Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 300
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If you are not on tapatalk (phone app, the only place embedded tweets ARE working) you will only see blank posts as embedded tweets are not functioning on PSD proper.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Im not on a mobile app so this makes sense, running on PC.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Last thread closed, but I will disagree until the day I die that this forum hasnt changed since 2008. The reason is probably because itís just not as heavily populated as it was before.

    So a lot of the fun and positivity found here probably expired along with the missing elements. Itís nothing that we can change, but I remember many a thread filled with a lot more fun than can be found nowadays.

    Oh well, back to baseball and a team thatís sure to be as enraging this year as this forum can sometimes be.
    The internet has changed a lot since 2008. Twitter/social media means less traditional forum activity. But this is a good place to find people posting relevant Cubs tweets to stay informed.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Cubs and White Sox have requested at least 30% capacity for Opening Day.

    Comes out to about 12k attendance per game
    I wonder how long this will last. Last game there were fans at Sloan sitting in the front row behind backstop. You'd think they'd keep more of a buffer from the on-field players and staff.

  4. 03-04-2021, 08:45 PM
    Reason
    Not Cubs related, so itís deleted. Back to Cubs talk. K thanks bye.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I wonder how long this will last. Last game there were fans at Sloan sitting in the front row behind backstop. You'd think they'd keep more of a buffer from the on-field players and staff.
    Do you know about the multi-quote button? I think it would really help you out. And to be clear, I am asking this completely genuinely.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,588
    Seems like the ball coming off Hoerner bat a little harder this spring, anyone else notice

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,717
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Seems like the ball coming off Hoerner bat a little harder this spring, anyone else notice

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Maybe. It's really hard to tell without statcast data if he's getting any extra EV, LA or barrels.

    Hoerner's issues are two fold. He needs to add strength and he needs to add lift. Way too early to tell if there's any real swing changes there. I haven't seen anyone show a difference and I can't really see one myself. Which isn't to say there isnt..just that I haven't seen anything on it and can't see myself. So it's hard to tell if there's any progress. Hopefully?

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 03-04-2021 at 09:21 PM.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Do you know about the multi-quote button? I think it would really help you out. And to be clear, I am asking this completely genuinely.
    I've tried before, not my thing.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Seems like the ball coming off Hoerner bat a little harder this spring, anyone else notice

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    He's hit the ball on the screws a couple of times i've seen, hard screaming line-drive single type hits.

    We know he has potential for a .280-.300 AVG type swing. A matter of working more walks and ideally more extra base hits/HR so he doesn't remain an Almora. I don't think he'll ever be a guy hitting more than 10 HR. Right now he's kind of a young Almora hitting-wise.

    IMO if things go smoothly I can realistically see him as a .280 AVG/.350 OBP/.400 SLG guy, which isn't great but lets him stick in the MLB with his pretty good defense at 2B. Maybe he bumps up that OPB and SLG 20 points each if he improves well.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    He's hit the ball on the screws a couple of times i've seen, hard screaming line-drive single type hits.

    We know he has potential for a .280-.300 AVG type swing. A matter of working more walks and ideally more extra base hits/HR so he doesn't remain an Almora. I don't think he'll ever be a guy hitting more than 10 HR. Right now he's kind of a young Almora hitting-wise.

    IMO if things go smoothly I can realistically see him as a .280 AVG/.350 OBP/.400 SLG guy, which isn't great but lets him stick in the MLB with his pretty good defense at 2B. Maybe he bumps up that OPB and SLG 20 points each if he improves well.
    I don't mind the low HR totals (10-15) for a defensive 2Bmen, as long as he getting doubles and triples with his speed.
    I'd be happy if he were like Castro in his early years

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    51,141
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I don't mind the low HR totals (10-15) for a defensive 2Bmen, as long as he getting doubles and triples with his speed.
    I'd be happy if he were like Castro in his early years

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    It matters a lot less if he hits 20HR+ if he puts the ball in play all the time.

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,016
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I just assumed that he would be in the OF for the bulk of our games against LHP. Looking at our OF numbers against LHP, he should be out there more than he ever has before

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,768

    2021 Spring Training Thread

    Last edited by CubsRule08; 03-05-2021 at 12:21 PM.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  14. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Thanks! Would just posting the link and not embedding be easier?

    Nice to see a lineup with half AAA guys.

  15. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,588
    Nico went deep to LC
    He hitting the ball pretty good so far

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

  16. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    91,671
    Nico dropping deuces.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •