we have Nola, Wheeler, & Eflin to start we can compete with anyone with those 3.
    Agreed, offense as a whole should be solid, I'm not too concerned overall.

Starting pitchers could be a concern after the top 3. If they can get one of Howard, Moore, Velasquez, Anderson, Nova to pitching solid #3-4 all season long I'd be happy. You can piece together a #5 like most teams do.

Relieves should be better but its always a roller coaster outside of the top elite guys. I can't imagine it will be much worse, it can't be. There are a lot of new faces that have had success in the past, which is good after last season. They might not be a top 10 BP but if they are middle of the pack I'll be pleased.

It really comes down to how we compete within the division...but that's pretty obvious. I feel like it's time for Atlanta to have a down year as weird as that sounds. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Agreed, offense as a whole should be solid, I'm not too concerned overall.

Starting pitchers could be a concern after the top 3. If they can get one of Howard, Moore, Velasquez, Anderson, Nova to pitching solid #3-4 all season long I'd be happy. You can piece together a #5 like most teams do.

Relieves should be better but its always a roller coaster outside of the top elite guys. I can't imagine it will be much worse, it can't be. There are a lot of new faces that have had success in the past, which is good after last season. They might not be a top 10 BP but if they are middle of the pack I'll be pleased.
    I still have my Eflin reservations.

I feel confident with Nola and Wheeler but after them I need some more proof. Iíd hope Eflin, Moore, Howard are the guys to round out the 5 (these are the guys I see with the most potential to give valuable appearances). Maybe we see Medina come up or some other minor leaguers take storm.

I donít trust VV and Nova at all. Meh on Anderson.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Moniak with two homers today, Girardi had rave reviews about Mick.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Team is showing promise. Bullpen should be vastly better.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Haseley, Marchan and Ortiz injured

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Team is showing promise. Bullpen should be vastly better.
    I hope so. It was a disaster last year.

Bullpen has looked great in SP.

Given injuries to Haseley, Kingery and Quinn sucking by completely not putting the barrel to the ball, I think our starting CF might be either Odubel or ... Moniak.

I hope moniak has figured out his hitting tool. He obviously has worked hard to get his body right. Looks like a man instead of a boy. Odubel has slowed down since torrid start. We donít see the off day work though. As good as the bullpen has looked, the starters have been mediocre at best. Again just working on stuff maybe. Spencer Howard has been electric but still throw too many pitches. VV needs to be a pen arm. He is done as a starter IMO

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Unless Kingery is going to be a backup infielder he'd start the year in Lehigh. Herrera and Moniak should make this team over him.

I hope moniak has figured out his hitting tool. He obviously has worked hard to get his body right. Looks like a man instead of a boy. Odubel has slowed down since torrid start. We donít see the off day work though. As good as the bullpen has looked, the starters have been mediocre at best. Again just working on stuff maybe. Spencer Howard has been electric but still throw too many pitches. VV needs to be a pen arm. He is done as a starter IMO
    I'm not so sure about Howard his command seems off, plus I don't think he is pitching with confidence, regarding Mick I think they will give him time in AAA, in any case he has improved recognizing breaking stuff and the ball explodes from his bat, I'm excited.

Nola has been awful this spring.

Nola has been awful this spring.
    Havenít been paying attention. Working on pitches?

I hate spring training stats.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast