Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

GT#35 Muy Glorioso Knicks (17-17) @ Detroit Power Forwards (9-24): Hello Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    What is my bar? I want him to do something and heís consistently doing nothing.
    What do you want him to do in 10 mins a night 30 games into a rookie season? Sorry canít possibly tell you are objective about Toppin after making excuses for Frank being a no show for the majority of 3 seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yea I agree. It wonít be long before weíre complaining that Thibs is riding Quickley into the ground because he played 40 mins in a blowout. This is how he coaches his rookies. Quickley seems built for it and I think Thibs is the perfect coach for him honestly.
    So benching him when heís hot, and then keeping him on the bench after, and playing him well under 10 minutes in second halves is teaching him? What exactly? Guy is a gunner, and has been among the top players on this team. Let him do what he does

I didnít see Miami teaching Herro. They unleashed him, and let him do what he does. Just out of curiosity, IQ is 24th in the league in points per 36, even better than Randle. And heís by far the lowest in minutes, only guys close have missed a decent amount of games
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 03-01-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Your eyes are betraying you. Mitch has been better defensively this year. Itís not even a question.

Noel is a really good defender. Mitch is better.
    Agree to disagree. Noel has been great. Itís certainly fair to question given how well weíve played without Mitch. Noel doesnít just block.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Maybe I saw things differently but if Obiís path to more playing time was showing he could be adequate at C for small stretches I thought he did that tonight. Knox could bang 5 threes but if he missed too many rotations Thibs wouldnít play him. I think the ďtrenchesĒ part of the game is what Thibs wants to see from Obi more than getting buckets. I think he played a solid game in that regard.
    He didnít kill us on D and actually did decent around the cup. He was so lost on offense in the first half that he did hurt us. If Burks wasnít doing it on his own it would have hurt more. I hear ya but I also think he is shook right now. He looked better in the second half but it wasnít good

As for him not trying to get buckets I donít buy that. Everyone should try to get buckets at all time/be a threat to get buckets at all times. You just need to know where you get yours/ how you put pressure on the D

Last edited by ewing; 03-01-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Rose keeps control of the pace, which is what thibs wants.
    I didnít think Rose was capable of playing these minutes still. Thibs needs to be a little careful with him. I feel like the writing has to be on the wall for Payton at this point. Rose fits so much better with the starters than Payton and allows Quickley to do his thing with the 2nd unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What do you want him to do in 10 mins a night 30 games into a rookie season? Sorry canít possibly tell you are objective about Toppin after making excuses for Frank being a no show for the majority of 3 seasons

But I didnít make excuses. I expressly said that Frank screwed up his chances. All I asked was that he be given more chances when our seasons were basically over. (Notice how Iím not asking for it this year).

It seems like youíre doing for Obi what youíve previously accused Frank fans of doing. I mean Frank at least had a legit NBA skill 30 games in. Obi has shown next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Rose keeps control of the pace, which is what thibs wants.
    I agree. I think Quickley can do a decent job controlling the pace when he plays with Randle though. The second unit is going to up and down bc it ask so much of Quickley

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I didnít think Rose was capable of playing these minutes still. Thibs needs to be a little careful with him. I feel like the writing has to be on the wall for Payton at this point. Rose fits so much better with the starters than Payton and allows Quickley to do his thing with the 2nd unit.
    Its anyones guess what rose can handle but hes been with thibs a long time, if he feels its too much he can just go to thibs himself and tell him.

Were going into all star break, they'll have lots of time to rest.

Rose and Randle are vets, they should be well conditioned to handle the minutes, and they know how to let their bodies rest in down time because they are vets.

I don't see the issue with it.

But yeah, I think Thibs rode Payton as long as he could but its clear that spot should be for Rose, will be interesting to see how thibs handles it, but I trust his choice either way at this point.

I agree. I think Quickley can do a decent job controlling the pace when he plays with Randle though. The second unit is going to up and down bc it ask so much of Quickley

Quickly isn't doing anything wrong, but Rose just knows how to run the team better. He knows what thibs wants, and that formula is working.

Thibs demand to play hard day in and day out and try to win every game has us in 4th place.

But I didnít make excuses. I expressly said that Frank screwed up his chances. All I asked was that he be given more chances when our seasons were basically over. (Notice how Iím not asking for it this year).

It seems like youíre doing for Obi what youíve previously accused Frank fans of doing. I mean Frank at least had a legit NBA skill 30 games in. Obi has shown next to nothing.
    I admit Obi isnít good right now. Thatís a big difference then how Frank was talked about.

He didnít kill us on D and actually did decent around the cup. He was so lost on offense in the first half that he did hurt us. If Burks wasnít doing it on his own it would have hurt more. I hear ya but I also think he is shook right now. He looked better in the second half but it wasnít good

As for him not trying to get buckets I donít buy that. Everyone should try to get buckets at all time/be a threat to get buckets at all times. You just need to know where you get yours/ how you put pressure on the D

I noticed Obi trying to post up when Randle had the ball, but Randle ignore him and dribbled away or passed it to someone else. Obi looks very uncomfortable playing next to Randle. I thought his defense has been mostly fine, but heís been making a lot of dumb fouls lately. Heís definitely pressing.

I hope we trade him at the deadline or in the offseason. Heís never going to fit here with Randle looking like our franchise player.

I think heís passing up more open 3s now in favor of swinging the ball around which is a good thing for the offense IMO. I saw him get in position to post up more than once and Randle looked him off so he cleared out. He was running the floor and probably had 2 or 3 guys try to hit him with an oop and they all were trash. He faked a 3 and took it to the cup for an and1 but got the charge call. He had a 3 in the corner go halfway down and rim out.

I didnít really see him shook on O but I think heís making a point to pick his spots more carefully and not hijack possessions to try and score.

But again I think his biggest task tonight was to show he can play D without Knox-type lapses and he did that. Next game if he does the same thing he did tonight on offense in terms of picking spots he could be end up with 10 points if the ball bounces his way a little bit.

My thing is Obi looks lost out there. On defense and offense. He was taken out today because he made a dumb turnover and then proceeded to foul the guy right after. Yes we are up by 20 but that doesn't excuse the play. If you're not playing like a guy who deserves time, you won't get it. Leaving him in there won't help his development and won't help us as a team. I'm all for this tough love as I much rather take him out than let him work through these blunders. Because chances are, he won't in real game. He has practice and stuff to work through them. Don't want him to fall into bad habits in real game and then make it so he can't fix it in practice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I noticed Obi trying to post up when Randle had the ball, but Randle ignore him and dribbled away or passed it to someone else. Obi looks very uncomfortable playing next to Randle. I thought his defense has been mostly fine, but heís been making a lot of dumb fouls lately. Heís definitely pressing.

I hope we trade him at the deadline or in the offseason. Heís never going to fit here with Randle looking like our franchise player.
    I think I remember that play. I think he half wanted the Ball. He is definitely intimidated by Randle and was looking more to stay out of the way then to contribute

One thing I've noticed with Quick is that when he's out there with Randle he doesn't facilitate the ball well. He's either looking to score or Randle is the facilitator. That may be why they took him out and brought back Rose. Wanted more fluidity in the court.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast