Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: March "Shoot the puck"

Last few games they have been out shooting their opponent and good things are happening. No Boston this month so hopefully they can continue their winning ways like they have been against the rest of the division. Going to be an interesting month. Start off with 3 against the Pens out there and a bunch of Caps and Islanders.

G has been amazing since his return. Ghost the last 3 games has been the ghost we have wanted since his amazing season. My only issue is last game. We need a true number 2 defenseman because yet again we played prov an insane amount and he was other worldly... even the announcers were saying it was his best game of the year followed by another insane game the game before but the problem is HE ISNT GOING TO LAST lol... We need to put ghost on the top PP unit to give prov a break even if its just a tiny bit of a break because we are running this dude with a horrid defense like its the 80s/90s. Id rather not break Prov/Hart going forward

Take Provy off the PP completely or put him on PP2 (Sanhiem can run PP2 or Gust is he's playing) that will keep his TOI down some. Elliot needs to play more but I'd still give the majority of the games to Hart. I'd rotate Dmen giving them each a game off once in a while, even Provy.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    G has been amazing since his return. Ghost the last 3 games has been the ghost we have wanted since his amazing season. My only issue is last game. We need a true number 2 defenseman because yet again we played prov an insane amount and he was other worldly... even the announcers were saying it was his best game of the year followed by another insane game the game before but the problem is HE ISNT GOING TO LAST lol... We need to put ghost on the top PP unit to give prov a break even if its just a tiny bit of a break because we are running this dude with a horrid defense like its the 80s/90s. Id rather not break Prov/Hart going forward
    Agree with this for the most part. The only thing I question isn't really a disagreement here, but didn't Ghost get #1 PP time last game? He was on with G and Jake again from what I saw.

Also, huge news for tonight and possibly the next couple games...Crosby was added to the COVID List. If that's the case, we have to be aiming for a a 5-6 point effort here over the next 3. I'd be okay with 4 if the two wins were in regulation. You always have the chance for a "tough luck" loss in a series against the same opponent.

Another thought....If Ghost keeps up his improved play, do you go ahead and get Eckholm since you will have to let one of these guys go anyways? Maybe we just work out a deal with Seattle or something to not take a good player or maybe we let them take JVR (who wasn't going to be protected in most of our expansion mocks anyways). Thoughts?

For the love of everything can our defense not leave Carter out to dry so much?!?! Ghost with a bonehead pass at the blue line for breakaway and then that trash by Sanheim on the PK. Hopefully that save by Hart wakes the team up.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    For the love of everything can our defense not leave Carter out to dry so much?!?! Ghost with a bonehead pass at the blue line for breakaway and then that trash by Sanheim on the PK. Hopefully that save by Hart wakes the team up.
    Nope...Ghost and Provy leave Hart with a 2 on 0 in front of him. Pure Trash.

Short handed Pens just took it to us. AV got out coached in this one. Braun shouldn't be playing against faster teams, very slow. Ghost & Provy need their ***** kicked for hanging Hart out a couple of times. NAK needs to be playing next game. Hayes has disappeared. Elliot should be in net next game.

Wonder is the Preds would go for Patrick + 2 prospects + a pick for Forsberg.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Short handed Pens just took it to us. AV got out coached in this one. Braun shouldn't be playing against faster teams, very slow. Ghost & Provy need their ***** kicked for hanging Hart out a couple of times. NAK needs to be playing next game. Hayes has disappeared. Elliot should be in net next game.
    Actually Braun had a relatively solid game. The only part I agree with is that Ghost and Provy need the butts kicked. If not for Hart, this should have been a 10-2 game. Really had no chance on any of the 5 goals and it sucks that the 5th goal will go as a goal against him. Ghost's fault on the breakaway. PP goal on great passing and invisible defense by Sanheim on the second goal...might as well be a cone there because he did nothing. Third one is all Ghost and Provy....long shot deflected by a player alone in front causing a 2 on 0 on the rebound because neither defensman could be found. 4th goal defense caught pinching and a 4 on 2 led to a goal because patrick was back on defense when the 4 on 2 turned into a 3 on 1 because Provorov went after the guy at the boards. None of these goals were Braun's or Hart's fault. Also agree that Hayes has disappeared for a couple games.

Either Hart is your #1 and you roll with him or he isn't and you keep bouncing back and forth. I think you go Hart another game and then Elliot on Saturday because it will be Hart on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Wonder is the Preds would go for Patrick + 2 prospects + a pick for Forsberg.
    If the two prospects are Frost and York, sure they do it...but you're also getting fleeced. We don't need Forsberg, we need Eckholm if anyone. The problem has not been our offense or even goaltending, it's been our defense. They just leave Hart out to dry far too much. I feel like they have too much confidence in him which causes them to pinch more or make riskier plays if that makes sense. You see they play a more sound defensive scheme when Elliot is in net.

We out played them and made some dumb mistakes...

Ghost had 2 massive mistakes that led to 2 goals which is forgivable because his last 3 games he has been amazing... Prov was 50 percent at fault for one of those mistakes. Myers will end up being a healthy scratch next game because how awful he was. Bad games happen... Show the film/embarrass everyone and move on and hopefully they learn from it.

I have a bad feeling that Philly being Philly is going to start riding Hart, hopefully he can handle it. This city has been known to chase goalies out of town. AV should look at the film from that Pens game and see how they played as a team with a purpose and a plan knowing they were short handed and bring that to the Flyers!

The veteran core of this team has a 2nd round of the playoffs limit, and the “youth” who aren’t that young at all anymore, are not as high ceiling as we thought. We are in big trouble.

Can anybody remember a game where this team played well for a full 60 minutes?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast