Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,894

    Bill Maher on cancel culture

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmXTUSP9a9M

    Spot on here even if 95% of liberal posters here would disagree and not watch the video


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmXTUSP9a9M

    Spot on here even if 95% of liberal posters here would disagree and not watch the video


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, yes - a moment of clarity from a rich, elderly white man in Hollywood.

    ...wait, am I supposed to believe them or not believe them today? I canít remember. Itís so inconvenient to remember which celebrities are convenient to use to defend an argument nobody here is making.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,202
    I literally came here to make a thread on the exact topic so thank you for doing it Brewers.

    Please for the love of God, if we just unite around one thing, can we unite around this? We know where it started, who started it, but like Bill said, 80% of people know it's ********. It needs a massive pushback, it just can't be from the right. People on the left need to push back against this too.

    And can I add Woke Culture to it too? Watch the interview he did with Megyn Kelly in the same episode where she talks about pulling her kids from a private school in New York for Woke education. It's insane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pabbzNjZ2s

    If this is the new norm, I'll vote for Trump or whoever takes a stand over this all day, any day.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,618
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I literally came here to make a thread on the exact topic so thank you for doing it Brewers.

    Please for the love of God, if we just unite around one thing, can we unite around this? We know where it started, who started it, but like Bill said, 80% of people know it's ********. It needs a massive pushback, it just can't be from the right. People on the left need to push back against this too.

    And can I add Woke Culture to it too? Watch the interview he did with Megyn Kelly in the same episode where she talks about pulling her kids from a private school in New York for Woke education. It's insane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pabbzNjZ2s

    If this is the new norm, I'll vote for Trump or whoever takes a stand over this all day, any day.
    Trump tried to use the Justice Department to cancel his political rivals and tried to cancel the votes against him. I'm not Rosie Oídonnell fan either but let's call a space a spade. Trump was more hypersensitive and reactionary to anything that didnít kiss his *** then any politician ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trump tried to use the Justice Department to cancel his political rivals and tried to cancel the votes against him. I'm not Rosie Oídonnell fan either but let's call a space a spade. Trump was more hypersensitive and reactionary to anything that didnít kiss his *** then any politician ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea he is one of the worst cancel culture proponents out there even though he cried out about how much of a victim he was as well.

    Absolutely true to the nature of a loud mouthed con man right there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trump tried to use the Justice Department to cancel his political rivals and tried to cancel the votes against him. I'm not Rosie Oídonnell fan either but let's call a space a spade. Trump was more hypersensitive and reactionary to anything that didnít kiss his *** then any politician ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it goes both ways. In recent years, I feel like a man without a country. But even if some people want to make the argument that cancel culture is equal on right and left, there isn't super wokeism on the right. Watch the link in my previous post. If that's the where the world is going, and that's what is going to be the norm for educating our kids, then that's a line for me. It's eugenic-like. I'm sorry that's not for me.

    So combine the cancel culture and super wokeism and force me into a corner, and given those two binary choices, Trump has my vote all day, everyday. And I'm a progressive just to be clear.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    56,618
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I know it goes both ways. In recent years, I feel like a man without a country. But even if some people want to make the argument that cancel culture is equal on right and left, there isn't super wokeism on the right. Watch the link in my previous post. If that's the where the world is going, and that's what is going to be the norm for educating our kids, then that's a line for me. It's eugenic-like. I'm sorry that's not for me.

    So combine the cancel culture and super wokeism and force me into a corner, and given those two binary choices, Trump has my vote all day, everyday. And I'm a progressive just to be clear.
    What super wokism is Joe Biden guilty of? you are saying you would vote for Trump bc if this issue but I think if you put aside the left vs right narrative and look at the people the one you are saying you would vote for is the biggest offender


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    106,037
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I literally came here to make a thread on the exact topic so thank you for doing it Brewers.

    Please for the love of God, if we just unite around one thing, can we unite around this? We know where it started, who started it, but like Bill said, 80% of people know it's ********. It needs a massive pushback, it just can't be from the right. People on the left need to push back against this too.

    And can I add Woke Culture to it too? Watch the interview he did with Megyn Kelly in the same episode where she talks about pulling her kids from a private school in New York for Woke education. It's insane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pabbzNjZ2s

    If this is the new norm, I'll vote for Trump or whoever takes a stand over this all day, any day.
    Poor rich Megan Kelly kids, I have a tiny ****ing violin for them and her racist ****ing babie ***.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,719
    Hereís the deal:

    Cancel culture is a problem.

    Holding people accountable to their words and actions is not.

    Getting to the latter is going to mean over swings occur - thatís cancel culture. Iíd prefer that we start to overswing now rather than continue to accept people being *******s because ďiTís My FiRsT aMeNdMeNt RiGhT!Ē

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,894
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Hereís the deal:

    Cancel culture is a problem.

    Holding people accountable to their words and actions is not.

    Getting to the latter is going to mean over swings occur - thatís cancel culture. Iíd prefer that we start to overswing now rather than continue to accept people being *******s because ďiTís My FiRsT aMeNdMeNt RiGhT!Ē
    Bill made a great point that this isnít just celebraties now. There was a Latino man who got fired from his job because he made a white power gesture and someone filmed him and took to his employer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Hereís the deal:

    Cancel culture is a problem.

    Holding people accountable to their words and actions is not.

    Getting to the latter is going to mean over swings occur - thatís cancel culture. Iíd prefer that we start to overswing now rather than continue to accept people being *******s because ďiTís My FiRsT aMeNdMeNt RiGhT!Ē
    How do you define that?
    Is Gina Carano getting fired for making a bad Nazi allegory worthy of *cancelation* if so then there are A LOT of other actors in Hollywood who should be fired?
    Or is that just holding people accountable?

    How far back should we go when it comes to *holding people accountable*
    Is it *holding people accountable*
    when teens create anonymous google dox to call their classmates secret racists and cost them their scholarships.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr...h=76968ed41a78

    How far back are we allowed to go to *hold people accountable* for the grave offense of...having been immature in the past...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gmXTUSP9a9M

    Spot on here even if 95% of liberal posters here would disagree and not watch the video


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cancel culture is becoming extreme, I am not sure liberal posters will necessarily disagree either. This isn't a partisan thing where only one side does it, look at Trumpism and trying to cancel anything that says something bad about them. Kapernick issue and trying to cancel that etc. for example. Trying to cancel someone on the other side or your opponent or someone that disagrees with you is becoming very popular all around.

    On the other hand I think almost everyone I have come across is alright with some forms of "cancel culture" depending on the topic. What if a company actually is racist for example, whats the issue with canceling many would say?

    It's getting to extreme levels, people need to do a better job of realizing when they are just being offended and no one is actually being hurt by an issue.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Cancel culture is becoming extreme, I am not sure liberal posters will necessarily disagree either. This isn't a partisan thing where only one side does it, look at Trumpism and trying to cancel anything that says something bad about them. Kapernick issue and trying to cancel that etc. for example. Trying to cancel someone on the other side or your opponent or someone that disagrees with you is becoming very popular all around.

    On the other hand I think almost everyone I have come across is alright with some forms of "cancel culture" depending on the topic. What if a company actually is racist for example, whats the issue with canceling many would say?

    It's getting to extreme levels, people need to do a better job of realizing when they are just being offended and no one is actually being hurt by an issue.
    Itís definitely on both sides and in full display with cpac now also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís definitely on both sides and in full display with cpac now also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya it is something taking over many in this country not specific to any group or identity.

    It's tough because sometimes there is real injustice or an issue that someone needs to be held accountable for. They scream cancel culture because it's the "new thing" and that makes people defensive in turn when the word is used. The issue is many times the person being canceled didn't commit any real injustice. They may have simply not been aware of what was going on and got caught in a situation, they maybe made a joke, they may have just assumed their one of comment wouldn't define their entire life being taken slightly out of context etc. etc.

    Sometimes "canceling" has some reasoning/validity but the general issue of over the top cancel culture is very real.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,811
    He makes some valid points. Cancel Culture definitely goes too far.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •