Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 878
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    No. Thereís a difference between firing someone for displaying their political opinion and firing someone because their antics are creating a distraction.
    Wrong.

    Like valade said, it's a weak attempt to explain your hypocrisy.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, thatís just you trying to find a reason to explain your hypocrisy.

    Roseanneís antics also created a distraction. And those antics did not help the studio make a TV show.

    Itís the same logic.

    Also, why do you think no other studio hired her for a TV show after she was fired?
    Roseanne stating her opinion on her own Twitter shouldnít make a show more difficult. Again, Kaeps opinion is irrelevant. If Roseanne walked around the studio ranting about her views, than that is different and the studio had every right to fire her. Thereís nothing to suggest thatís the case though.

    I donít know why she hasnít been hired elsewhere. Do you?

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Because thatís relevant to cancel culture.
    No it's not. If someone was cancelled due to backlash then they were cancelled due to backlash. Makes no difference what an owner quoted.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Roseanne stating her opinion on her own Twitter shouldnít make a show more difficult. Again, Kaeps opinion is irrelevant. If Roseanne walked around the studio ranting about her views, than that is different and the studio had every right to fire her. Thereís nothing to suggest thatís the case though.

    I donít know why she hasnít been hired elsewhere. Do you?
    She getting the Kaepernick treatment. Too much backlash to deal with.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Roseanne stating her opinion on her own Twitter shouldnít make a show more difficult. Again, Kaeps opinion is irrelevant. If Roseanne walked around the studio ranting about her views, than that is different and the studio had every right to fire her. Thereís nothing to suggest thatís the case though.

    I donít know why she hasnít been hired elsewhere. Do you?
    You just said the media scrutiny on Kaepernick is why made it untenable. Well there was a tremendous amount of media scrutiny on Roseanneís show after her comments.

    Itís the same thing. Do you think a business should be able to fire someone if they adversely affect the profits of their business?

    As for the Bolded: You have no idea? Man, I sometimes wonder what itís like to be that naive.

  6. #531
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How many times do I need to say this... if Kaep was not resigned for the sole purpose of his political beliefs or even his antics, that is wrong. We donít know that to be the case though. We are speculating on Kaep.

    Gina Carano was canceled for her tweets. Itís not like Iím mad at Disney because they didnít make a new show involving her or not making her captain marvel.
    We are almost always speculating but all the evidence I had been pointing that way from the start and you have been arguing against it/seemingly defending the cancel culture in this case. That is the part that was clear as day and everyone could see. It hit the levels of potus trying to cancel him and eventually vp left a game over this type of thing. Itís a very huge shining example of cancel culture from many many people.

    Itís not about being mad at the company. I mean I think some are dumb for giving in and nfl settled after the fact in this case even but the issue is that extreme cancel culture from many over made up reasons to be offended.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You just said the media scrutiny on Kaepernick is why made it untenable. Well there was a tremendous amount of media scrutiny on Roseanneís show after her comments.

    Itís the same thing. Do you think a business should be able to fire someone if they adversely affect the profits of their business?

    As for the Bolded: You have no idea? Man, I sometimes wonder what itís like to be that naive.
    Was Roseanne running around the studio ranting about her politics making it uncomfortable for the other actors? If so, she is wrong. But if all she did was state her opinion on social media, the other actors have no justification to be uncomfortable.

    The difference between these cases is with Kaep you are speculating him not being resigned is mainly caused by his protest. Here is an example of speculation...

    In 2020, the Eagles drafted Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson. As a fan, I can be upset at their failure to identify Jefferson as far better than Reagor because they had the opportunity to draft him. I canít be equally irritated at the Eagles not trading up to draft Cee-dee lamb. I can only speculate on reasons why they didnít. But I have no actual idea.

    With Kaep, itís the same. You can speculate all day long. We can have differences of opinion in said speculation but neither of us know for sure.

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No it's not. If someone was cancelled due to backlash then they were cancelled due to backlash. Makes no difference what an owner quoted.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Where is it stated anywhere that Kaep was canceled do to backlash?

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Was Roseanne running around the studio ranting about her politics making it uncomfortable for the other actors? If so, she is wrong. But if all she did was state her opinion on social media, the other actors have no justification to be uncomfortable.

    The difference between these cases is with Kaep you are speculating him not being resigned is mainly caused by his protest. Here is an example of speculation...

    In 2020, the Eagles drafted Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson. As a fan, I can be upset at their failure to identify Jefferson as far better than Reagor because they had the opportunity to draft him. I canít be equally irritated at the Eagles not trading up to draft Cee-dee lamb. I can only speculate on reasons why they didnít. But I have no actual idea.

    With Kaep, itís the same. You can speculate all day long. We can have differences of opinion in said speculation but neither of us know for sure.
    But it is justification to make the studio upset. She is the star actress of the TV show. If her ranting and raving on a public social media account decreases the studio's profits, how is it not in their interest to terminate her?

    As for your speculation, you seem to discount the degree of speculation required in situations. For example, it would require a lot of speculation to assume why the Philadelphia Eagles WR situation went down the way it did,

    it takes very little speculation to determine the reason other studios haven't hired Roseanne is because of her offensive tweets. Mostly, that takes common sense.

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,302
    Can someone provide me the legislation that Democrats passed to make Mr. Potato head genderless or censor Dr. Seuss?

    Otherwise Iím not seeing the political aspect of this latest bull****.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Was Roseanne running around the studio ranting about her politics making it uncomfortable for the other actors? If so, she is wrong. But if all she did was state her opinion on social media, the other actors have no justification to be uncomfortable.

    The difference between these cases is with Kaep you are speculating him not being resigned is mainly caused by his protest. Here is an example of speculation...

    In 2020, the Eagles drafted Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson. As a fan, I can be upset at their failure to identify Jefferson as far better than Reagor because they had the opportunity to draft him. I canít be equally irritated at the Eagles not trading up to draft Cee-dee lamb. I can only speculate on reasons why they didnít. But I have no actual idea.

    With Kaep, itís the same. You can speculate all day long. We can have differences of opinion in said speculation but neither of us know for sure.
    Roseanne tweeted Valerie Jarrett was an offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. How is that a political opinion? When has it ever been just an ďopinionĒ to refer to black people as apes/monkeys?? The only reason it was even a story was because she was playing a Trump supporter on the show. Lol!

    I mean youíre out here defending these people like they got cancelled for tweeting for low taxes and deregulation. They arenít even opinions. Roseanneís was a terrible joke. Do we need to resurrect Kathy Griffin who was swiftly cancelled after her terrible joke that everyone agreed was terrible?


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,139
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Roseanne tweeted Valerie Jarrett was an offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. How is that a political opinion? When has it ever been just an ďopinionĒ to refer to black people as apes/monkeys?? The only reason it was even a story was because she was playing a Trump supporter on the show. Lol!

    I mean youíre out here defending these people like they got cancelled for tweeting for low taxes and deregulation. They arenít even opinions. Roseanneís was a terrible joke. Do we need to resurrect Kathy Griffin who was swiftly cancelled after her terrible joke that everyone agreed was terrible?
    Calling a black person an ape because they have black skin is racist.



    That's funny. She has the same haircut and ****.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,630
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Calling a black person an ape because they have black skin is racist.



    That's funny. She has the same haircut and ****.
    Roseanne is a funny lady. If she was openly liberal and pulled the national Anthem stunt today a bunch of right wing loud mouths would have her canceled. The thing that should outrage people is that the network continued making ďThe ConnorsĒ after they fired her. Thatís her ****, they made millions of it, fired her, then continued to try to make bank off her creative creation
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But it is justification to make the studio upset. She is the star actress of the TV show. If her ranting and raving on a public social media account decreases the studio's profits, how is it not in their interest to terminate her?

    As for your speculation, you seem to discount the degree of speculation required in situations. For example, it would require a lot of speculation to assume why the Philadelphia Eagles WR situation went down the way it did,

    it takes very little speculation to determine the reason other studios haven't hired Roseanne is because of her offensive tweets. Mostly, that takes common sense.
    Rosanne tweeting her stupid thoughts is not justification to make the studio upset. She said nothing about the studio prior to her cancellation. It was her own stupid ideals.

    It doesnít take any speculation as to whether or not the Eagles should have drafted Jefferson. They messed up. It happens.

    Itís pure speculation as to why other studios arenít hiring Roseanne. Perhaps she doesnít want to work any more. Itís not like she was doing a ton prior.

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Roseanne tweeted Valerie Jarrett was an offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes. How is that a political opinion? When has it ever been just an ďopinionĒ to refer to black people as apes/monkeys?? The only reason it was even a story was because she was playing a Trump supporter on the show. Lol!

    I mean youíre out here defending these people like they got cancelled for tweeting for low taxes and deregulation. They arenít even opinions. Roseanneís was a terrible joke. Do we need to resurrect Kathy Griffin who was swiftly cancelled after her terrible joke that everyone agreed was terrible?
    Kathy griffin was canceled? From what? I just looked at her IMDB. She hasnít been working much but she hadnít been working much it seems. Many people made stupid jokes about the president- Madonna for instance, was she canceled as well?

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •