Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Itís really hilarious seeing Republicans against cancel culture when all that is is an extension of the free market. They love the free market when it means replaceable workers get paid less money. But when it leads to them being held accountable suddenly itís terrible. And if Republicans hate cancel culture so much then explain why you donít have a problem with Colin Kaepernick being blacklisted by the NFL.
    Good post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trump tried to use the Justice Department to cancel his political rivals and tried to cancel the votes against him. I'm not Rosie Oídonnell fan either but let's call a space a spade. Trump was more hypersensitive and reactionary to anything that didnít kiss his *** then any politician ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea he is one of the worst cancel culture proponents out there even though he cried out about how much of a victim he was as well.

Absolutely true to the nature of a loud mouthed con man right there.

Yankees Farm System

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...202189834?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Bill made a great point that this isnít just celebraties now. There was a Latino man who got fired from his job because he made a white power gesture and someone filmed him and took to his employer.

Prove it. Just because Bill Maher said it isnít a reason to believe it. I bet thereís WAY more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trump tried to use the Justice Department to cancel his political rivals and tried to cancel the votes against him. I'm not Rosie Oídonnell fan either but let's call a space a spade. Trump was more hypersensitive and reactionary to anything that didnít kiss his *** then any politician ever.

I know it goes both ways. In recent years, I feel like a man without a country. But even if some people want to make the argument that cancel culture is equal on right and left, there isn't super wokeism on the right. Watch the link in my previous post. If that's the where the world is going, and that's what is going to be the norm for educating our kids, then that's a line for me. It's eugenic-like. I'm sorry that's not for me.

So combine the cancel culture and super wokeism and force me into a corner, and given those two binary choices, Trump has my vote all day, everyday. And I'm a progressive just to be clear.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do people characterize what happened to Kaepernick as cancel culture? Because I would.
    Yes of course.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Prove it. Just because Bill Maher said it isnít a reason to believe it. I bet thereís WAY more to the story.
    OH, HE WAS IN A COMPANY ****ING TRUCK! Thatís the problem.

This isnít a matter of cancel culture. This is a matter of a company saving face. VERY different than what brewerkid wants to claim.

Do people characterize what happened to Kaepernick as cancel culture? Because I would.
    Hmm thatís an interesting case. A bit of yes and no there I think Iíd say.

My only hesitancy with a full on yes is because his actions were also when he was acting as an employee of the company and using their platform when he was advocating versus just off the field advocating.

But that said the kind of forced societal compliance of tying a non national sports team into things like the national anthem is silly and dumb also.

Yankees Farm System

This isnít a matter of cancel culture. This is a matter of a company saving face. VERY different than what brewerkid wants to claim.
    What? Youíre saying he intentionally gave the white power sign? Can a Latino really be a white supremacy guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What? Youíre saying he intentionally gave the white power sign? Can a Latino really be a white supremacy guy?

One can intentionally make a white power sign without being a white supremacist (regardless of their race).

Somewhat, but his lack of actual talent didn't help him, either. Had he been a quality QB, his political views would not have mattered much.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    One can intentionally make a white power sign without being a white supremacist (regardless of their race).
    How do you know he actually did it and meant it? Thereís plenty of examples of people doing it and not actually meaning to do it

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Somewhat, but his lack of actual talent didn't help him, either. Had he been a quality QB, his political views would not have mattered much.
    I agree on his talent, but if you disagree with cancelling people for what they say or their political opinions I donít see how their ability factors into the decision making process from a personal standpoint.

Are you saying you are OK with cancel culture if someone is untalented at their job?

He was obviously in company truck. There name was on the side of the truck. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I know it goes both ways. In recent years, I feel like a man without a country. But even if some people want to make the argument that cancel culture is equal on right and left, there isn't super wokeism on the right. Watch the link in my previous post. If that's the where the world is going, and that's what is going to be the norm for educating our kids, then that's a line for me. It's eugenic-like. I'm sorry that's not for me.

So combine the cancel culture and super wokeism and force me into a corner, and given those two binary choices, Trump has my vote all day, everyday. And I'm a progressive just to be clear.
    What super wokism is Joe Biden guilty of? you are saying you would vote for Trump bc if this issue but I think if you put aside the left vs right narrative and look at the people the one you are saying you would vote for is the biggest offender

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast