Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Not in the discussion of cancel culture. Cancel culture isnít about if a company has a right to take action it is about the whiners trying to force action/complaining etc to make that person ďnot worth itĒ in their eyes.

Tons of examples of cancel culture involve the company acting many different ways. Itís not about the companies rights itís about those trying to get the person cancelled (such as getting fired or not rehired or whatever it may be)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím saying sometimes the companies are justified in their actions and sometimes they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I hate the Yankees with a passion. They actively kill baseball. They kill baseball because they want no salary cap so they can outspend their opponents.

If anyone favors a team like the Yankees, itís you. You want the players to get higher salaries. The sport doesnít matter to you. Iím saying the sport should matter.
    Lol wut

Iím saying sometimes the companies are justified in their actions and sometimes they are not.
    Like for example anytime it's a conservative being silenced it's wrong but anytime it's a Liberal it's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You seriously need to know what the word "fact" means.
    Look who's talking....

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If we can never know for sure how are you so confident the answer is yes?

Here is a report saying the exact opposite of your claim:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profoot...-per-year/amp/
    It's kinda like how he was so open minded about AOC....aka complete BS.

I followed sports way too closely.
    I guess you're simply not good at retaining info.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    After seeing this, I'm starting to think we need to cancel some culture...this is beyond parody.

https://twitter.com/SparKLeShiNes/st...63515246305280
    No idea who either of these people are.

You seriously need to know what the word "fact" means.
    I'm a lot more familiar with them than you are. Valade and myself have already disputed whatever misinformation you are leaving here. For someone who follows sports so closely, where is your proof that another NFL team was going to sign Kaepernick after the kneeling?

It absolutely does matter whether actions are done at work or not. You can support BLM or any cause for that matter. You can go to protests. You can even riot and loot. But if you do those things while at work, especially the latter, you are subject to reprimanding if not termination from the company. This is not cancel culture.
    Yes it is cancel culture. Stop trying to change definitions to.fit your weak argument, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I followed sports way too closely.
    lol, then you know kap was blacklisted.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm a lot more familiar with them than you are. Valade and myself have already disputed whatever misinformation you are leaving here. For someone who follows sports so closely, where is your proof that another NFL team was going to sign Kaepernick after the kneeling?
    Yes, you know more than me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

What's your proof that he was blackballed?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Yes, you know more than me. Whatever you need to tell yourself.

What's your proof that he was blackballed?
    The bolded is quite obvious on many subjects, sarcasm aside.

I don't know maybe the fact that the NFL gave Kaepernick millions of dollars to settle his collusion grievance and that no NFL team has offered him a contract since he kneeled?

I'll wait till you show me the other offers from NFL teams for Kaepernick to play.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-02-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Like for example anytime it's a conservative being silenced it's wrong but anytime it's a Liberal it's OK?
    A company has the right to reprimand or fire an employee for their actions while at work. Not their actions while at home.

Letís say your boss lived in the apartment above you. If your boss was an ahole and you told him as such while at work, you can expect to be reprimanded if not fired. Now letís say you called your boss an ahole while complaining to your wife at home and the boss overhears you. Should you expect to be fired or reprimanded?

Thatís the difference in cancel culture.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes it is cancel culture. Stop trying to change definitions to.fit your weak argument, lol.

Itís not changing any definition.

If I go into an office and start coughing on people without a mask, would Iíd be fired? Your answer here should be obvious.

But if I tell my friends covid is no big deal, my employer shouldnít fire me for it.

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast