Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Only 5%! Poor poor Tommy. I’m surprised he can afford to field a full lineup

Ricketts is awful. I doubt Rizzo is asking for the moon but who knows. For all those talking about back issues - DH is coming soon. I wouldn’t be too worried about extending him at 4 years but with 5 being the max.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Ricketts is awful. I doubt Rizzo is asking for the moon but who knows. For all those talking about back issues - DH is coming soon. I wouldn’t be too worried about extending him at 4 years but with 5 being the max.
    Have no idea if they’re true, but read rumors that Rizzo wants nine figures and the Cubs offered 5/70.
    Which makes both sides look kind of crazy.

Rizzo is probably the one guy out of all the championship Cubs I would get the most sick with seeing in another uniform. Heart and soul of this team for these years, great guy and leader, severely underpaid all those years. If they are going to keep anyone it should be him. Ricketts grace from the championship is gone, his crying poor is completely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubboy View Post
    Have no idea if they’re true, but read rumors that Rizzo wants nine figures and the Cubs offered 5/70.
    I'd say that 3/51, or at the max years, 4/68 is good. Rizzo missed out big time giving them a ridiculous team friendly extension years ago. He shouldn't expect the Cubs to make up for getting him for next to nothing throughout his prime.

If they truly offered 5/70 to Rizzo, I, too, would be pissed. That is an average of 14 per. You know who makes 14m or so current? Alex Cobb, Danny Duffy, Jean Segura, Ian Desmond etc that caliber of player. Rizzo is better than that. That supposed offer is insulting. While I don't think he should get in the neighborhood of what Goldschmidt got, but something like 5/110-115 is perfectly fine with me.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If he is, he not doing himself any favors trying to play through it, especially during his FA year

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    It could just be a case of him being hurt at the end of 2019, then the injury in 2020, and not being able to find his groove again yet. He's a big long guy where getting everything coordinated isn't easy. He was struggling before the injury last year too, so it probably not just that injury.

He had a 900+ OPS in 2019, that's not going to go away overnight while he's still in his prime. I think he'll be fine career-wise. I wouldn't worry much if he were extended.

I think 5/70 is low, but not as crazy as Cubs twitter is making it out to be. Some guys can’t put their fandom aside long enough to view this rationally. I would be fine with 5/100 but not much more.

What an absolute disgrace of an offer. THIS GUY WAS THE HEART AND SOUL OF A WORLD SERIES TITLE. Pay him for Christ’s sake. This “poor ricketts/ Jed overthinking the room” **** is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    What an absolute disgrace of an offer. THIS GUY WAS THE HEART AND SOUL OF A WORLD SERIES TITLE. Pay him for Christ’s sake. This “poor ricketts/ Jed overthinking the room” **** is getting old.
    So are we in the business of paying players for what they’ve done or for what they’re going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'd say that 3/51, or at the max years, 4/68 is good. Rizzo missed out big time giving them a ridiculous team friendly extension years ago. He shouldn't expect the Cubs to make up for getting him for next to nothing throughout his prime.
    I agree, the previous contracts are irrelevant to the current negotiations. Thing is he'll be 32 when he hits the FA market. Guys that age no matter how good are typically entering the decline years.

But then who would you replace him with? The coming off-season there's hardly any decent 1B. Freddie Freeman, but he'll be 32 also. I'd maybe rather re-sign a younger guy like Joc Pederson and stick him at 1B than give those guys the deals they want. Who knows. You hate to lose someone that consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I think 5/70 is low, but not as crazy as Cubs twitter is making it out to be. Some guys can’t put their fandom aside long enough to view this rationally. I would be fine with 5/100 but not much more.
    5/70 as a starting point is ok/whatever. If that’s the end offer, they really don’t want to sign him.
    I’d like to see 3/60 or 4/75 to 80.

Cerami reports (I've never seen him have sources so take it FWIW) that the initial offer was 4/$60m. If that's the case, 5/$70m is not a starting offer.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Cerami reports (I've never seen him have sources so take it FWIW) that the initial offer was 4/$60m. If that's the case, 5/$70m is not a starting offer.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Well Rizzo apparently did say they were still far apart in talks. Those aren't really serious offers. I've never seen the Cubs extend anyone for anything near FA rates. They seem allergic.

I doubt it was 5/70, I can see 3/70 as an offer

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast