Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Which is irrelevant to the cancel culture lol.

Companies reaction to cancel culture will vary. I donít think anyone has argued differently and the specifics will matter in how easy it is to let go etc so thatís to be expected.

It still isnít getting to the problem being pointed out, the pressure from those trying to cancel to take said actions. If the company fires or suspends or doesnít rehire can all be examples of cancel culture. With kap it was the potus and millions of people calling for boycotts etc to pressure the company into action. For the guy in the car itís everyone calling in to complain about him due to the out of context photo. Sure companies may be justified in their actions in response but it doesnít change the ridiculous cancel culture making it into a problem in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís not irrelevant. For instance, take your guy making the gesture. Obviously, itís a bit of a stretch to determine that dude was giving a ďwhite powerĒ sign. Either way, itís up for interpretation. But letís take it even farther. Letís say the guy put a confederate flag and Nazi bumper sticker on the truck. Would the company be wrong to react?

Cancel culture is about limiting someoneís opinion simply because you disagree with said opinion. Companies have to maintain a certain standard for the public. The personal ideals of those employees should not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think that goes to the mindset of how people view their social media. Correctly or incorrectly, most people view it as their private thoughts being displayed to their friends. Perhaps because itís relatively new. Personally, Iíd suggest any public figure to stay off of it or allow a PR person to run it.

However, in the case of Carano, we have her saying something someone on the left could deem controversial. But Pedro Pascale made similar ďinsensitiveĒ tweets about the right and nothing was done. This is a double standard and the definition of ďcancel culture.Ē
    That is a double standard, but cancel culture is not the double standard, itís the act of cancelling someone. I donít think Carano deserved what happened to her.

But I think you donít understand what cancel culture is if you think itís the double standard as opposed to the act of cancelling someone.

Cancel culture is about limiting someoneís opinion simply because you disagree with said opinion. Companies have to maintain a certain standard for the public. The personal ideals of those employees should not matter.
    So the truck driver who got fired isnt cancel culture because the company was just trying to maintain their standard?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No he didn't. Disney cutting ties with Carano is in no way a double standard. Good to see you regurgitating those right wing talking points though.
    Iím not sure if youíre even serious...

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So the truck driver who got fired isnt cancel culture because the company was just trying to maintain their standard?

Sure. Everyone should be fired for flicking a booger...

Is this sarcasm?

Iím not sure if youíre even serious...
    I'm dead serious, but please: keep regurgitating those right wing talking points.

According to your logic...

Maybe you should sit down with yourself and explain it better, lol.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

9. 03-02-2021, 08:05 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Off topic

10. 03-02-2021, 08:06 PM
    Reason
    Insults/Off topic

Itís not irrelevant. For instance, take your guy making the gesture. Obviously, itís a bit of a stretch to determine that dude was giving a ďwhite powerĒ sign. Either way, itís up for interpretation. But letís take it even farther. Letís say the guy put a confederate flag and Nazi bumper sticker on the truck. Would the company be wrong to react?

I actually have discussed the difference with Ewing and I do agree the reason people are getting canceled matters in that sense. The issue is that in both situations the employer is justified in firing. The nazi stuff and the misinterpreted gesture fall under the same umbrella in this sense despite I think you noting one is clearly far worse.

The issue though, again, isnít about the company reacting. The issue is the large movement of people trying to get the person cancelled. Boycott, call for firing whatever it may be. I also noted in that conversation I donít think every time there is mass outrage itís necessarily over the top cancel culture. If everyone is outraged because Biden wants to kill everyone under 6ft tall I donít think wanting him gone for that is over the top cancel culture.

So I do agree it depends on the situation/issue and the company often has rights to take the measures they do. It doesnít touch the heart of the issue with over the top cancel culture and people getting cancelled for a misinterpreted gesture or millions even the potus calling to boycott or punish etc kap. They arenít nazis doing anything bad or killing people under 6ft tall. Itís a bunch of whiners with hurt feelings of disagreement with how they perceive their actions.

Another patently ridiculous post. You are somewhere between a time waster and unintentional comic relief for basically everyone on this site fwiw.
    Isnít this post insults and off topic as well?

I canít tell if you are serious or not given your recent defense of the company being justified lol.

Much of what you have been arguing about kap or other situations would apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I canít tell if you are serious or not given your recent defense of the company being justified lol.

Much of what you have been arguing about kap or other situations would apply here.

lol, hes confusing himself at this point.

I find it funny that people are posting videos of Fox commentators complaining about various Dr. Seuss properties. The most frequent is the Lorax for environmental radicalism.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

imagine people being held accountable for their actions or for god's sake apologizing when they **** up.

Literally the ultimate snowflake thing to do is to ***** about cancel culture.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

I'm dead serious, but please: keep regurgitating those right wing talking points.
    So comparing Trump supporters to Nazis is not similar to comparing liberals to Nazis?

Both were stupid memes. One was about conservatives and one was about liberals being like Nazis. What am I missing Mr. Serious?

Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast