Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That doesn't negate the cancel culture that pressured the company into firing this guy over the incident in the article though, which is the real issue with the story. He was fired because a bunch of people called in complaining about him to get him cancelled off a clip with 0 context from the sounds of it. That is the real problem/argument here is with the cancel culture in the story not that it was a company car (which made it easier for the company to take action quickly, sure).
    Yup. The company felt it was easier probably firing him than having to deal with the massive headaches from it from people complaining/boycotting etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yup. The company felt it was easier probably firing him than having to deal with the massive headaches from it from people complaining/boycotting etc

So exactly how youíre characterizing the Kap situation lol

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't know a thing about this scenario other than what you mentioned. If you have more to share, please do.
    But ur still commenting on it anyway?

Google, derp!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Backup qb isnít worth all the drama and chaos he would bring that simple

So you support cancel culture?

Or only in Kaepernick's case?

You're kinda jumping back and forth, I thought you opposed cancel culture..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So you support this? You support the company firing him so as not to deal with the drama it brings?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Isn't that how it works? That driver lost his job bc of a bunch of loud mouths virtue signaling on Twitter. That's what created the choas. Isn't this the same? Kapís actions didn't do much of anything. It was the reaction

The truck situation sounds like they took someone who took a relatively normal gesture that has been taken on by the alt right and projected that extreme action on to him in a situation where an okay gesture is completely normal. Thatís pretty extreme cancel culture right there in my opinion.

Part of the worst part of cancel culture I think usually stems from twisting of past or present events to distort what has happened through their own extreme lens and only their lens is the correct view when it is often times much more ambiguous or much less malevolent.

With Kaep I think the situation is a little more nuanced because he was knowingly protesting as an employee to take advantage of their platform that wasnít meant for that. So I do see how can have sort of opened himself up there as opposed to where if he was doing it on his own platform and time.

I agree his actions didnít do much of anything and the people complained are definitely employing the same stupid cancel culture mindset because it wasnít a big deal (aside from the sock thing which was pretty dumb and bad).

Thatís where Iím a little hesitant is from the employee/employer relationship perspective because knowingly protested with their platform. That being said they are also arguably responsible for involving the anthem in the first place where it doesnít belong which could arguably say they broke the barrier first.

But yes the situation is still mostly cancel culture bs.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    But ur still commenting on it anyway?

Google, derp!!

Ahh....whittle nasty boi is still upset with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What's stupid about it? The point isn't that he shouldn't have been for this bc he did it in his own car. It's that he shouldn't have been fired for this

A company choosing to fire someone for giving them a bad public image is totally an appropriate fireable offense.

Iíll add to this: none of us know the details from his employerís side. Thereís likely much more to be learned that we wonít, and everyone rooted in their side will stick to that.

I donít see how we canít all agree that racism is bad and cancel culture can go too far sometimes.
    Last edited by debo; 02-27-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Backup qb isnít worth all the drama and chaos he would bring that simple

Just want to make sure weíre talking about the dude who got his team to the Super Bowl after taking over for Alex Smith? On a sports forum, I would expect you to know a bit more about the topic. Dude ainít a backup. After having been out of the league for years, I would bet he would run circles around half the starting QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    A company choosing to fire someone for giving them a bad public image is totally an appropriate fireable offense.

Iíll add to this: none of us know the details from his employerís side. Thereís likely much more to be learned that we wonít, and everyone rooted in their side will stick to that.

I donít see how we canít all agree that racism is bad and cancel culture can go too far sometimes.
    Well the ability to fire employees at will is another issue and problem of its own. If I had my way the employer would have to prove this guy was actually attempting to do something nefarious here or be displaying enough of a pattern of behavior here to reasonably suspect what he was doing was a problem here.

They shouldnít just be firing employees because a woke subset of people are projecting his intentions to that of an extreme alt right subset when the most likely scenario is that it was a benign action (ie see AOC getting absurd flak for doing the same thing in some of her videos).

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just want to make sure weíre talking about the dude who got his team to the Super Bowl after taking over for Alex Smith? On a sports forum, I would expect you to know a bit more about the topic. Dude ainít a backup. After having been out of the league for years, I would bet he would run circles around half the starting QBs.
    Lol he got benched for Blaine Gabbert. The league kinda caught up to him and his inability to read defenses. Saying heíd run circles around half the starting qbís is a very bold statement.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post

This is a clear example of it going to far is the point... You are seemingly defending an example of cancel culture going too far by pointing at minor details like the car was company owned/saying none of us know. He was fired due to cancel culture as far as pretty much all signs can point to despite no clear reasoning presented it was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Lol he got benched for Blaine Gabbert. The league kinda caught up to him and his inability to read defenses. Saying heíd run circles around half the starting qbís is a very bold statement.

Lol and he says on a sports forum I would expect you to know more about the topic too...

There is a very small chance he could come in and be a top 20 QB, even top 25 is unlikely at this point let alone running circles around all but 16. The far more likely scenario is he is backup level at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I literally came here to make a thread on the exact topic so thank you for doing it Brewers.

Please for the love of God, if we just unite around one thing, can we unite around this? We know where it started, who started it, but like Bill said, 80% of people know it's ********. It needs a massive pushback, it just can't be from the right. People on the left need to push back against this too.

And can I add Woke Culture to it too? Watch the interview he did with Megyn Kelly in the same episode where she talks about pulling her kids from a private school in New York for Woke education. It's insane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pabbzNjZ2s

If this is the new norm, I'll vote for Trump or whoever takes a stand over this all day, any day.
    Poor rich Megan Kelly kids, I have a tiny ****ing violin for them and her racist ****ing babie ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Poor rich Megan Kelly kids, I have a tiny ****ing violin for them and her racist ****ing babie ***.
    Youíre good with kindergarten teachers having their six year old students participate in their social justice causes they have no concept of? No matter if theyíre right or wrong? Youíre ok with having 8-9 year olds ďdeconstructĒ their genders, sexualities, and racial identities they also have no concept of?

I mean Iím all for crushing the innocence of our kids but that should be up to the parents when theyíre that young. These are complex topics that higher education and society struggle with.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast