Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    First of all, the cages migrant kids were kept in were built and used during the Obama administration as well. And the meme was simply a direct comparison to Trump supporters and Nazis/confederates

Tell me again how Iím using talking points though.... youíre a joke.
    Your last 3 words are putting it kindly.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So could Kaepernick kneeling. Many understood it was protesting racial inequality and police violence in the US, some thought it was to disrespect the US Flag.

You really consider Kaepernick kneeling to be equivalent to a Nazi flag?

I wish you felt as strongly against actual Nazi flags as you do being against Kaepernick for kneeling because you think itís like a Nazi flag.
    I consider Kaep kneeling in protest (for any cause) a distraction. As I would consider a confederate flag a distraction.

If any player protested, in any fashion, during a game, Iíd think it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think so. I think the fact that he did what he did in order to being attention to racial equality has a lot to do with why I support him. I think it is very central in this whole conversation yet those who oppose him always try dismissing it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    As a 49ers fan I didn't care at all that he kneeled I cared that he wasn't getting better and seemed more interested in protesting than in getting better at football. He lost his spot with the 49ers because of football not because of his protest. He didn't get another job because of his protest and because of his football skills ... he's just not good enough for someone to want the circus around there team ... that's cancel culture.

I consider Kaep kneeling in protest (for any cause) a distraction. As I would consider a confederate flag a distraction.

Well his own boss didnít have a problem with it. But Trump demanded he be fired. You think Trump and the ďmobď should be able to pressure organizations to fire someone for something they deem inappropriate even if the employer does not?

He didn't protest during games. It became a distraction because the media hyped it up to the point Kap became a distraction away from the field, not on it, and his performance on the field just wasn't good enough for teams to want to buy in.

Well his own boss didnít have a problem with it. But Trump demanded he be fired. You think Trump and the ďmobď should be able to pressure organizations to fire someone for something they deem inappropriate even if the employer does not?
    No I donít. Which side does it more though?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He didn't protest during games. It became a distraction because the media hyped it up to the point Kap became a distraction away from the field, not on it, and his performance on the field just wasn't good enough for teams to want to buy in.
    So the media is the bad guy. He protested during what was a team event. Heís there to represent the team.

No I donít. Which side does it more though?
    I would say progressives do it more currently. But I donít see you pushing back on ďyour sideĒ whenever they do it. If I recall most of the conservatives on this site were all about cancel culture and getting Kaepernick fired.

I think what happened to Carano was wrong, she didnít deserve to be fired for those comments. I also think that employee in the company truck shouldnít have been fired.

So the media is the bad guy. He protested during what was a team event. Heís there to represent the team.
    Sounds like it was everybodyís fault except the cancel culture mob who made a big deal out of it and wanted him fired.

Then don't watch but stop making a scene about it. You are cancel culture. You are what you hate bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I would say progressives do it more currently. But I donít see you pushing back on ďyour sideĒ whenever they do it. If I recall most of the conservatives on this site were all about cancel culture and getting Kaepernick fired.

I think what happened to Carano was wrong, she didnít deserve to be fired for those comments. I also think that employee in the company truck shouldnít have been fired.
    In one of my first posts in this thread I talked about how cancel culture reminds me of the religious right back during the 80s/90s.

Wokeism (if thatís a word) is the new Christianity. I probably share similar political ideals with people on the religious right. They were wrong and so is cancel culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Then don't watch but stop making a scene about it. You are cancel culture. You are what you hate bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I stated before, peoples politics donít bother me at all. I can think someone is wrong and respect their right to be wrong.

As I stated before, peoples politics donít bother me at all. I can think someone is wrong and respect their right to be wrong.
    You mean like Kaepernick? Do you agree that Trump and everyone demanding he be fired or demanding he Stand were wrong and cancel culture?

It's the consumers and the media and the league. The entertainment business is the most susceptible to cancel culture.

First of all, the cages migrant kids were kept in were built and used during the Obama administration as well. And the meme was simply a direct comparison to Trump supporters and Nazis/confederates

Tell me again how Iím using talking points though.... youíre a joke.
    No **** the cages were also there during the Obama administration. That's been discussed on this board countless times over the last few years or so. The point is that maybe those kids shouldn't be in cages regardless of who started them, and only a disingenuous hack like yourself would say that message is on equal footing with the nonsense Carano had been spouting for an entire year.

So yes, you're either latching on to nonsensical right wing talking points or your brain isn't operating properly.

....and if your second to last sentence is referring to the meme Pascal shared, you're even more full of **** than I initially realized, as there is no mention of Trump or his supporters.

Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast