Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    A company has the right to reprimand or fire an employee for their actions while at work. Not their actions while at home.

Letís say your boss lived in the apartment above you. If your boss was an ahole and you told him as such while at work, you can expect to be reprimanded if not fired. Now letís say you called your boss an ahole while complaining to your wife at home and the boss overhears you. Should you expect to be fired or reprimanded?

Thatís the difference in cancel culture.
    lol, no its not! [emoji23]

Cancel culture has nothing to do with saying something while on the job vs not.

Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Itís not changing any definition.

If I go into an office and start coughing on people without a mask, would Iíd be fired? Your answer here should be obvious.

But if I tell my friends covid is no big deal, my employer shouldnít fire me for it.
    Way to make a point about nothing.

A company has the right to reprimand or fire an employee for their actions while at work. Not their actions while at home.

Letís say your boss lived in the apartment above you. If your boss was an ahole and you told him as such while at work, you can expect to be reprimanded if not fired. Now letís say you called your boss an ahole while complaining to your wife at home and the boss overhears you. Should you expect to be fired or reprimanded?

Thatís the difference in cancel culture.
    Well thatís a bad comparison because your boss was an a-hole in the privacy of their own home and you told your wife while in the privacy of your own home.

These people arenít telling their wife in the privacy of their own home, they are sending it out to the public sphere via social media.

But letís use your example. If your boss above you was being an a-hole and you tweeted out what an a-hole they are, should you expect to be fired or reprimanded?

Yes, you should. Thatís the difference and why it is also cancel culture as long as its being said in the public domain.

Itís not changing any definition.

If I go into an office and start coughing on people without a mask, would Iíd be fired? Your answer here should be obvious.

But if I tell my friends covid is no big deal, my employer shouldnít fire me for it.
    Funny enough there were nurses who posted videos of them not wearing masks (not at work) and they were fired. I take it you think that was wrong?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...-2020-12%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The bolded is quite obvious on many subjects, sarcasm aside.

I don't know maybe the fact that the NFL gave Kaepernick millions of dollars to settle his collusion grievance and that no NFL team has offered him a contract since he kneeled?

I'll wait till you show me the other offers from NFL teams for Kaepernick to play.
    1) Yes in your eyes and folks like you I am sure it's true.
    2) Yes that is the only reason to give money

Once again you've shown how much of a time waster you are for me.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Bill Maher on cancel culture

Iím not saying anything regarding his actions other than they caused a distraction with the media coverage and most teams do not like extra media coverage.
    You've brought up the fact that he was at work when he did what he did and how his employer has a right not want him using that platform about 10 times. When conforted with the fact that his employer supported him you assumed his was lying. Now you are saying sometimes totally different. You aren't saying anything other than I have a bias
    Last edited by ewing; 03-02-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Iím saying sometimes the companies are justified in their actions and sometimes they are not.
    Which is irrelevant to the cancel culture lol.

Companies reaction to cancel culture will vary. I donít think anyone has argued differently and the specifics will matter in how easy it is to let go etc so thatís to be expected.

It still isnít getting to the problem being pointed out, the pressure from those trying to cancel to take said actions. If the company fires or suspends or doesnít rehire can all be examples of cancel culture. With kap it was the potus and millions of people calling for boycotts etc to pressure the company into action. For the guy in the car itís everyone calling in to complain about him due to the out of context photo. Sure companies may be justified in their actions in response but it doesnít change the ridiculous cancel culture making it into a problem in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 03-02-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

The irony in this statement because all you do is waste every other posters time with frivolous attempts at witty one liners and mental gymnastics. Let's not forget, making statements you have no evidence to back up besides the fact that you're smarter than everyone here. .

As for the rest of what you posted, yeah I didn't expect you to show me an offer that Kaepernick received post kneeling because there is none. Not to mention, settling a collusion grievance for millions of dollars kind of speaks for itself.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-02-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

Another patently ridiculous post. You are somewhere between a time waster and unintentional comic relief for basically everyone on this site fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(tone) View Post
    another patently ridiculous post. You are somewhere between a time waster and unintentional comic relief for basically everyone on this site fwiw.
    qft.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well thatís a bad comparison because your boss was an a-hole in the privacy of their own home and you told your wife while in the privacy of your own home.

These people arenít telling their wife in the privacy of their own home, they are sending it out to the public sphere via social media.

But letís use your example. If your boss above you was being an a-hole and you tweeted out what an a-hole they are, should you expect to be fired or reprimanded?

Yes, you should. Thatís the difference and why it is also cancel culture as long as its being said in the public domain.
    I think that goes to the mindset of how people view their social media. Correctly or incorrectly, most people view it as their private thoughts being displayed to their friends. Perhaps because itís relatively new. Personally, Iíd suggest any public figure to stay off of it or allow a PR person to run it.

However, in the case of Carano, we have her saying something someone on the left could deem controversial. But Pedro Pascale made similar ďinsensitiveĒ tweets about the right and nothing was done. This is a double standard and the definition of ďcancel culture.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You've brought up the fact that he was at work when he did what he did and how his employer has a right not want him using that platform about 10 times. You aren't saying anything other than I have a bias
    Iím saying a football team typically do not like media distractions of any kind. How is this even debatable?

I think that goes to the mindset of how people view their social media. Correctly or incorrectly, most people view it as their private thoughts being displayed to their friends. Perhaps because itís relatively new. Personally, Iíd suggest any public figure to stay off of it or allow a PR person to run it.

However, in the case of Carano, we have her saying something someone on the left could deem controversial. But Pedro Pascale made similar ďinsensitiveĒ tweets about the right and nothing was done. This is a double standard and the definition of ďcancel culture.Ē
    No he didn't. Disney cutting ties with Carano is in no way a double standard. Good to see you regurgitating those right wing talking points though.

Iím saying a football team typically do not like media distractions of any kind. How is this even debatable?
    The media distraction was the result of cry baby nannys like yourself complaining about that he shouldnt be doing this at work etc.

Now feel free to pivot back to the employer lying when he said he didn't have an issue with it or maybe you could tell us about how it was a scam and he didn't even want to play football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-02-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

does this also pertain to the duck dynasty situation?

Last edited by nastynice; 03-02-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast