Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Injuries are one thing but when you have John Collins repeatedly complaining about his lack of usage then yeah, it's a coaches problem. John Collins is a bad man who should be getting waaaaaaay more looks than he does.
    Collins would be the perfect PF for the Jazz but no way we could get him without paying a hefty price. Plus I'm a Wake fan (unfortunately) so it would be nice to have a Wake Forest guy on the Jazz.

Per several sources, Pierce lost the locker room. To name a few Young, Collins, and Reddish were ready for a new voice and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Per several sources, Pierce lost the locker room. To name a few Young, Collins, and Reddish were ready for a new voice and direction.
    After just a year and half? What a whiny lot.....

EDIT: Couple years, but point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    After just a year and half? What a whiny lot.....

EDIT: Couple years, but point still stands.
    Idk some of the stories seemed pretty sketchy from Pierce's perspective, imo. Again, if sources are to be believed.

I just think the roster construction is a bigger issue than the coaching.....the latter of which is difficult judge accurately because of said roster construction. Like JAZZNC stated earlier, I wish players could be fired....about as easily as coaches do.

I don't feel the roster construction is that wonky, personally.

1: Young/Rondo/Dunn (both these guys can get some minutes next to Young, if needed).
    2: Bogdanavic/Huerter
    Forwards: Collins, Gallo, Reddish, Hunter, Hill, Snell. Start 2, 2 off the bench, final 2 are spot minutes or outta the rotation.
    5: Capela/Okongwu

They have a good mix of youth and experience. If defense is an issue, show more zone. This team is legit 13 deep, there's no reason they shouldn't be a top 10 team in the East. It may take time but I personally believe the Hawks will be better than 14-20 the second half of the season.

I don't feel the roster construction is that wonky, personally.

1: Young/Rondo/Dunn (both these guys can get some minutes next to Young, if needed).
    2: Bogdanavic/Huerter
    Forwards: Collins, Gallo, Reddish, Hunter, Hill, Snell. Start 2, 2 off the bench, final 2 are spot minutes or outta the rotation.
    5: Capela/Okongwu
    Young = Turnstile + turnover machine
    Rondo = Can't shoot, lost all burst
    Dunn = Injured
    Bogdanavic = Injured
    Huerter = No defense
    Reddish = Brick chucker
    Gallo = No defense, can't finish
    Collins = Solid overall
    Hunter = Solid overall
    Capela = Solid overall, shrinks floor

Their team is flawed and has no leadership. I expected them to make the 7th or 8th though.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Young = Turnstile + turnover machine
    Rondo = Can't shoot, lost all burst
    Dunn = Injured
    Bogdanavic = Injured
    Huerter = No defense
    Reddish = Brick chucker
    Gallo = No defense, can't finish
    Collins = Solid overall
    Hunter = Solid overall
    Capela = Solid overall, shrinks floor

Their team is flawed and has no leadership. I expected them to make the 7th or 8th though.
    I mean, they still can. They have half a season left. 7 and 8 play, winner gets the 7th seed; 9 and 10 play, winner plays loser of 7 and 8 game, winner gets the 8th seed.

The Hawks being a fringe playoff team is what I expected. McMillan is good at getting teams to the playoffs.

1. Play more zone 2. Fix the rotation 3. Hope to get some guys healthy. It's an easy enough fix

Can we settle the argument now about Trae vs. Luka. My god Luka is an all around better player and has deviated immensely from Trae on defense from a total points saved perspective.

Look at the deviation on the defensive end between the Plus Defender Luka and the sieve that is Trae.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/...195447297?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Can we settle the argument now about Trae vs. Luka. My god Luka is an all around better player and has deviated immensely from Trae on defense from a total points saved perspective.

Look at the deviation on the defensive end between the Plus Defender Luka and the sieve that is Trae.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/...195447297?s=20
    Wanna see something that'll make you vomit? Check out where Bagley is....and he was taken ahead of both of the aforementioned guys. Still think that was one of the worst draft picks this century.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Wanna see something that'll make you vomit? Check out where Bagley is....and he was taken ahead of both of the aforementioned guys. Still think that was one of the worst draft picks this century.
    Anthony Bennett would like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    You are absolutely correct. Bagley has been horrific.

Can we please stop for a moment and applaud their 8 game win streak since Nate took over?

Can we please stop for a moment and applaud their 8 game win streak since Nate took over?
    Soft schedule so far but credit where it is do. This team has a lot of fire power I think they can be dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Soft schedule so far but credit where it is do. This team has a lot of fire power I think they can be dangerous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair point, I just wonder what their schedule would be over that 8 game stretch if Pierce was still HC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast