Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 2021 Season

Crouse already had a better start over any of Howard's TBH.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Season over. Time to start looking for up grades. Bullpen still needs fixed! SS and 3B unless Bohm and Stott can step up. CF and LF need addressed unless Veirling can play one of those positions.

I feel the starters are decent. Wheeler, Suarez, Gibson, elfin, Nola. Need some depth behind of course but have some young guys getting closer. Correa is a dream. Heíd fit well. Rhys back changes offense. He was having a great season. Iím fine with odubel out there in left. Get a better defensive center fielder maybe with some pop. Torreyes is a must resign. He was bench mvp easily. Seranthony is a wild card for sure. Will be interesting off-season. Bryce has only a few more elite seasons left. Go do it.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Nola can go, I'd trade him for whatever you can get.

Nola is making $15 mil next season and 16.5 club option the next. Thatís ok value to keep him. Drop him to 3rd or 4th in the lineup but I wouldnít trade him for whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Bp. LF. cF. SS, 2B, 3B all need to be looked at.

Put Bohm in LF and let him play. Maybe bring Stott up for one of the infield and have Segura man another. BP, CF and other infield spot from outside the organization.

Maybe try and trade for Buxton. Go crazy and package to get Polanco too while weíre at it with Minnesota lol.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Nola is making $15 mil next season and 16.5 club option the next. Thatís ok value to keep him. Drop him to 3rd or 4th in the lineup but I wouldnít trade him for whatever.
    Agreed. I just don't think the Phils are going to do that. Maybe they can acquire another gem like Wheeler via trade or free agency. Wishful thinking on my part

The hope is Suarez, Eflin, crouse will provide cheap controllable solid production in the rotation next season.

Wheeler is a lock.

Gibson and Nola are hopefully still reliable 2/3 guys.

The pen, defense, and couple positions are what need to be addressed.

The SP market is actually pretty solid this year so maybe go and try to grab one. I donít want Gausman at all but a Jon Gray type Iíd take.

Go look in the infield market for a FA or trade.

CF is priority #1. Iíd make that the big splash at this position. Unless you think Vierling can be an everyday guy now?

Just a lot of work for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The hope is Suarez, Eflin, crouse will provide cheap controllable solid production in the rotation next season.

Wheeler is a lock.

Gibson and Nola are hopefully still reliable 2/3 guys.

The pen, defense, and couple positions are what need to be addressed.

The SP market is actually pretty solid this year so maybe go and try to grab one. I donít want Gausman at all but a Jon Gray type Iíd take.

Go look in the infield market for a FA or trade.

CF is priority #1. Iíd make that the big splash at this position. Unless you think Vierling can be an everyday guy now?

Just a lot of work for next season.
    Id rather give vierling a go in cutches spot... if they arent sold on bolm id go hard for a 3rd baseman over center and put galvis every day at SS and trade DIDI for bull pen help

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Id rather give vierling a go in cutches spot... if they arent sold on bolm id go hard for a 3rd baseman over center and put galvis every day at SS and trade DIDI for bull pen help
    Iíd say either CF or 3B are the prime targets.

Bohm isnít the answer at 3B long term so put him out in LF. Stott May crack the roster as your SS.

Segura and Didi have one more year left each but wouldnít mind if both are traded this off season.

Long term looks could be LF, C, 1B, RF, SS.

3B, 2B, CF we really need to look at hard as thereís like nothing in the minors. Rojas maybe for CF if he sticks and if he can repeat offensively.

This team needs pitching so desperately.

The team definitely needs pitching....in actuality almost every team needs pitching - proof that you have to hit on draft picks when it comes to pitchers....the league is so thinned out with players that you need to bring in draft picks that will help your team for years....The Braves have a history of being competitive every season.

Hopefully the reshuffling of the front office will lead to better scouting, drafting, development, etc...my worry is this team isn't exactly known for developing homegrown players recently...Gone are the days of Rollins, Howard, Utley, Hamels, Ruiz Madsen, Myers, and Burrell....Today, your stars are Wheeler, Harper, JT, Segura - all players from other teams....You can argue that Hoskins & Nola are stars who are homegrown....our young homegrown talent in the majors is almost non-existent to say the least.

I'm hoping this offseason is a successful one bringing in more good solid talent.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627