Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I don't see the point of cutting Crowder for two reasons. First, and most important, the whole reason to have cap room is to acquire talent. Crowder is one of the few clearly talented players on the roster. Why get rid of him just to have to find his replacement?

That leads me to my second reason to not cut Crowder, and that is that it is unrealistic to believe that the Jets will be able to fill all of their holes with significant upgrades in one group of FAs. FAs get to decide where they go and I doubt every FA the Jets want will want them too. For a team with so many holes, no need to create more you might not be able to fill with obvious upgrades.

I get the top guys that people like in FA (Allen Robinson, Joe Thuney, just to name two), but I also look at some of the guys who are not as high up on this list that have some good value for the Jets:

#39, DE Roman Okwara-- 44 tackles, 10 sacks, 25 years old
    #73, RB Chris Carson-- 2 years removed from a 1230 yard rushing season. 26 years old; nearly 700 yards rushing on only 141 carries and 5 TD's.
    #78, LB Anthony Walker-- 192 tackles the past 2 seasons, 3.5 sacks, 2 INT's, 25 years old
    #86, DE/DT Denico Autry-- 7.5 sacks in 2020
    #35, TE Jonnu Smith-- 41 receptions, 8 TD's in 2020, 25 years old
    Eichel Tower

A lot of people want to cut Crowder to get more cap money. Why does no one suggest to just redo his contract to create more cap space and still retain him.
    I maybe wrong but I believe that the cap money they are counting does not include left over money from last year that can be added to this years cap. That is about 26m.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I really doubt the Pack let's Rodgers's center get away from them, so if you remove him? I think they can get it done.
    Thuney, Barrett, Robinson would make me super happy.
    The Packers have negative cap space and are near the bottom of list of cap space in the league. In addition to the draft salary expense, they have a lot of tough decisions ahead of them

That being said, we seem to swing and miss on C every year

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Yep. i guess we could draft a center though, with limited possibilities, it might be a weak draft for that position.
    There are some interesting prospects

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't see the point of cutting Crowder for two reasons. First, and most important, the whole reason to have cap room is to acquire talent. Crowder is one of the few clearly talented players on the roster. Why get rid of him just to have to find his replacement?

That leads me to my second reason to not cut Crowder, and that is that it is unrealistic to believe that the Jets will be able to fill all of their holes with significant upgrades in one group of FAs. FAs get to decide where they go and I doubt every FA the Jets want will want them too. For a team with so many holes, no need to create more you might not be able to fill with obvious upgrades.
    Agreed, itís completely silly to cut Crowder. I donít even understand why itís been rumored. This offense lacks talent so badly

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    A lot of people want to cut Crowder to get more cap money. Why does no one suggest to just redo his contract to create more cap space and still retain him.
    I maybe wrong but I believe that the cap money they are counting does not include left over money from last year that can be added to this years cap. That is about 26m.
    Jets adjusted salary cap is 211.7M (185+26)
    Theyíre current salary is 130.8M
    80.9M left to spend
    Draft salary Iím guessing will be around $12M+
    But then roughly 9 players fall off the Top 51 for roughly $6M reduction

So really around $75M

If we trade Sam and get a late first, I believe itíll cost an additional $500K

Pretty sure this is how it all works out

In terms of additional cuts:
    Fant, but for a $7M savings, I believe itís worth keeping him
    Lewis and Van Roten as previously mentioned
    Looking deeper, Herdon is a real possibility
    Fatukasi possibly, but heís pretty good
    Connor McDermott and Nathan Shepherd possibly
    Josh Doctson likely
    Josh Malone

After that is a bunch of <850K that will get swapped with draft picks
    Last edited by Larry M; 03-04-2021 at 07:10 AM.

Medicine is not one-size-fits-all.

The development and approval of ketamine for treatment-resistant patients were considered a significant advance in modern psychiatry. Despite its promise, ketamine remains a less-than-perfect therapy because it can be addictive. The researchers hope that their findings will pave the way for better and safer antidepressant treatments for primary depressive disorder patients.

I think Crowder return is linked to who they get at Wr in fa/draft.. if they end up in position to draft Waddle or K. TONEY(Seen couple of mocks)..they are more slot wr..thus take is role..and jets should target and upgrade at #1 wr via fa (robinson) for outside imo. Crowder is solid..but also gets hurt/banged up alot..so hard to rely on consistently as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    I think Crowder return is linked to who they get at Wr in fa/draft.. if they end up in position to draft Waddle or K. TONEY(Seen couple of mocks)..they are more slot wr..thus take is role..and jets should target and upgrade at #1 wr via fa (robinson) for outside imo. Crowder is solid..but also gets hurt/banged up alot..so hard to rely on consistently as well.

Agreed. If they get Robinson or Juju and don't trade Sam? I could see the moving crowder, trading back and taking another WR.
    If they decide to take a QB or stick with Sam and draft OL? I think Crowder is here regardless of FA.

As I have said, I really like him and if you had him bracketed by Mimms and Juju or Robinson? Yikes.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Jets adjusted salary cap is 211.7M (185+26)
    Theyíre current salary is 130.8M
    80.9M left to spend
    Draft salary Iím guessing will be around $12M+
    But then roughly 9 players fall off the Top 51 for roughly $6M reduction

So really around $75M

If we trade Sam and get a late first, I believe itíll cost an additional $500K

Pretty sure this is how it all works out

In terms of additional cuts:
    Fant, but for a $7M savings, I believe itís worth keeping him
    Lewis and Van Roten as previously mentioned
    Looking deeper, Herdon is a real possibility
    Fatukasi possibly, but heís pretty good
    Connor McDermott and Nathan Shepherd possibly
    Josh Doctson likely
    Josh Malone

After that is a bunch of <850K that will get swapped with draft picks
    I feel the same about Fant. He's the one I'd keep if I could keep 1.
    I hope they hold onto Herndon. He seemed to figure things out a bit at the end of the year and I think he will benefit from the new offense.
    I would also like to see then keep both Fatukasi and Shepard

whatever they do, I expect them to have closer to 90 mil by the time FA starts
    Actually probably closer to 80 after they sign Maye long term

It's still a helluva chunk of cash to fill the holes.

I also fully agree with ccugrad1. There are some sleepers in FA that could be huge signings. They are young, on the way up and could be had for a fraction of what the big names will want.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-04-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

I feel the same about Fant. He's the one I'd keep if I could keep 1.
    I hope they hold onto Herndon. He seemed to figure things out a bit at the end of the year and I think he will benefit from the new offense.
    I would also like to see then keep both Fatukasi and Shepard

whatever they do, I expect them to have closer to 90 mil by the time FA starts
    Actually probably closer to 80 after they sign Maye long term

It's still a helluva chunk of cash to fill the holes.

I also fully agree with ccugrad1. There are some sleepers in FA that could be huge signings. They are young, on the way up and could be had for a fraction of what the big names will want.
    As opposed to my view on giving Darnold one more swing...I too would give Herndon one more look in this offense/system. He could erupt in the kittle role that system utilized in SF. The other possibility would be trade down scenario and taking Pitts..in which case can let Herndon go and keep Crowder.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    As opposed to my view on giving Darnold one more swing...I too would give Herndon one more look in this offense/system. He could erupt in the kittle role that system utilized in SF. The other possibility would be trade down scenario and taking Pitts..in which case can let Herndon go and keep Crowder.

I still want to see more Wesco. Dude is a beast. I hope they keep hi and try to get him more involved

Pitts would be a good choice. I see nothing but rave comments and what little I saw, he looked absolutely dominant.

I don't think I would not mind if they took him at 2. 6'6" 250, 4.5 40. fantastic hands.

Ignorance is bliss

I still want to see more Wesco. Dude is a beast. I hope they keep hi and try to get him more involved

Pitts would be a good choice. I see nothing but rave comments and what little I saw, he looked absolutely dominant.

I don't think I would not mind if they took him at 2. 6'6" 250, 4.5 40. fantastic hands.
    That be epic blunder at #2..novreason they couldn't drop down a few spots and still take him while getting also 1-2 extra picks as well..

Sorry bud, canít support you at #2
    All we would see is old clips of Jets drafting Kyle Brady and whatever other TE jokes they used to constantly show

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast