Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1009
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You actually didn't say that about Tebow, you said the exact opposite. Do you think Tebow pushing his views and kneeling on the field was as wrong as Kaepernick since you don't care about the politics behind it?
    Iíve said this several times already. They are one in the same. Kaep is a slightly better QB than Tebow but thatís the only difference

    Wouldnít you agree?

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No but your response to the kapernick situation does.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My response is not about me trying to silence Kaep.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, word it however you want. Disagreeing with his antics doesnt make it any more or less cancel.culture.

    Or does it?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have no desire to silence Kaep. Cancel culture is about trying to silence an opinion you disagree with.

    Like I said, Curt Schilling is eligible for the HOF. He should be in the HOF. I probably agree with him politically. Curt Schilling should not use his HOF speech to rant about Trump having the election stolen from him. If he stated he would use his HOF speech to rant about trump and the HOF decided not to grant him access because of it, this would not be cancel culture.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,544

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Believing one has the right to protest while also believing the platform is important and thereís a time and place for everything doesnít make me an SJW.

    Do you prefer busy body? It's not your platform. You don't get to decide what it is for


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you prefer busy body? It's not your platform.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isnít PSD the platform to spout our stupid opinions?

    Kaep is welcome to join and debate me.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iíve said this several times already. They are one in the same. Kaep is a slightly better QB than Tebow but thatís the only difference

    Wouldnít you agree?
    I'd agree that Kaepernick is a better QB than Tebow yes. But here is what you said about Tebow:

    No. I think the left wing media machine would make an issue of it. Just like they did with Tebow. Why is Tebow any different than Kaep? Please explain.

    Here you are vilifying the "left wing media machine" for making a big deal out of Tebow kneeling instead of blaming Tebow for doing his views while at his job.

    For Kaepernick you do not vilify the conservative media machine that made a big deal out of Kaepernick kneeling and instead blamed it on him demonstrating his views while at his job.


    Since you believe the situations are the same I'm assuming you think Tebow was just as wrong for displaying his views at his job as Kaepernick is for his, and you believe that the left wing and conservative media that blew both instances out of proportion are equally as wrong.


    But since you don't seem to believe Kaepernick's kneeling had anything to do with why he wasn't signed, why do you think Tebow got offered contracts and not Kaepernick despite acknowledging Kaepernick is the superior player?

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'd agree that Kaepernick is a better QB than Tebow yes. But here is what you said about Tebow:

    No. I think the left wing media machine would make an issue of it. Just like they did with Tebow. Why is Tebow any different than Kaep? Please explain.

    Here you are vilifying the "left wing media machine" for making a big deal out of Tebow kneeling instead of blaming Tebow for doing his views while at his job.

    For Kaepernick you do not vilify the conservative media machine that made a big deal out of Kaepernick kneeling and instead blamed it on him demonstrating his views while at his job.


    Since you believe the situations are the same I'm assuming you think Tebow was just as wrong for displaying his views at his job as Kaepernick is for his, and you believe that the left wing and conservative media that blew both instances out of proportion are equally as wrong.


    But since you don't seem to believe Kaepernick's kneeling had anything to do with why he wasn't signed, why do you think Tebow got offered contracts and not Kaepernick despite acknowledging Kaepernick is the superior player?
    I think the media, right or left wing, is to blame for a lot of the issues in our country, especially in these situations.

    Yes, Tebow is equally to blame as Kaep as ultimately is was there own decisions that caused their demise. Neither player had to put himself out there and both knew on some level that their antics irritated some people. The media obviously blew up both cases. Although, I will say while the ďright wingĒ media may have been irritated at Kaeps antics, Iím sure it was the media as a whole asking constant asking players about Kaep or kneeling which caused the distraction.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,544

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'd agree that Kaepernick is a better QB than Tebow yes. But here is what you said about Tebow:

    No. I think the left wing media machine would make an issue of it. Just like they did with Tebow. Why is Tebow any different than Kaep? Please explain.

    Here you are vilifying the "left wing media machine" for making a big deal out of Tebow kneeling instead of blaming Tebow for doing his views while at his job.

    For Kaepernick you do not vilify the conservative media machine that made a big deal out of Kaepernick kneeling and instead blamed it on him demonstrating his views while at his job.


    Since you believe the situations are the same I'm assuming you think Tebow was just as wrong for displaying his views at his job as Kaepernick is for his, and you believe that the left wing and conservative media that blew both instances out of proportion are equally as wrong.


    But since you don't seem to believe Kaepernick's kneeling had anything to do with why he wasn't signed, why do you think Tebow got offered contracts and not Kaepernick despite acknowledging Kaepernick is the superior player?
    Sorry wrong post


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-03-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    My response is not about me trying to silence Kaep.
    No you are defending those who did/extreme cancel culture.

    I guess you just support sjwís is the point then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I have no desire to silence Kaep. Cancel culture is about trying to silence an opinion you disagree with.

    Like I said, Curt Schilling is eligible for the HOF. He should be in the HOF. I probably agree with him politically. Curt Schilling should not use his HOF speech to rant about Trump having the election stolen from him. If he stated he would use his HOF speech to rant about trump and the HOF decided not to grant him access because of it, this would not be cancel culture.
    I dont know what all this means, but seems like you are saying since you disagree with kaps antics you dont see it as cancel culture.

    That's a tough sell, man

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No you are defending those who did/extreme cancel culture.

    I guess you just support sjwís is the point then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How many times do I need to say this... if Kaep was not resigned for the sole purpose of his political beliefs or even his antics, that is wrong. We donít know that to be the case though. We are speculating on Kaep.

    Gina Carano was canceled for her tweets. Itís not like Iím mad at Disney because they didnít make a new show involving her or not making her captain marvel.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know what all this means, but seems like you are saying since you disagree with kaps antics you dont see it as cancel culture.

    That's a tough sell, man

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Cause it destroys your argument...

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,729
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How many times do I need to say this... if Kaep was not resigned for the sole purpose of his political beliefs or even his antics, that is wrong. We donít know that to be the case though. We are speculating on Kaep.

    Gina Carano was canceled for her tweets. Itís not like Iím mad at Disney because they didnít make a new show involving her or not making her captain marvel.
    It seems you wish to ascribe the criminal standard of proof (beyond a reasonable doubt). What if we used the civil standard of proof: I.e more likely than not.

    Do you think it was more likely than not that Kaepís actions were part of the reason he wasnít re-signed or do you think itís more likely than not they had absolutely nothing to do with why he wasnít re-signed?

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    We donít know that to be the case though.
    Yes we do. Wtf?!?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Cause it destroys your argument...
    lol, sorry but no.

    It's a tough sell because you have made entire arguments arguing the opposite side when it's a conservative who is cancelled. It's not hard to see what's going on.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •