Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 876
  1. #286
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,488
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But thatís the difference between Kaep and cancel culture. An owner wonít admit that because either way, itís going to irritate people. Disney states someone is fired because.... and we just accept it.
    Cancel culture isnít solely about if someone gets fired from their job or not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,566
    I am not surprised Bill Maher is championing this. Comedians suffer from "cancel culture' more so than most. Andrew Dice Clay and Lenny Bruce come off the top of my head. I will add the Dixie Chicks for political reasons. I won't add native Americans, and other minorities as well as women to avoid getting long-winded. I just find it funny that it is now a big thing when white males face this problem, but none of them voice a contrary opinion when it happens to others.
    Last edited by WES445; 03-01-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Same thing.

    So if Disney had not re-signed Carano's Mandalorian contract after the tweets and gave no reason for why they didn't re-sign her, would you defend their decision and claim we don't know if the tweets had anything to do with it?

    I doubt it.
    I wouldnít know their decision was political at all. Networks donít rehire stars all the time. They cancel shows without saying anything. You can disagree based on someoneís talent. You can tell me you think Kaep is one of the best QBs ever. I disagree.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,054
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If an NFL owner said ďwe wonít sign Kaep or we released Kaep because we disagree with his politics,Ē Iíd say that was wrong. But no one has said that. Itís speculation.
    But that's exactly what happened.

    Actions speak louder than words.

    Why are you fighting this?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #290
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    But thatís the difference between Kaep and cancel culture. An owner wonít admit that because either way, itís going to irritate people. Disney states someone is fired because.... and we just accept it.
    What? There are swaths of people that are absolutely not "just accepting" the firing of Carano.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Cancel culture isnít solely about if someone gets fired from their job or not.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cancel culture is about silencing opinions you may disagree with and firing someone is a prime way to do that.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    wasn't Terrell Owens also a headcase, yet he kept getting signed because he was good. Kaepernick wasn't good enough to help teams win, or he would have been signed.
    Well if you say so.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So from now on you would support people getting cancelled so long as the company does not say the reason they are getting fired?
    Yeah....strange argument to say the least.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The funny thing is that if Kaepernick got fired for being an outspoken conservative, the conservatives would have started up their own football league just to allow him to keep playing and that league would have been a national platform comparable to the NFL.
    Doubtful.

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,054
    It's a little bizarre how some people in here all claiming the kap situation isnt cancel culture even tho what happened is the literal definition of cancel culture.

    Why is this? Is it so you can say you oppose cancel culture while supporting Kaepernick being blacklisted?

    But if you support him being black listed, then why act like you oppose cancel culture?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #296
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If an NFL owner said ďwe wonít sign Kaep or we released Kaep because we disagree with his politics,Ē Iíd say that was wrong. But no one has said that. Itís speculation.

    Disney fired her only because they disagreed with her tweets. If prior to every episode of the Mandolorean, Gina Carano came out on the screen and kneeled in support of Trump, Iíd think she was wrong as well. Furthermore, Kaep wasnít released, he just wasnít resigned. This would be like me being upset because Disney didnít sign Carano to be Captain Marvel. Are the MCU black balling her as well?
    Pretty sure Carano wasn't fired but just didn't have her contract renewed as well. Your arguments on this topic are all over the place.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Thatís not true, other players were not cancelled in the same way isnít proof that kap wasnt. There are very obvious differences we can get into if needed, the major one being the public canceling one individual just like the teams. Even the potus was pushing to cancel him and it seemingly had an impact.

    You are making the rest up. Itís been shown by multiple people how it played out this is more excuses. As I said this is what people do to try and excuse cancel culture. By all accounts he did want the opportunity to play but no teams gave an offer. This is because of cancel culture around him as covered and it no longer ďbeing worth itĒ. Doesnít matter if itís the guy in a company car or kap itís the cancel culture that was the issue here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís proof that if a players talent is better than any distraction he may cause, then a team will allow that player to be on their team. Why would nfl teams only target Kaep? Again, look at lebron James. Heís very vocal about politics. Why hasnít he been targeted? Why was Michael Vick allowed to keep playing after killing dogs? Teams want to win more than anything. If a team felt Kaep would help them win, heíd have a job.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57,790
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I wouldnít know their decision was political at all. Networks donít rehire stars all the time. They cancel shows without saying anything. You can disagree based on someoneís talent. You can tell me you think Kaep is one of the best QBs ever. I disagree.
    I don't think their decision was political. It's not like she was let go for simply being a known Trump supporter or something.

  14. #299
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,488
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Cancel culture is about silencing opinions you may disagree with and firing someone is a prime way to do that.
    Ya so the attempt to silence was the canceling still either way. The potus even was trying to do so along with tons of other people.

    He was cancelled by large groups of people and no teams decided to rehire him with that ďbaggageĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #300
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,488

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Itís proof that if a players talent is better than any distraction he may cause, then a team will allow that player to be on their team. Why would nfl teams only target Kaep? Again, look at lebron James. Heís very vocal about politics. Why hasnít he been targeted? Why was Michael Vick allowed to keep playing after killing dogs? Teams want to win more than anything. If a team felt Kaep would help them win, heíd have a job.
    You can say this about employees too who fall victim of cancel culture.

    It not being worth keeping someone due to their baggage of cancel culture still has cancel culture as the issue

    I have also seen people making the ok sign not fired. That doesnít mean that guy wasnít cancelled lol.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •