Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1011
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What difference does this make?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Difference between thoughts and actions....

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is always the excuse. “It’s not that we’re against fighting for black rights, it’s the way you fought for black rights”.

    Newsflash: if you say that about every attempt to fight for black rights, you’re against fighting for black rights.
    As opposed to telling every black person they are a victim and should be offended by everything...

    Black people have been voting for the party that “supports their rights” since the 1960s. How’s that worked out for them?

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the most disturbing part of our conversations is just how terrible you are at analogies.
    I’m just adding onto your analogy. Don’t blame me if it’s **** in top of ****

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Difference between thoughts and actions....
    The two are tied at the hip, if he knelt in honor of soldiers people wouldnt have had an issue. The two cant be separated.

    Regardless, it makes no difference in the context of cancel culture. He was cancelled for his actions regarding racial equality. He got cancelled due to backlash to him doing that.

    Some people get cancelled due to backlash to them saying something. Some people get cancelled due to backlash to them doing something. I dont see what the diff is between the 2 in regards to being cancel culture.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-07-2021 at 05:44 AM.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You are trying to have it both ways. He was only a media distraction because he was cancelled by Trump and his sycophants.

    We can say the exact same thing about Gino Carano. Disney fired her because she was too much of a distraction. It’s the laziest intellectual argument possible. “The repercussions of cancel culture are not technically cancel culture”.
    He wasn't *canceled by Trump*, Candidate Trump (which is what he was at the time of Kaep's last season) doesn't have that power, he did certainly INCREASE the media attention that Kaep had brought on himself, but much like Tim Tebow (who also had an INSANE amount of media attention), he was a distraction for teams.

    Also, you're refusing to acknowledge the fact that he was benched TWICE that season for Blaine Gabbart, also, this Kaep martyr narrative ignores the fact that HE WASN'T ALONE, from the beginning it was him AND Eric Reid, who continued to play in the league for several more seasons after this...because he was good.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You are trying to have it both ways. He was only a media distraction because he was cancelled by Trump and his sycophants.

    We can say the exact same thing about Gino Carano. Disney fired her because she was too much of a distraction. It’s the laziest intellectual argument possible. “The repercussions of cancel culture are not technically cancel culture”.
    She made a bad analogy to Weimar Germany, which as even Bill Maher pointed out, would get most of Hollywood fired if we were being consistent.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Looney toons awesome but they aren't relevant anymore. I dont get it either. It's like cancelling TJ Hooker


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They did cancel the Dukes of Hazard because of that ****ing Car, just because something isn't relevant anymore, doesn't mean cancel culture won't come for it.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The two are tied at the hip, if he knelt in honor of soldiers people wouldnt have had an issue. The two cant be separated.

    Regardless, it makes no difference in the context of cancel culture. He was cancelled for his actions regarding racial equality. He got cancelled due to backlash to him doing that.

    Some people get cancelled due to backlash to them saying something. Some people get cancelled due to backlash to them doing something. I dont see what the diff is between the 2 in regards to being cancel culture.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He didn't get canceled for that, he got benched TWICE that season for Blaine Gabbart because he wasn't good anymore, while his teammate Eric Reid, who was just as much a part of the protests got to keep his job for several more years because he was good.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,453
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They did cancel the Dukes of Hazard because of that ****ing Car, just because something isn't relevant anymore, doesn't mean cancel culture won't come for it.
    The Dukes were on CMT all the time. Is Looney tunes on TV.? You need to have a platform to be de-platformed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,502
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He didn't get canceled for that, he got benched TWICE that season for Blaine Gabbart because he wasn't good anymore, while his teammate Eric Reid, who was just as much a part of the protests got to keep his job for several more years because he was good.
    He was still a lower end starter or high end backup talent. Wentz got benched this year for a rookie too because the team wasn't winning, he had basically as many INT's as TD's and a team is still out there trading for him the following year.

    Kapernick would have been good enough to sign (not trade multiple picks just offer a contract at least) for a QB needy team that wanted to take a shot or have a nice backup. The reason this became less of an option was the extreme cancel culture that has been noted, Trump the candidate was a big part of that. He didn't have the ability to cancel him completely alone but he used his platform to perpetuate and call for extreme cancel culture which many in his base also followed suit with at extreme levels calling to boycott etc. This extreme cancel culture is part of why Kapernick was no longer worth it for teams, which is how cancel culture works for the actors/actresses and random guy getting caught with the OK sign too. Them not being "worth it" anymore in part due to the cancel culture around them is the issue even if the people involved aren't the specific ones to cancel. Increasing attention is part of the cancel culture, you scream at the top of your lungs something needs to be cancelled and hope it catches the mainstream (just like Tump and many others were doing at the time).

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    As opposed to telling every black person they are a victim and should be offended by everything...

    Black people have been voting for the party that “supports their rights” since the 1960s. How’s that worked out for them?
    How’s that worked out for them? A lot better than before when they were slaves and separate but equal.

    But you proved my point: you didn’t deny you were against the cause. You’ve just adopted the modern anti-black position. We’re this the 60’s you’d be arguing against the Civil Rights Act

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He wasn't *canceled by Trump*, Candidate Trump (which is what he was at the time of Kaep's last season) doesn't have that power, he did certainly INCREASE the media attention that Kaep had brought on himself, but much like Tim Tebow (who also had an INSANE amount of media attention), he was a distraction for teams.

    Also, you're refusing to acknowledge the fact that he was benched TWICE that season for Blaine Gabbart, also, this Kaep martyr narrative ignores the fact that HE WASN'T ALONE, from the beginning it was him AND Eric Reid, who continued to play in the league for several more seasons after this...because he was good.
    He didn’t cancel Kaepernick, he only tried to get him cancelled.

    I’m not refusing to acknowledge anything, he was also talented enough to still play in the NFL, yet received no offers. You brought up Tim Tebow being a distraction; but even he got several other offers after he was benched and Kaepernick was a more talented player.

    Now tell me, how is saying “Gina Carano was fired because she was too much of a distraction” any different than doing so for Kaepernick?

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,744
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    She made a bad analogy to Weimar Germany, which as even Bill Maher pointed out, would get most of Hollywood fired if we were being consistent.
    I agree, I don’t think she deserved to get fired for what she said, but I’m not the one arguing that it’s OK to fire or blackball someone for what they say if it becomes too much of a media distraction: you are.

    You have quite literally adopted a pro-cancel culture stance.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Dukes were on CMT all the time. Is Looney tunes on TV.? You need to have a platform to be de-platformed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see it on Cartoon Network and Boomerang. And they've had various reboots in different styles across the years.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 03-07-2021 at 01:08 PM.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree, I don’t think she deserved to get fired for what she said, but I’m not the one arguing that it’s OK to fire or blackball someone for what they say if it becomes too much of a media distraction: you are.

    You have quite literally adopted a pro-cancel culture stance.
    No, I'm not, I don't think he should have been blackballed for the over the top media attention that was around him, that wasn't his fault, he wanted to focus on football, same with Tim Tebow, he didn't ask for all the media attention, but it followed him wherever he went.

    Ultimately they're both out of the league because neither played well.
    To me THAT IS A REASON to not have a job.

    In the NFL ideally you have a QB who does his job works hard, doesn't get brought up in the press much and plays really well, like Russel Wilson, or Dak Prescot, or Peyton Manning.
    However, you can have an NFL career as a player that is in the headlines all the time and gets a lot of media attention AND PLAYS well, like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady.
    You can also have an NFL career if your a meh QB who keeps his mouth shut and doesn't get much media attention, Ryan Fitzpatrick has played forever.
    You just can't be the fourth option, of a guy with a ton of Media Attention who plays like ****, like Tebow or Jonny Manziel.
    Kaep was the fourth option.

    You wanna go and protest on the field and get a bunch of attention...go for it, but your play has to back that up.

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •