Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,327

    NFL Free Agency Predictions...Landing Spots for Top Free Agents at all positions

    - Cam Newton (QB)- Cam leaves the Patriots in free agency and signs with the Denver Broncos creating a QB competition between Newton and Lock for the starter's job. PREDICTION: Leaves the Patriots to sign with the Denver Broncos

    - Corey Davis (WR)- Corey Davis leaves the Titans in free agency and as far as where I think he ends up...PREDICTION: Baltimore Ravens

    - T.Y. Hilton (WR)- T.Y. leaves the Colts in free agency and as far as where I think he ends up...PREDICTION: Pittsburgh Steelers

    - Hunter Henry (TE)- Hunter Henry leaves the Los Angeles Chargers in free agency and as far as where he ends up...PREDICTION: Miami Dolphins

    - Leonard Williams (DE)- PREDICTION: Re-signs with Giants

    - Yannick Ngakoue (LB)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Ravens and signs with the Los Angeles Chargers

    - Richard Sherman (CB)- PREDICTION: Sherm leaves the San Francisco 49ers and signs with the Las Vegas Raiders[/B]

    - Bud Dupree (LB)- PREDICTION: Dupree leaves the Steelers and he ends up signing with the Tennessee Titans


    - Joe Thuney (G)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Patriots and signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars

    - Brandon Scherff (G)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Washington Football Team and ends up signing with the Philadelphia Eagles

    - Juju Smith Schuster (WR)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Pittsburgh Steelers and ends up signing with??? The New England Patriots

    - Will Fuller V (WR)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Houston Texans and ends up signing with??? The Green Bay Packers

    - Anthony Harris (S)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Minnesota Vikings and signs with the Cleveland Browns

    - Marcus Williams (S)- PREDICTION: Leaves the New Orleans Saints and signs with the Atlanta Falcons


    - Jameis Winston (QB)- PREDICTION: Re signs with the New Orleans Saints...he basically becomes the #1 guy as the face of their franchise as the starting QB post Brees

    - JJ Watt (DE)- PREDICTION: Watt comes home and signs with the Green Bay Packers

    - Aaron Jones (RB)- PREDICTION: Jones leaves the Packers and as far as where he ends up? He signs with the Pittsburgh Steelers

    - Lavonte David (LB)- PREDICTION: David has his ring but I think he leaves the Buccaneers in free agency but as far as where he ends up? Lavonte David ends up in Seattle with the Seahawks which gives Russell Wilson the protection he needs.

    - Kenny Golladay (WR)- PREDICTION: Golladay leaves the Detroit Lions in free agency but as far as where he ends up? Golladay signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars giving Trevor Lawrence another weapon in the offense


    - Trent Williams (OT)- PREDICTION: Trent Williams leaves the San Francisco 49ers in free agency and as far as where he ends up? Trent Williams signs with the New York Jets

    - Shaq Barrett (LB)- PREDICTION: Barrett has his ring with the Buccaneers but I think Barrett leaves in free agency and as far as where he ends up? Shaq Barrett signs with the Las Vegas Raiders

    - Justin Simmons (S)- PREDICTION: Justin Simmons re-signs with the Denver Broncos

    - Allen Robinson (WR)- PREDICTION: Allen Robinson leaves the Chicago Bears in free agency and as far as where Allen ends up? Allen Robinson signs with the Miami Dolphins

    - Chris Godwin (WR)- PREDICTION: Godwin stays in Tampa and re-signs with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers



    And as far as the biggest free agent


    Dak Prescott (QB)- PREDICTION: Somehow by some hook or crook way Dak Prescott stays in Dallas and re-signs with the Dallas Cowboys

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,967
    Iíll make a bold prediction and say none of those guys comes to New England and I canít say I would blame them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Iíll make a bold prediction and say none of those guys comes to New England and I canít say I would blame them.
    I can actually see Bill spend big on a younger defensive player, like for example John Johnson who is only 25 and could replace Chung in the future. (Johnson could get tagged though.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    - T.Y. Hilton (WR)- T.Y. leaves the Colts in free agency and as far as where I think he ends up...PREDICTION: Pittsburgh Steelers


    - Aaron Jones (RB)- PREDICTION: Jones leaves the Packers and as far as where he ends up? He signs with the Pittsburgh Steelers
    With what money exactly?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,967
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I can actually see Bill spend big on a younger defensive player, like for example John Johnson who is only 25 and could replace Chung in the future. (Johnson could get tagged though.)
    No donít see it happening the team didnít want to pay Brady.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,833
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I can actually see Bill spend big on a younger defensive player, like for example John Johnson who is only 25 and could replace Chung in the future. (Johnson could get tagged though.)
    One of the few you g players on the team worth a damn is Kyle Dugger. Not sure Johnson would be the ideal target.

    NT Davin Tomlinson, EDGE Leonard Floyd, LB Matt Milano are the players I think heíd target in your scenario.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    82,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    - Cam Newton (QB)- Cam leaves the Patriots in free agency and signs with the Denver Broncos creating a QB competition between Newton and Lock for the starter's job. PREDICTION: Leaves the Patriots to sign with the Denver Broncos

    - Corey Davis (WR)- Corey Davis leaves the Titans in free agency and as far as where I think he ends up...PREDICTION: Baltimore Ravens

    - T.Y. Hilton (WR)- T.Y. leaves the Colts in free agency and as far as where I think he ends up...PREDICTION: Pittsburgh Steelers

    - Hunter Henry (TE)- Hunter Henry leaves the Los Angeles Chargers in free agency and as far as where he ends up...PREDICTION: Miami Dolphins

    - Leonard Williams (DE)- PREDICTION: Re-signs with Giants

    - Yannick Ngakoue (LB)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Ravens and signs with the Los Angeles Chargers

    - Richard Sherman (CB)- PREDICTION: Sherm leaves the San Francisco 49ers and signs with the Las Vegas Raiders[/B]

    - Bud Dupree (LB)- PREDICTION: Dupree leaves the Steelers and he ends up signing with the Tennessee Titans


    - Joe Thuney (G)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Patriots and signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars

    - Brandon Scherff (G)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Washington Football Team and ends up signing with the Philadelphia Eagles

    - Juju Smith Schuster (WR)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Pittsburgh Steelers and ends up signing with??? The New England Patriots

    - Will Fuller V (WR)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Houston Texans and ends up signing with??? The Green Bay Packers

    - Anthony Harris (S)- PREDICTION: Leaves the Minnesota Vikings and signs with the Cleveland Browns

    - Marcus Williams (S)- PREDICTION: Leaves the New Orleans Saints and signs with the Atlanta Falcons


    - Jameis Winston (QB)- PREDICTION: Re signs with the New Orleans Saints...he basically becomes the #1 guy as the face of their franchise as the starting QB post Brees

    - JJ Watt (DE)- PREDICTION: Watt comes home and signs with the Green Bay Packers

    - Aaron Jones (RB)- PREDICTION: Jones leaves the Packers and as far as where he ends up? He signs with the Pittsburgh Steelers

    - Lavonte David (LB)- PREDICTION: David has his ring but I think he leaves the Buccaneers in free agency but as far as where he ends up? Lavonte David ends up in Seattle with the Seahawks which gives Russell Wilson the protection he needs.

    - Kenny Golladay (WR)- PREDICTION: Golladay leaves the Detroit Lions in free agency but as far as where he ends up? Golladay signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars giving Trevor Lawrence another weapon in the offense


    - Trent Williams (OT)- PREDICTION: Trent Williams leaves the San Francisco 49ers in free agency and as far as where he ends up? Trent Williams signs with the New York Jets

    - Shaq Barrett (LB)- PREDICTION: Barrett has his ring with the Buccaneers but I think Barrett leaves in free agency and as far as where he ends up? Shaq Barrett signs with the Las Vegas Raiders

    - Justin Simmons (S)- PREDICTION: Justin Simmons re-signs with the Denver Broncos

    - Allen Robinson (WR)- PREDICTION: Allen Robinson leaves the Chicago Bears in free agency and as far as where Allen ends up? Allen Robinson signs with the Miami Dolphins

    - Chris Godwin (WR)- PREDICTION: Godwin stays in Tampa and re-signs with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers



    And as far as the biggest free agent


    Dak Prescott (QB)- PREDICTION: Somehow by some hook or crook way Dak Prescott stays in Dallas and re-signs with the Dallas Cowboys
    Colts not signing anyone? To the bargain bin we go.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,731
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    One of the few you g players on the team worth a damn is Kyle Dugger. Not sure Johnson would be the ideal target.

    NT Davin Tomlinson, EDGE Leonard Floyd, LB Matt Milano are the players I think heíd target in your scenario.
    My bad; I didn't know the Pats already had someone at that position.

    The other names you mention I find unlikely though. Tomlinson is a good player but I feel like Bill has always been able to find someone like him in the draft. Floyd will get a ton of money for having 10 sacks that I doubt Bill will want to spend on him. Milano I think is very overrated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Near Indy
    Posts
    184
    I have always had the impression Hilton wants to finish his career as a Colt. It is interesting that their website show best offensive and defensive plays different players have made this past season, but T.Y. is not shown.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,385
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    My bad; I didn't know the Pats already had someone at that position.

    The other names you mention I find unlikely though. Tomlinson is a good player but I feel like Bill has always been able to find someone like him in the draft. Floyd will get a ton of money for having 10 sacks that I doubt Bill will want to spend on him. Milano I think is very overrated.
    The Pats front 7 is bad enough that they can't afford to wait on a rookie develop. Getting Hightower back and Uche developing will help, but I watched them lineup in Eagle formation for several weeks and still get their lunch money taken by zone runs. Their best interior DL was Butler and I think he's a FA. Winovich is incredibly underrated but for some reason wasn't getting adequate snaps for half the year. The Pats really need an instant upgrade at DT and DE to pair with their young guys.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,731
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The Pats front 7 is bad enough that they can't afford to wait on a rookie develop. Getting Hightower back and Uche developing will help, but I watched them lineup in Eagle formation for several weeks and still get their lunch money taken by zone runs. Their best interior DL was Butler and I think he's a FA. Winovich is incredibly underrated but for some reason wasn't getting adequate snaps for half the year. The Pats really need an instant upgrade at DT and DE to pair with their young guys.
    I really don't think interior DL is a problem although they had bad luck with injuries in 2020. Belichick always seems to be able to find serviceable players for that position kinda like the Steelers with receivers.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,833
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The Pats front 7 is bad enough that they can't afford to wait on a rookie develop. Getting Hightower back and Uche developing will help, but I watched them lineup in Eagle formation for several weeks and still get their lunch money taken by zone runs. Their best interior DL was Butler and I think he's a FA. Winovich is incredibly underrated but for some reason wasn't getting adequate snaps for half the year. The Pats really need an instant upgrade at DT and DE to pair with their young guys.
    Winovich doesnít consistently hold the edge. Pats are pretty big sticklers about that, especially against mobile QBs. Winovich is going to have to be more disciplined if heís going to be a full time player for BB.

    Butler is our best interior pad rusher but heís weak vs run. Lawrence Guy is still best all around interior defender but heís a FA too. He seems like a guy theyíll bring back though. They really need veteran help vs the run though.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,833
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I really don't think interior DL is a problem although they had bad luck with injuries in 2020. Belichick always seems to be able to find serviceable players for that position kinda like the Steelers with receivers.
    Totally disagree. DL play, particularly vs the run is our biggest issue on defense. Even if you go back to 2019, where they were dominant unit to start the year then fell off. Everyone attributed the fall off the better QBs in the 2nd half of the schedule. Obviously that played a part. But if you really break it down, it was the poor play vs the run that really was the main fall off. Teams just committed to gashing then.

    The issue was even more magnified this year with such poor LB play due to opt outs and FA deflections. But big bodies who can control the LOS inside is a pressing need for us.

    Generally BB has done a good job plugging gaps inside. But usually with his 3rd/4th defensive tackles. Heís always had a rock there because itís a spot heís always made huge investment in. Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork were all high picks and resigned at top dollar. Alan Branch and Lawrence Guy were studs for the ATL and STL super bowl years, respectively. Guy has fallen off some now though just like Branch did. They need at least one guy who can be a rock for them vs the run. Thatís why Iíve been a huge advocate of Davin Tomlinson, even if he stands to get paid a lot. Itís a place Iíd invest some real money in.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    20,731
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Totally disagree. DL play, particularly vs the run is our biggest issue on defense. Even if you go back to 2019, where they were dominant unit to start the year then fell off. Everyone attributed the fall off the better QBs in the 2nd half of the schedule. Obviously that played a part. But if you really break it down, it was the poor play vs the run that really was the main fall off. Teams just committed to gashing then.

    The issue was even more magnified this year with such poor LB play due to opt outs and FA deflections. But big bodies who can control the LOS inside is a pressing need for us.

    Generally BB has done a good job plugging gaps inside. But usually with his 3rd/4th defensive tackles. Heís always had a rock there because itís a spot heís always made huge investment in. Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork were all high picks and resigned at top dollar. Alan Branch and Lawrence Guy were studs for the ATL and STL super bowl years, respectively. Guy has fallen off some now though just like Branch did. They need at least one guy who can be a rock for them vs the run. Thatís why Iíve been a huge advocate of Davin Tomlinson, even if he stands to get paid a lot. Itís a place Iíd invest some real money in.
    Obviously you know the Pats better than I do but I would be very surprised if they signed Tomlinson to a big contract.

    I'm not saying the interior DL is great, but they are serviceable and the problems in run defense lie more with the LBs as you say. I just feel like you'd do a lot better trying to find a run stuffing DT through the draft, kinda like the Ravens have been doing for a decade, Madubuike being the most recent example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •