Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Do you think the days of guys coming to the Patriots are long gone?

It just seems since Brady left I just donít see anyone wanting to go there. The only reason why guys came here was to play with Brady now that heís no longer here, I donít to see anyone wanting to play here. Iím I wrong? Or are guys just looking for better opportunities.

Vince to Gronk

Yeah I think our Patriots are becoming irrelevant

Yes, there will never be another. Ever.

You mean the older players who went chasing for a ring and took a slight discount to join the Pats?

Yeah, they'll go to other teams now that are top contenders. Maybe once New England is good again, they'll be back.

But also players will come this year because the team has cap space again.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You mean the older players who went chasing for a ring and took a slight discount to join the Pats?

Yeah, they'll go to other teams now that are top contenders. Maybe once New England is good again, they'll be back.

But also players will come this year because the team has cap space again.
    I canít see anyone wanting to come here even with the cap space No Brady= No Good Players

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I canít see anyone wanting to come here even with the cap space No Brady= No Good Players
    You really donít know anything about football. Players will go to who ever offers the most money. Of course you get those who donít. But the far share go to who ever offers the most. Now will bill do this ? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    It was and will continue to be harder for Bill B to turn around an entire roster than it was for Brady to jump ship to a talented roster.

You saw it coming for the Patriots as they did everything they could to strap together the last parts they could to make a run with Brady again. The most recent moves didn't pan out -- Sanu, Michel, Harry, etc

Bill will be back to the low risk, high reward transactions -- Dion Lewis, Wes Welker, etc eventually and the full rebuild will really depend on what he can figure out at QB.

Historically, the Pats have spent at the top of the market when they have cap space, Roosevelt Colvin, Adalius Thomas, Stephon Gilmore. Itís a short list because they rarely have a lot of cap space because itís usually tied up in their own elite players. Over the years they let a lot of elite players go, but they also paid up for a lot - Lawyer Milloy, Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, Devin McCourty, Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski, Dontía Hightower were all re-signed to deals that were at the top, or close to it, for their respective positions. Added into the rare FA splashes from above and theyíve consistently had lots of well paid players.

Thatís not the case now. Our roster is trash and there arenít guys in the pipeline worth earmarking that cap space for. So not only do we have lots of cap now, we have lots of cap thatís practical to use for the future. CB JC Jackson (RFA this year) and LT Isiah Wynn (5th year option next year) are the only young players that you really look at and think you should earmark some money for.

Pats should have plenty of flexibility to come in with top of the market offers to several players. I know weíre not a glamour destination, but players sign with absolute garbage organizations every year. Cash is still king.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    You really donít know anything about football. Players will go to who ever offers the most money. Of course you get those who donít. But the far share go to who ever offers the most. Now will bill do this ? Probably not.

Not necessarily if they can win championships most will take less money to play for a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Historically, the Pats have spent at the top of the market when they have cap space, Roosevelt Colvin, Adalius Thomas, Stephon Gilmore. Itís a short list because they rarely have a lot of cap space because itís usually tied up in their own elite players. Over the years they let a lot of elite players go, but they also paid up for a lot - Lawyer Milloy, Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, Devin McCourty, Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Rob Gronkowski, Dontía Hightower were all re-signed to deals that were at the top, or close to it, for their respective positions. Added into the rare FA splashes from above and theyíve consistently had lots of well paid players.

Thatís not the case now. Our roster is trash and there arenít guys in the pipeline worth earmarking that cap space for. So not only do we have lots of cap now, we have lots of cap thatís practical to use for the future. CB JC Jackson (RFA this year) and LT Isiah Wynn (5th year option next year) are the only young players that you really look at and think you should earmark some money for.

Pats should have plenty of flexibility to come in with top of the market offers to several players. I know weíre not a glamour destination, but players sign with absolute garbage organizations every year. Cash is still king.
    I always thought championships were King I mean anyone in professional sports can get paid but not everyone can win a SB.

As long as there is money to be spent, the Pats will be able to get players. At the end of the day it all comes down to the almighty dollar.

Man...imagine being this spoiled as a fan that this is your reaction to free agency being 2 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Man...imagine being this spoiled as a fan that this is your reaction to free agency being 2 weeks away.

He doesnít represent us all

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    He doesnít represent us all

Oh come on you know the moment Brady and Bill leave, this team will not be a place guys want to come too. I just canít see anyone saying you know that NE team as some mighty good players I think Iím gonna play, for them instead of a contender whom I can win with now.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

The weekly BSF Pats Pity Party thread gets better and better.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast