Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

GT#35 Muy Glorioso Knicks (17-17) @ Detroit Power Forwards (9-24): Hello Dennis

Last night the New York Knicks took care of business, defeating the Pacers and getting back to .500 but look who we have here? The schedule doctors have a meeting with former Knick Dennis Smith and the Detroit Pistons. Will Dennis the Menace plague the Knicks and prevent them from going one game over .500? Tune in to find out.

Random Thoughts:

1. Dennis the Menace Included in a trade because Lebron James said so. One of the many reasons why former Team President Steve Mills was fired. The Mavs specifically coach Rick Carlisle didnít like Dennis Smith Jrís tendency to hold onto the ball so much. It caught up to him. TNT analyst and New Yorker Kenny Smith mentioned how Smith never worked on his skills and the NBA learned how to defend him. He had a rough half season with the Knicks but from that point on, it was all on him.

2. The Zen of Billy from White Men Canít Jump : Would you rather look good on a loss or win ugly on a win? Thatís how I quantify a lot of players on bad teams. Thereís a reason why their numbers are so gaudy. It wouldnít shock me if Dennis Smith Jr drops 43 pts in a Pistons loss.

3. The Art of Winning Ugly: Against the Pacers, Randle and Barrett struggled a bit and didnít shoot well in the first half. Very pedestrian numbers. That happens. The Knicks defense is what got them through that game. This is an important value for the makings of a champion.

4.Cade Cunningham Watch : The Pistons are atrociously bad. Their tank is perfection. Hereís the thing, they donít need a player but an entire team. Scott Perry itís time to redeem yourself for Kevin Knox.

5.Can Blake Griffin still dunk over a car: Heard the Pistons gift wrapped a Walker for the day he leaves the organization as an UFA.

Above .500 is there. Letís go Knicks!
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 02-28-2021 at 09:03 AM.

We're a +1.5 against det. This game scares me to be honest. If odds are correct, we're in for a dsj revenge game.

Yup. Especially on a back2back with the second game on the road. Gonna be a close shave. If the Knicks commit to D, they should be ok.

Oddsmakers have had us as underdogs in 90% of the games this season so not terribly surprising. I donít think B2Bs have the same impact they used to, teams are so used to them this year. I do worry about how we perform in trap games though and this is another one.

It definitely feels like a trap game, which has me cautiously optimistic.

The Pistons are tanking we got these games vs them it's the spurs that worries me

Save Rose for LATE in the 4th. His legs are dead. Put Bullock out of his misery AND PLAY OUR FIRST ROUND LOTTERY DRAFT PICKS. Enough with this insanity of playing Bullock 30 freakin minutes. It's ridiculous.

#stubborncoach

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Save Rose for LATE in the 4th. His legs are dead. Put Bullock out of his misery AND PLAY OUR FIRST ROUND LOTTERY DRAFT PICKS. Enough with this insanity of playing Bullock 30 freakin minutes. It's ridiculous.

#stubborncoach
    Rose played way too many minutes last night, so hoping IQ gets more run. Frank, Knox and Obi should play more tonight too.

I donít know what Thibs is going to do at C. Noel canít play 40 on the second night of a back to back...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Rose played way too many minutes last night, so hoping IQ gets more run. Frank, Knox and Obi should play more tonight too.

I donít know what Thibs is going to do at C. Noel canít play 40 on the second night of a back to back...
    Maybe we see Randle at 5, with Obi/Knox at 4

Noel and Rose get hurt playing excessive minutes. Both need more rest tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Noel and Rose get hurt playing excessive minutes. Both need more rest tonight.
    I expect us to blow this open mad early drose and Noel should get plenty time to rest

If we lose these two games I'd be so disappointed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I remember DSJ last game against the Knicks and he had a triple double, he will be pumped and he may play well, we have a very tired Rose starting tonight, doubt Payton plays till after the all star break if he's on the team lol

Hopefully we can jump on these guys and get the bench in early and keep it going, I see IQ having a big game tonight, no one on the Pistons will stop him. If Randle has legs he should have a good game as well and play both PF and C tonight.

I'm thinking we see more of Knox tonight at PF, Burks played 22 min so he should be good to go on the second unit, IQ barely played so he should play near 30min or something is just crazy. It better not be under 20 that is for sure.

Would be interesting but highly doubt it to see Obi and Knox go C/PF tonight, but hey.

I don't think it's a trap game, Thibs has these guys pumped and motivated, i'm more concerned about Rose and Noel and Randle, if Noel is too tired to man the paint and Rose and Randle legs are tired then shots won't fall and this may give the Pistons a reason to think they have a shot.

Hoping we have a surprise step up tonight, should be interesting to see how Thibs handles this, he will start the same five, but have to see if he's that stubborn to continue like we didn't play last night and give some heavy minutes.

FYI with the Tor/Bulls game postponed, Knicks take care of business they are in sole possession of 4th place and Celtics who are 16-17 and playing terrible could lose to Wash tonight.

Personally I think Miami is the 4th best team and will be there, they caught up real quick once they were all playing again and Butler has been playing really well.

Iíd be surprised if rose plays
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast