Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree on his talent, but if you disagree with cancelling people for what they say or their political opinions I don’t see how their ability factors into the decision making process from a personal standpoint.

Are you saying you are OK with cancel culture if someone is untalented at their job?
    The point is that Kapernick did not have the talent to play in the NFL anymore. Why would someone waste a roster spot on someone like him if they knew he wasn't good enough to contribute in a competitive way? The NFL is a very, very competitive business. If someone doesn't have the ability to play at a high level anymore, they are done. If someone cannot do the job they are hired to do, removing them from payroll is not cancelling them. It is a good business practice. There are not many businesses that can carry someone just because they used to be able to do something.
    Kapernick was not canceled by the NFL. He washed out.
    Last edited by catman; 02-28-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Well the ability to fire employees at will is another issue and problem of its own. If I had my way the employer would have to prove this guy was actually attempting to do something nefarious here or be displaying enough of a pattern of behavior here to reasonably suspect what he was doing was a problem here.

They shouldn’t just be firing employees because a woke subset of people are projecting his intentions to that of an extreme alt right subset when the most likely scenario is that it was a benign action (ie see AOC getting absurd flak for doing the same thing in some of her videos).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What would be your alternative to at will employment?
    If I lose trust in an employee, it's not beneficial for either of us for them to be around.
    You're not always going to have something 'nefarious' to be able to justify a firing.

But in this case you're talking about an employee in a company vehicle....off duty or not, he's representing the company if he's in a company vehicle.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Backup qb isn’t worth all the drama and chaos he would bring that simple
    I agree that from the NFLs perspective that is the case. But from your perspective, being against cancel culture, shouldn’t you also be upset he was cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The point is that Kapernick did not have the talent to play in the NFL anymore. Why would someone waste a roster spot on someone like him if they knew he wasn't good enough to contribute in a competitive way? The NFL is a very, very competitive business. If someone doesn't have the ability to play at a high level anymore, they are done. If someone cannot do the job they are hired to do, removing them from payroll is not cancelling them. It is a good business practice. There are not many businesses that can carry someone just because they used to be able to do something.
    Kapernick was not canceled by the NFL. He washed out.
    Wait, so you’re saying that had Kaepernick never kneeled he would still have not been on a team? He still would have had zero interest in FA?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yup. The company felt it was easier probably firing him than having to deal with the massive headaches from it from people complaining/boycotting etc
    So how is that any different than the company feeling it was easier to fire the man who got “caught” using a white supremacy sign in the company truck rather than deal with the subsequent backlash?

Wait, so you’re saying that had Kaepernick never kneeled he would still have not been on a team? He still would have had zero interest in FA?
    Am I remembering wrong, or didn't it appear at the time that Denver had serious interest in him and he walked away? At the time, the rumors were he wanted starter money and nobody was going to give him that...kneeling or not. Of course, we'll never actually know what was true and what wasn't, but I never did view him as being remotely a top QB
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just want to make sure we’re talking about the dude who got his team to the Super Bowl after taking over for Alex Smith? On a sports forum, I would expect you to know a bit more about the topic. Dude ain’t a backup. After having been out of the league for years, I would bet he would run circles around half the starting QBs.
    If by 'run circles around' you literally mean run circles around, I agree.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Am I remembering wrong, or didn't it appear at the time that Denver had serious interest in him and he walked away? At the time, the rumors were he wanted starter money and nobody was going to give him that...kneeling or not. Of course, we'll never actually know what was true and what wasn't, but I never did view him as being remotely a top QB
    Actually, Denver tried to trade for Kaepernick prior to his protesting while Kaepernick was a starter and thus would feel justified in demanding starters money:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...denver-broncos

He then used that failed pursuit to justify not going after Kaepernick later while he was a FA and no longer had the same contract demands.

I really don't know. I'm not a GM of an NFL team. He simply is not good enough to worry about now. It is possible that he might have gotten a look, but not likely to be a starter. Again, I don't really know. Ask an NFL GM about that.

The point is that Kapernick did not have the talent to play in the NFL anymore.
    He CLEARLY did. He was CLEARLY better than numerous back ups, and teams were struggling due to bad back ups, that's why it was so obvious he was blacklisted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I agree that from the NFLs perspective that is the case. But from your perspective, being against cancel culture, shouldn’t you also be upset he was cancelled?
    Even the NFL knows that they made the wrong call in engaging in their cancel culture.

https://www.nfl.com/news/roger-goode...regarding-why-
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He CLEARLY did. He was CLEARLY better than numerous back ups, and teams were struggling due to bad back ups, that's why it was so obvious he was blacklisted.

Would you have signed him, knowing that he wanted starter money? Not sure I would have, but I'm not a GM. I cannot speak for what happened several years ago in the NFL. I know that today, he is not talented enough to play for any team in any capacity.

Would you have signed him, knowing that he wanted starter money? Not sure I would have, but I'm not a GM. I cannot speak for what happened several years ago in the NFL. I know that today, he is not talented enough to play for any team in any capacity.
    I dont know either, but I remember it was visually obvious no one in the league wanted anything to do with him. He was straight up cancelled.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    You’re good with kindergarten teachers having their six year old students participate in their social justice causes they have no concept of? No matter if they’re right or wrong? You’re ok with having 8-9 year olds “deconstruct” their genders, sexualities, and racial identities they also have no concept of?

I mean I’m all for crushing the innocence of our kids but that should be up to the parents when they’re that young. These are complex topics that higher education and society struggle with.
    Don’t worry Megyn Kelly will teach them how Jesus is white and so is Santa and all her ****ing racist views, I am sure she will put black face in them for Halloween because it’s ok in her view.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Don’t worry Megyn Kelly will teach them how Jesus is white and so is Santa and all her ****ing racist views, I am sure she will put black face in them for Halloween because it’s ok in her view.
    Shake my ****ing head! It's honestly sad that this is your take.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast