Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

GT#34: Indiana Pacers (15-15) @ Muy Dedicado Knicks (16-17): The Fight for .500

Led by NBA All-Star Julius Randle, the Knicks are playing with moves so funky, not seen since Grandmaster Flash spinning in the South Bronx. Say it with me, "BASS!"

(Sorry guys. I'm catching a super early flight, so I wanted to publish this game thread before I crash)

Random Thoughts:

1. Point Guard Upgrade: Derrick Rose (age 32) has a lot of mileage on those legs but he's still an upgrade over Elfrid Payton. When teams triple team Payton, he really doesn't know how to look for guys. Rose was the first guy to show us how to unleash the potential of Obi Toppin. It may be a short-lived gig but the Knicks looked different in a good way. I'm hoping this attracts the attention of Leon Rose. The importance of a top notch point guard is the Knicks' highest priority.

2. Frank Lives: Bench backcourt tandem of Frank Ntilikina and Immanuel Quickley has contributed to a lot of ball movement, quicker pace on both sides of the court. Whipping those passes all over the court has led to some ferocious dunks, open shots but more importantly the quick hands on defense. Three steals vs the Kings. Delicious D.

3. Will Obi Toppin shatter the backboard tonight: The numbers might not be there but Obi Toppin is playing with more and more confidence every game. Against the Kings he was getting down and dirty, fighting for the basketball. It was glorious.

4. Domantus Sabonis or Ric "the Model" Martel: NBA All-Star D. Sabonis averages 21.5 ppg/11.7 rpg, and attributes his success to good hand cream. Rick Martel is Quebecquois, a former champion, and at age 64 still sports a 6-pack.

5. Was Donnie Walsh a Disappointment: Remember all the hype when Donnie Walsh was brought in from Indiana to right the ship in his hometown. Reggie Miller voiced, Walsh hire was the first good move made by Dolan. He made a great trade to move Anthony Randolph for assets. Refused to give up any future draft picks to move up 1 spot and nab Steph Curry but traded away all the Knicks' depth + 2 future first rounders (under Phil Jackson's tenure) for Carmelo Anthony. When Donnie approached Lebron James, Wade and Bosh looking like a mix between Bernie Sanders & Professor X, he panicked and outbid for Amare by $9M/season.

Say what you want about Leon Rose but they have not been seduced by superstars who would have gutted the Knicks' depth and cap space. Rose hired the right coach. The Knicks have a better culture and roster because of it. Now, they just have to patiently get more talent.

My prediction: Knicks 110 Pacers 98. Let's Go Knicks!

Donít look now but if the Knicks are able to pull out this victory against the pacers than we could very well be sitting in 4th place in the Eastern conference. Or at least tied for fourth place . Which is ok with me !!
    Heck thatís a heck of a lot better than where we were last season .
    And also weíre almost half way through the season and we are still playing at a top notch level and even against top notch opponents.
    So Iím very pleased with the way this team is playing . And I think with the addition of franky boy him and iq playing together in the back court coming off the bench could very well be a great addition for this team .
    Plus that also means that d rose will be starting at point guard for us as long as Payton is out . So this could end up being addition by subtraction for the Knicks . Basically a blessing in disguise with Payton going down . It could balance this roster out nicely . Frank adds length and ball movement and defense to this team who already has enough offense . 140 points with Frank playing is great example of that .
    Iím just wish that Kevin Knox could start to come around . If he does eventually than that could solve a lot of our problems . And fill a lot of our voids . Or maybe obi can start to impress . Hopefully Mitch gets back back healthy soon because I donít know how much longer taj is going to be able to hold the fort down untill he gets injured . Heís doing good so far but it ainít gonna last forever we are going to need Mitch back sooner than later . Especially being that the 2nd half of the season is going to be a lot tougher . We had it pretty easy the 1st half of the season but now weíre gonna go up against some much better teams on a nightly basis . So we better be prepared. Now the real test comes . First up is Indy . Letís get this W tonight guys and have a 500 day record .
    That would be nice and than we can go from there . Go in the all star break sitting comfortably. Guys will gain some confidence. And than we come back a stronger team . But eventually all eyes will be on us and we canít play under the radar for much longer .
    Letís go Knicks

indy sux we should win this 1

Hopefully Payton misses this game. Indy is coming off a tough loss and will be playing a B2B. Gotta keep the pedal on the gas. The Heat have been on fire winning 5 games in a row so we are tied for 5th with them and Boston at the moment. Still wish we pulled one of those games against the Heat out. Oh well.

They end of the year is so tough we need to finish this stretch strong. Have to beat Indy/Pistons twice. Would be nice to beat the Spurs too but those 3 games are the biggest games. Can we finally get over the hump and get to .500
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hopefully Payton misses this game. Indy is coming off a tough loss and will be playing a B2B. Gotta keep the pedal on the gas. The Heat have been on fire winning 5 games in a row so we are tied for 5th with them and Boston at the moment. Still wish we pulled one of those games against the Heat out. Oh well.
    Heís doubtful so letís hope so .need Frank to hit a few 3s and play big time defense. Need him to win a spot
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks should treat this as a playoff game. Please win this for us fans.

I feel good about this one. Indy is struggling on a B2B and we just had an offensive explosion / feel good win. These are the teams we are fighting for seeding with so I hope we come out and treat it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I feel good about this one. Indy is struggling on a B2B and we just had an offensive explosion / feel good win. These are the teams we are fighting for seeding with so I hope we come out and treat it as such.
    We should win this 1 but let's not get to happy beating a bottom feeder

This is gonna be a tough one with mitch out hopefully Noel plays good again

Super hyped for this one! Let's get over that .500 hump! Gotta defend for 48 minutes and can't keep having these lapses where we give up layups, especially after timeouts. And we gotta come out ready in the 1st and especially the 3rd quarter of doom! Randle vs Sabonis should be fun!

This is an important game. Hope all the young guys play well so thibs could banish Payton to the shadow realm. All these young kids have so much potential and it would be a travesty if we traded any of them instead of letting them grow together organically

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Super hyped for this one! Let's get over that .500 hump! Gotta defend for 48 minutes and can't keep having these lapses where we give up layups, especially after timeouts. And we gotta come out ready in the 1st and especially the 3rd quarter of doom! Randle vs Sabonis should be fun!
    48 minute team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    We should win this 1 but let's not get to happy beating a bottom feeder
    I mean you gotta win those games so yeah scoring 140 for us is something to be happy about
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

So close to 0.500. I can taste it! 😋

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast