Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1009
  1. #511
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Would anyone here make the claim that we donít know if Roseanne is being blacklisted by Hollywood for TV shows because no studio has ever admitted they wonít hire her because of her political opinions?

    Or are we all just smart enough to understand the reason she doesnít have any TV show offers is because of her political opinions even if no studio admits to that being the case?

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,142
    Wait, so cancel culture is the big bad boogyman now? I always get a kick out of the people who are violently opposed to it. Why not just admit you've got a lot of stuff you've never sought forgiveness for and instead are just trying to hide?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Would anyone here make the claim that we donít know if Roseanne is being blacklisted by Hollywood for TV shows because no studio has ever admitted they wonít hire her because of her political opinions?

    Or are we all just smart enough to understand the reason she doesnít have any TV show offers is because of her political opinions even if no studio admits to that being the case?
    Good analogy. Roseanne situation was def cancel culture. I disagree with her politics, but that doesnt somehow take the cancel culture out of the equation.

    Somehow joey feels like it does..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems you wish to ascribe the criminal standard of proof (beyond a reasonable doubt). What if we used the civil standard of proof: I.e more likely than not.

    Do you think it was more likely than not that Kaepís actions were part of the reason he wasnít re-signed or do you think itís more likely than not they had absolutely nothing to do with why he wasnít re-signed?
    I believe it is more likely that it was a combination of Kaeps antics/owners not wanting to deal with the media and Kaep overvaluing his self worth that lead to him not being resigned than it is for 32 owners to not only put politics over winning but to also conspire in order to do so.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes we do. Wtf?!?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please give me one quote from an owner stating this. Iíll wait...

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Would anyone here make the claim that we donít know if Roseanne is being blacklisted by Hollywood for TV shows because no studio has ever admitted they wonít hire her because of her political opinions?

    Or are we all just smart enough to understand the reason she doesnít have any TV show offers is because of her political opinions even if no studio admits to that being the case?
    She was fired from her show. Try again.

    Itís funny because you can pull out example after example of conservatives being canceled yet you can hardly find examples of it happening to any SJW liberals outside of Kaep...

    Why is that?

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I believe it is more likely that it was a combination of Kaeps antics/owners not wanting to deal with the media and Kaep overvaluing his self worth that lead to him not being resigned than it is for 32 owners to not only put politics over winning but to also conspire in order to do so.
    This means it was cancel culture. You realize that right? If owners were afraid of signing him in part because of the reaction to his ďanticsĒ, that is being cancelled.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    She was fired from her show. Try again.

    Itís funny because you can pull out example after example of conservatives being canceled yet you can hardly find examples of it happening to any SJW liberals outside of Kaep...

    Why is that?
    And what about all the other studios after she was fired? Why didnít they hire her for a TV show? According to your logic, weíll just never know I guess...

    I can pull out many examples on the left too, just for some reason they never turn out to be cancel culture in your mind.

    Why is that?

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Please give me one quote from an owner stating this. Iíll wait...
    Why do you need a quote from an owner?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    She was fired from her show. Try again.

    Itís funny because you can pull out example after example of conservatives being canceled yet you can hardly find examples of it happening to any SJW liberals outside of Kaep...

    Why is that?
    Ok, so now again back to saying kap WAS cancelled.

    What the hell is going on...? lol

    Even special doesn't go this back and forth.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so now again back to saying kap WAS cancelled.

    What the hell is going on...? lol

    Even special doesn't go this back and forth.


    Canít believe I missed that initially. He totally just admitted Kaep was cancelled hahaha

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This means it was cancel culture. You realize that right? If owners were afraid of signing him in part because of the reaction to his ďanticsĒ, that is being cancelled.
    No. Thereís a difference between firing someone for displaying their political opinion and firing someone because their antics are creating a distraction. Both Kaep and Tebows antics did not match their ability to help a football team given the distraction it created correctly or incorrectly.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why do you need a quote from an owner?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Because thatís relevant to cancel culture.

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No. Thereís a difference between firing someone for displaying their political opinion and firing someone because their antics are creating a distraction. Both Kaep and Tebows antics did not match their ability to help a football team given the distraction it created correctly or incorrectly.
    No, thatís just you trying to find a reason to explain your hypocrisy.

    Roseanneís antics also created a distraction. And those antics did not help the studio make a TV show.

    Itís the same logic.

    Also, why do you think no other studio hired her for a TV show after she was fired?

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And what about all the other studios after she was fired? Why didnít they hire her for a TV show? According to your logic, weíll just never know I guess...

    I can pull out many examples on the left too, just for some reason they never turn out to be cancel culture in your mind.

    Why is that?
    I donít care about the other studios. Like I said, Disney apparently had a spin off show around carano. But I donít care about the what if. Thatís their business.

Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •