Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is factually inaccurate. The incident youíre referring to was a trade between the 49ers and Broncos prior to him kneeling. During the FA after he knelt he did not demand starters money or a starting position.
    I love John Elway, but he was never going to sign Colin Kaepernick. He is probably one of the most transparently political actors.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Your last sentence in your first paragraph is the reason it wasnít cancel culture. If the NFL were going to cancel people for kneeling, Iím sure others would have been canceled as well.

Kaep didnít want to keep playing football. He made this known to his agent, who utilized the blowback from kneeling to gain his client wages which he would have never earned otherwise. Please show me one nfl owner who said Kaep wonít have a job because of kneeling? Thatís the difference between Kaep and Carano. We can think/believe thereís some sort of back room nfl owner boycott of Kaep but Iíd say other players were given a chance. Michael Vick killed dogs. We he did was 1000 times worse than Kaep. He was given another chance though. That Ravens RB (canít remember his name) punched his wife. Never played again. Do we see the difference? We know Carano was fired because of some tweets Disney didnít agree with. Thatís the difference.
    There's no way an owner would admit it was the kneeling that kept them from signing Kaep even if that absolutely was the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    There's no way an owner would admit it was the kneeling that kept them from signing Kaep even if that absolutely was the case though.
    But thatís the difference between Kaep and cancel culture. An owner wonít admit that because either way, itís going to irritate people. Disney states someone is fired because.... and we just accept it.

wasn't Terrell Owens also a headcase, yet he kept getting signed because he was good. Kaepernick wasn't good enough to help teams win, or he would have been signed.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    wasn't Terrell Owens also a headcase, yet he kept getting signed because he was good. Kaepernick wasn't good enough to help teams win, or he would have been signed.
    Terrell Owens never took controversial political stances. That's the stark difference.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-01-2021 at 03:32 PM.

He was given a tryout years later and didnít show up. He maintained his position in wanting to be a starter. Most teams no longer viewed him as such. He never stated he was willing to be a back up and take back up money. Many athletes choose this path.
    So if Disney offers Carano an acting job years later what Disney did will have been OK? If Disney didn't say the reason they fired Carano was because of her tweets then you'd totally support Disney's decision and claim those saying she was fired for her tweets is speculation?

I doubt it.

But thatís the difference between Kaep and cancel culture. An owner wonít admit that because either way, itís going to irritate people. Disney states someone is fired because.... and we just accept it.
    So from now on you would support people getting cancelled so long as the company does not say the reason they are getting fired?

Your last sentence in your first paragraph is the reason it wasnít cancel culture. If the NFL were going to cancel people for kneeling, Iím sure others would have been canceled as well.

Kaep didnít want to keep playing football. He made this known to his agent, who utilized the blowback from kneeling to gain his client wages which he would have never earned otherwise. Please show me one nfl owner who said Kaep wonít have a job because of kneeling? Thatís the difference between Kaep and Carano. We can think/believe thereís some sort of back room nfl owner boycott of Kaep but Iíd say other players were given a chance. Michael Vick killed dogs. We he did was 1000 times worse than Kaep. He was given another chance though. That Ravens RB (canít remember his name) punched his wife. Never played again. Do we see the difference? We know Carano was fired because of some tweets Disney didnít agree with. Thatís the difference.
    Yes an elaborate ploy. I was impressed when he recruited the President and VP to participate in this scam.

We also didnít land on the moon

Anyway I actually donít blame NFL owners for not signing Kap but he would of had a job if it wasnít for cry baby conservatives. They created a situation where employing Kap would have created a media fenzy no team wanted to deal with.

The media an extra level of annoyance sports teams have to deal with when something like this happens. Companies and TV networks donít have the mics in every employees face after every game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes an elaborate ploy. I was impressed when he recruited the President and VP to participate in this scam.

Anyway I actually donít blame NFL owners for not signing Kap but he would of had a job if it wasnít for cry baby conservatives. They created a situation where employing Kap would have created a media fenzy no team wanted to deal with.

The media an extra level of annoyance sports teams have to deal with when something like this happens. Companies and TV networks donít have the mics in every employees face after every game.

The funny thing is that if Kaepernick got fired for being an outspoken conservative, the conservatives would have started up their own football league just to allow him to keep playing and that league would have been a national platform comparable to the NFL.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Not being good enough to be on a team and not being good enough to be in a team on while bringing distraction bc bunch of busy bodied conservatives are different things

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So if Disney offers Carano an acting job years later what Disney did will have been OK? If Disney didn't say the reason they fired Carano was because of her tweets then you'd totally support Disney's decision and claim those saying she was fired for her tweets is speculation?

I doubt it.
    If an NFL owner said ďwe wonít sign Kaep or we released Kaep because we disagree with his politics,Ē Iíd say that was wrong. But no one has said that. Itís speculation.

Disney fired her only because they disagreed with her tweets. If prior to every episode of the Mandolorean, Gina Carano came out on the screen and kneeled in support of Trump, Iíd think she was wrong as well. Furthermore, Kaep wasnít released, he just wasnít resigned. This would be like me being upset because Disney didnít sign Carano to be Captain Marvel. Are the MCU black balling her as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

I agree with this. As I stated before, his talent or production didnít outweigh that media distraction. It was the exact same thing for Tebow.

Do you think if Patrick Maholmes or Tom Brady started kneeling they wouldnít get a new contract?

If an NFL owner said ďwe wonít sign Kaep or we released Kaep because we disagree with his politics,Ē Iíd say that was wrong. But no one has said that. Itís speculation.

Disney fired her only because they disagreed with her tweets. If prior to every episode of the Mandolorean, Gina Carano came out on the screen and kneeled in support of Trump, Iíd think she was wrong as well. Furthermore, Kaep wasnít released, he just wasnít resigned. This would be like me being upset because Disney didnít sign Carano to be Captain Marvel. Are the MCU black balling her as well?
    Same thing.

So if Disney had not re-signed Carano's Mandalorian contract after the tweets and gave no reason for why they didn't re-sign her, would you defend their decision and claim we don't know if the tweets had anything to do with it?

I doubt it.

I agree with this. As I stated before, his talent or production didnít outweigh that media distraction. It was the exact same thing for Tebow.

Do you think if Patrick Maholmes or Tom Brady started kneeling they wouldnít get a new contract?
    And Carano. Her talent wasn't worth the media distraction.

You realize this is a justification for every company that gets rid of someone because of cancel culture right? They are not worth the distraction.

Thatís not true, other players were not cancelled in the same way isnít proof that kap wasnt. There are very obvious differences we can get into if needed, the major one being the public canceling one individual just like the teams. Even the potus was pushing to cancel him and it seemingly had an impact.

You are making the rest up. Itís been shown by multiple people how it played out this is more excuses. As I said this is what people do to try and excuse cancel culture. By all accounts he did want the opportunity to play but no teams gave an offer. This is because of cancel culture around him as covered and it no longer ďbeing worth itĒ. Doesnít matter if itís the guy in a company car or kap itís the cancel culture that was the issue here

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast