Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 878
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Well thereís probably more to the story than we know here. However, if a company fires someone because they disagree with his actions on company property, thatís perfectly acceptable. It would be different if he posted on his social media
    I had forgotten how pro-business you are.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So anyone seen giving an ok sign in a company car should be fired? What about an air high five? What if I am scratching my nose but it kinda looks like Iím picking it?

    Do you actually think the issue is the company was not aware initially was the issue? Itís not the many people that called in to get him cancelled and complained?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't say they were right, in this case, I said while in a company vehicle he was representing the company giving them the right. But I also said IF they felt they were put in a bad light.

    But I also feel like we're throwing the term cancel culture around for just about anything....yet another term that didn't even exist a couple years ago
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #363
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I didn't say they were right, in this case, I said while in a company vehicle he was representing the company giving them the right. But I also said IF they felt they were put in a bad light.

    But I also feel like we're throwing the term cancel culture around for just about anything....yet another term that didn't even exist a couple years ago
    As has been covered this isnít about what a company has the right to do etc.

    Do you think the example of the car driver and kapernick arenít cancel culture? What do you think is then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I didn't say they were right, in this case, I said while in a company vehicle he was representing the company giving them the right. But I also said IF they felt they were put in a bad light.

    But I also feel like we're throwing the term cancel culture around for just about anything....yet another term that didn't even exist a couple years ago
    Well the issue with cancel culture isn't whether a company can or has the right to fire someone, it's that they are doing it based on societal pressure for what the employee is saying or doing that has nothing to do with their job.

    People aren't against cancel culture because they think it's illegal, they are against it because they think that it's wrong. So the legality of the firing really is irrelevant, it's simply "do you have a problem with cancel culture". If you fall back on the legality of companies being able to fire employees for this reason as a justification, it seems the answer is no you do not have a problem with cancel culture.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    As has been covered this isnít about what a company has the right to do etc.

    Do you think the example of the car driver and kapernick arenít cancel culture? What do you think is then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I wish I hadn't bothered to participate in this discussion.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #366
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think I wish I hadn't bothered to participate in this discussion.
    Fair enough, I donít really think whatever point you were making was overly relevant to what I had been saying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,630

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I had forgotten how pro-business you are.
    Joey roots for the house. I guarantee he loves the Yankees too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Well thereís probably more to the story than we know here. However, if a company fires someone because they disagree with his actions on company property, thatís perfectly acceptable. It would be different if he posted on his social media
    Look, I get that everyone else is swallowing your bull ****, but wtf diff does it make if he did something on company property or not? Ita still cancel culture.

    If the duck dynasty guy gave his interview while standing on company property, and is fired due to what he says, that doesn't change anything regarding the cancel culture aspect of it.

    You're doing what special does which is find random details that make no difference and try and build an argument on it. I smell bull ****, you're just trying to justify why you support one instance and not the other.

    And there's nothing wrong with that, but just say what it is. You support in one instance but not in another. You dont have to dance in circles trying to convince yourself that one instance is cancel culture and the other is not.

    There's nothing wrong with just owning your opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well the issue with cancel culture isn't whether a company can or has the right to fire someone, it's that they are doing it based on societal pressure for what the employee is saying or doing that has nothing to do with their job.

    People aren't against cancel culture because they think it's illegal, they are against it because they think that it's wrong.
    It's not even that it's wrong. It's that people are imperfect. We all make mistakes. We all do dumb things. But the line between those that have sincerely made a mistake and maybe didn't get the memo, and those that take advantage of the cheapening of it to actually do something blatant and then use cancel culture as cover as a defense. It's why far left super woke social justice warriors calling everyone and everything racist, mysogynist, transphobic etc. completely cheapened those terms to the point where people who are actually doing it use it as a defense. The far left went too far with it.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Joey roots for the house. I guarantee he loves the Yankees too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hate the Yankees with a passion. They actively kill baseball. They kill baseball because they want no salary cap so they can outspend their opponents.

    If anyone favors a team like the Yankees, itís you. You want the players to get higher salaries. The sport doesnít matter to you. Iím saying the sport should matter.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Look, I get that everyone else is swallowing your bull ****, but wtf diff does it make if he did something on company property or not? Ita still cancel culture.

    If the duck dynasty guy gave his interview while standing on company property, and is fired due to what he says, that doesn't change anything regarding the cancel culture aspect of it.

    You're doing what special does which is find random details that make no difference and try and build an argument on it. I smell bull ****, you're just trying to justify why you support one instance and not the other.

    And there's nothing wrong with that, but just say what it is. You support in one instance but not in another. You dont have to dance in circles trying to convince yourself that one instance is cancel culture and the other is not.

    There's nothing wrong with just owning your opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It matters if the Duck Dynasty guy uses the networks time to promote his personal beliefs. Heís paid to do a show about duck hunting or whatever, not spout his religious beliefs. The network has the right to not air his beliefs on their network. However, so long as heís fulfilling his duck dynasty show obligations, heís free to believe whatever he wants and furthermore spout those beliefs in his personal time. I donít agree with his religious beliefs. I probably disagree with him more than I disagree with Kaep on his beliefs. But thereís a difference in their antics in spouting those beliefs. Again, look at lebron James. I think heís an idiot on his political beliefs. He tweets things that are way ďworseĒ than anything Kaep has said regarding his cause. But I could care less when it comes to him playing basketball.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    55,630

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It matters if the Duck Dynasty guy uses the networks time to promote his personal beliefs. Heís paid to do a show about duck hunting or whatever, not spout his religious beliefs. The network has the right to not air his beliefs on their network. However, so long as heís fulfilling his duck dynasty show obligations, heís free to believe whatever he wants and furthermore spout those beliefs in his personal time. I donít agree with his religious beliefs. I probably disagree with him more than I disagree with Kaep on his beliefs. But thereís a difference in their antics in spouting those beliefs. Again, look at lebron James. I think heís an idiot on his political beliefs. He tweets things that are way ďworseĒ than anything Kaep has said regarding his cause. But I could care less when it comes to him playing basketball.
    The CEO of the San Francisco 49ers is on record saying he had no problem with Kap actions while in his employ. Why do you get to decide what either of these guys can or can't do at work? Turn the channel and let others enjoy the show.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 03-02-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,160
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It matters if the Duck Dynasty guy uses the networks time to promote his personal beliefs. Heís paid to do a show about duck hunting or whatever, not spout his religious beliefs. The network has the right to not air his beliefs on their network. However, so long as heís fulfilling his duck dynasty show obligations, heís free to believe whatever he wants and furthermore spout those beliefs in his personal time. I donít agree with his religious beliefs. I probably disagree with him more than I disagree with Kaep on his beliefs. But thereís a difference in their antics in spouting those beliefs. Again, look at lebron James. I think heís an idiot on his political beliefs. He tweets things that are way ďworseĒ than anything Kaep has said regarding his cause. But I could care less when it comes to him playing basketball.
    As far as cancel culture is concerned, no, it doesnt matter if the guy tweets from his company trailer vs tweeting from his personal house, either way if someone is being cancelled due to backlash then that's what's happening.

    You're trying to find some obscure difference and make an argument off it. No dice.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is factually inaccurate. The incident youíre referring to was a trade between the 49ers and Broncos prior to him kneeling. During the FA after he knelt he did not demand starters money or a starting position.
    Yes he did. We'll never know the truth because none of us were there, however the reports over the years indicates he certainly was.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #375
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...mits-key-fact/

    The Broncos tried to acquire Kaepernick before he protested. Since then no NFL team has offered him a contract.

    Your grasp on facts is as loose as it always is.
    You seriously need to know what the word "fact" means.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •