Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because employers only care about production. That seems fairly basic to me.
    Employers get to choose what they care about. Mind your business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    not sure I agree with that.....what you do while in a company vehicle represents the company...if what you're doing puts the company in a bad light, they'd have every right to punish you how they see fit....it's not that they didn't CARE before, they weren't AWARE before...and of course, we don't actually know their policies
    So that means the guy who did the hand sign in the company car was OK to be fired?

I think his firing was cancel culture and the most egregious outcome of all the ones we've debated. But everyone here seems to think that was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So that means the guy who did the hand sign in the company car was OK to be fired?

I think his firing was cancel culture and the most egregious outcome of all the ones we've debated. But everyone here seems to think that was OK.
    Not everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Who are you to say what can and cant be said on Duck Dynasty?

ďHey, I'm like Aretha Franklin, I don't get no R -S -P -E -C -T around here!Ē
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

For your family's sake, I hope you don't sing Aretha around the house.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Not everyone

Certainly not me. I can differentiate between doing something while representing your company and what you do in the privacy of your own home. However, this guy did nothing wrong as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    For your family's sake, I hope you don't sing Aretha around the house.
    not like Aretha, but I was a semi-professional singer back in the day

I wasn't suggesting his firing was OK, I was simply saying that while you're on/in company property you're representing your company.

9. 03-01-2021, 08:09 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The duck dynasty guy didnít protest gay marriage during episodes of his show. If he did, that would be wrong.

Kaeps antics made him a distraction. It wasnít his cause that didnít get him resigned. It was his antics.
    Exactly. I donít get why this is so hard

If Kaep would have kneeled outside of the football field he wouldnít have been canceled but he did that on his own on his employerís time

Bill Maher on cancel culture

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Exactly. I donít get why this is so hard

If Kaep would have kneeled outside of the football field he wouldnít have been canceled but he did that on his own on his employerís time

His employer didn't care. So why would that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am tired of hearing the contradictory or hypocritical nature of actions without really examining the issues behind them though. Why are we comparing what Lindell did to what Kaepernick did like they are fighting for things of similar importance?

Lindell is a fool and a Trump sycophant. Kaepernick is a guy who wants change for his race and other minorities. Sure, he may not the most altruistic motives either (I'm not saying that he does or he doesnt) but that doesn't diminish what he kneeled for.
    In other words it only matters based on your own viewpoint

Cool. Way to show how much of a hack you are

I'm assuming you meant Tebow for one of those. But this actually hurts your argument. If you think they are equally talented, then explain how Tebow continued to be signed after taking a knee where as Kaepernick didn't?

Both the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles both signed Tebow after he took a knee.
    Yes I mean lt tebow for the latter. Tebow was given opportunities to play in preseason. He wasnít signed to a contract though. As I recall, Kaep was given a ďpro dayĒ that most free agents donít get. He didnít attend. There is nothing to suggest Kaep would be willing to come in to ďtry outĒ in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wasn't suggesting his firing was OK, I was simply saying that while you're on/in company property you're representing your company.
    Do you think he should have been fired?

Who are you to say what can and cant be said on Duck Dynasty?

Iím not saying what can or canít be said on duck dynasty. Iím saying what was or wasnít said. Thereís the difference

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Kap wasnít fired for that, itís wasnít against the rules, he had his owners support etc

The guy who made the hand gesture was in a company car. So because itís a company car thatís ok, he shouldnít have been doing it? Lol no itís still cancel culture. The reason the company even cares is because someone posted the picture without context and people complained. Neither of them broke any clear rule and both were cancelled by the public leading to loss of job. That it was done in a company car or whatever doesnít negate the cancel culture

I donít know the story of the guy in the company car.

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast