Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    My thing is Obi looks lost out there. On defense and offense. He was taken out today because he made a dumb turnover and then proceeded to foul the guy right after. Yes we are up by 20 but that doesn't excuse the play. If you're not playing like a guy who deserves time, you won't get it. Leaving him in there won't help his development and won't help us as a team. I'm all for this tough love as I much rather take him out than let him work through these blunders. Because chances are, he won't in real game. He has practice and stuff to work through them. Don't want him to fall into bad habits in real game and then make it so he can't fix it in practice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Iím not too upset about his mins. Iíd liked to see him look a little less lost and be rewarded for some good play with nights where he might get a little more clock but heís a rookie behind Randle. Heís got to get better though no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

GT#35 Muy Glorioso Knicks (17-17) @ Detroit Power Forwards (9-24): Hello Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think heís passing up more open 3s now in favor of swinging the ball around which is a good thing for the offense IMO. I saw him get in position to post up more than once and Randle looked him off so he cleared out. He was running the floor and probably had 2 or 3 guys try to hit him with an oop and they all were trash. He faked a 3 and took it to the cup for an and1 but got the charge call. He had a 3 in the corner go halfway down and rim out.

I didnít really see him shook on O but I think heís making a point to pick his spots more carefully and not hijack possessions to try and score.

But again I think his biggest task tonight was to show he can play D without Knox-type lapses and he did that. Next game if he does the same thing he did tonight on offense in terms of picking spots he could be end up with 10 points if the ball bounces his way a little bit.
    There is some truth to that. He also was killing spacing in the first half and really didnít know where to go on offense. Lost is the word. Guys do have to realize you don't have to throw a lop bc its Toppin. He's not Noel. It's ok to throw a bounce pass and let him fill the lane that way

I don't like the fact that he looks more confused on offense then he did two weeks ago.

Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I admit Obi isnít good right now. Thatís a big difference then how Frank was talked about.

At least frank was and is an elite defender, obi has nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Frank needs to stop fouling so damn much though.

I feel like Iíve never seen a guard/wing foul as much as he does.

Frank might be a positive player in year 4.

Obi has good physical tools and has shown the ability to finish out of the post. Heís also 30 games into an NBA career.
    Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Frank needs to stop fouling so damn much though.

I feel like Iíve never seen a guard/wing foul as much as he does.
    All aggressive defenders foul a lot.

Theres few defenders in the entire nba that ive ever seen get their guy so flustered and confused as when Frank is defending them.

Franks defense is so good You'll see defending off the ball and the guy trying to get the ball to the guy hes defending gets confused and turns it over. Franks defense is absolutely top tier.

https://youtu.be/ghPFCmjryoM

Look at his defense even off the ball and how much chaos it causes, franks defense is so good, he makes it hard just to get the ball to the guy hes defending.

Go to the 1:30 mark and look at his defense, dude is guarding 2 players at once and forces a turnover because they have no clue how to handle him.

I know its not an offensive highlight but that's crazy elite stuff right there.

there's no stat for that, no highlight for that, but nobody else in the nba can play perimeter defense like that either,
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 03-01-2021 at 01:09 AM.

All aggressive defenders foul a lot.

Theres few defenders in the entire nba that ive ever seen get so flustered and confused as when Frank is defending them.

Franks defense is so good You'll see defending off the ball and the guy trying to get the ball to the guy hes defending gets confused and turns it over. Franks defense is absolutely top tier.

https://youtu.be/ghPFCmjryoM

Look at his defense even off the ball and how much chaos it causes, franks defense is so good, he makes it hard just to get the ball to the guy hes defending.

Go to the 1:30 mark and look at his defense, dude is guarding 2 players at once and forces a turnover because they have no clue how to handle him.

I know its not an offensive highlight but that's crazy elite stuff right there.

there's no stat for that, no highlight for that, but nobody else in the nba can play perimeter defense like that either,
    He's not Bill Russell. Honestly heís not Bryon Russell

He's not Bill Russell. Honestly heís not Bryon Russell

But that's the thing, in todays nba, bigs who are good defensively have limited value.

In the new NBA, you should value the guy who can dominate the perimeter.

Ive been saying this for years, bigs who are shot blockers don't have the value they once had.

Now you want guys who can dominate the perimeter on defense and guard the opposing teams best player. If you get in the playoffs and you put frank on the other teams best player, for a 7 game series, the opposing team is screwed if they can't win without that player playing well.

No perimeter player in the nba is going to play a great 7 game series with frank on them every game, ill guarantee that.

And in todays nba, that has way more value than a big man who blocks shots.

The nba is just slow to understand this.

Frank doesn't just shut down whoever he guards, frank can shut down your entire offense, with the way the nba is played today.

there's no stats for that, which is why frank doesn't get the respect his game deserves, but smart teams will eventually start to understand, that has WAY more value in the modern day game than a big man who blocks shot.

Teams can't even set their offense up when frank is out there.

But that's the thing, in todays nba, bigs who are good defensively have limited value.

In the new NBA, you should value the guy who can dominate the perimeter.

Ive been saying this for years, bigs who are shot blockers don't have the value they once had.

Now you want guys who can dominate the perimeter on defense and guard the opposing teams best player. If you get in the playoffs and you put frank on the other teams best player, for a 7 game series, the opposing team is screwed if they can't win without that player playing well.

No perimeter player in the nba is going to play a great 7 game series with frank on them every game, ill guarantee that.

And in todays nba, that has way more value than a big man who blocks shots.

The nba is just slow to understand this.
    It's a switching league. I don't want to come off as ****** on Franks D but you are over rating him and off base

Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Frank doesn't just shut down whoever he guards, frank can shut down your entire offense, with the way the nba is played today.

there's no stats for that, which is why frank doesn't get the respect his game deserves, but smart teams will eventually start to understand, that has WAY more value in the modern day game than a big man who blocks shot.

Teams can't even set their offense up when frank is out there.
    Heís not Chuck Norris either

You guys talking about Obi know nothing just like you knew nothing about Julius Randle last season. Obi is a rookie no matter how old he is. He is a young athletic big with a 7'2" wingspan and good court vision. He is active on the floor and is always saving loose balls and mixing it up on rebounds.

They are not having practices where they can work on his game and add some set plays that shows off his skill set. With that being said... Obi is a hard worker and was breed in NYC basketball. He is going to put in that work to get better and in coming years the same fans talking bad about him will be on his nuts just like your on Julius nuts right now...lol

How them salty nuts taste

Catching up on all the comments over here,

What I loved about last night was how we just took care of business, no complacency as a team on a back to back

Credit to Noel as well. Since he has come in to the starting rotation his game has really stepped up

Proud Knick the other side of the pond

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís not getting in the way of wins. If heís playing like **** I get it. If heís not, he should be out there more than a couple minutes every 2nd half
    shady your either not fully watching, only watching to see him get pulled or your not listening?

IQ may on paper look like a decent game but coach is constantly sending him a message, and I like it, he was yelling at IQ and Obi all game long, and they were out of position, Obi looked lost all over the court, and IQ was not even looking to run an offense.

He is not playing with Rose, he was not the off guard, he did nothing the coach was yelling him to do. He was for this game at least playing bad defense. Love the kid but i'm all about hard love as well.

Thibs has his style, do I think for pro's he yells a bit much? yea, I think maybe for some players it could make them more nervous and keep thinking instead of reacting, but I also know each individual is different and i'm not eating dinner with them having private conversations, at Practice, yes practice with one on one instructions, it's obvious that they are not performing as Thibs would like or they would get more time.

We have RJ and Mitch as prime examples of guys that are very young who get 30+ min so is Thibs picking on others or is he doing what he thinks he needs to do to improve their game?

I watched the game and thought oh my here comes the comments and last night Thibs was sending a message and if that makes these kids of our future better than i'm all in.

And D-leeth and TakeY are 100% right, these are athletes that should be able to play 35+ minutes and not be questioned, damn in my day guys like Clyde and Debuss etc would play all but a minute or two each and every game, and back then you only had one coach, no assistants and one trainer, think about that.

Need to stop babying these guys. I remember Ewing playing 46 min sweat dripping down all over the place, not one fan would say hey pull him you kidding me?

Last night I was all in with Thibs, watched closely, hopefully for a couple young guys lesson learned.

Sadly Frank went back to having one good decent showing then a flop, if fans are calling DSJ's game last night a loser, then ..........hmmm

I admit Obi isnít good right now. Thatís a big difference then how Frank was talked about.

yea i don't see any posts of comparing Obi to HOF players, Frank was compared to two HOF players, which to me was absurd at the time, and even comparing him to Smart and a couple said he would be better than Smart because of his court vision, some things you just don't forget.

Obi, most in here are just saying he's played what 12 min per for what 20+ games, he missed some, and Frank at least was getting in the low 20's early on in his career, big difference.

With Obi he don't look good, probably the wrong pick, but you have to give him more time than this.

I thought Frank had a great opportunity to give Thibs reasons to be in the rotation if he came out and balled against this really bad team and he had a clunker,

I'm actually hoping since he does love Rose that he see's the first unit needs him and use Payton the way he's using Frank right now. Maybe Payton and IQ can work, not sure?

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast