Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More attractive bigman moving forward, Julius Randle or Porzingawd?

Battle of the NY Legends

Randle.

He's been playing crazy this year

Randle. His knees arenít jello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle has a much, much better smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Randle

Jeez, like that ? No hope for a former unicorn to regain his luster?

Frank Isolas tweet aged like milk then

https://twitter.com/TheFrankIsola/st...283386880?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Jeez, like that ? No hope for a former unicorn to regain his luster?

Frank Isolas tweet aged like milk then

https://twitter.com/TheFrankIsola/st...283386880?s=19
    Injuries destroyed him. Not only that Randle has been better even on defense this year lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Randle has a much, much better smile.

i honestly hate the nba/fans/media and players. Let me ask you guys something... Lets ignore this season completely and go back to Randles 2018/2019 season... Everyone has a hard on for randle now and have fallen off on porz because injuries. PORZ WAS NEVER BETTER THAN RANDLE WAS IN THAT 2018/2019 SEASON. Porz has never been this great superstar unicorn player Kobe/Media etc made him out to be all because he was a knick and showed potential. Julius randle best season while ignoring this season ***** on Porz in almost every area including vorp/ts/Rebounds/Assists/per all while having a much lower usg and never having nowhere near the player that porz has had in doncic.... Porz has been insanely overrated since his first season all because he was a knick and a big that could shoot the 3.

Here for the lulz as the kids say.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i honestly hate the nba/fans/media and players. Let me ask you guys something... Lets ignore this season completely and go back to Randles 2018/2019 season... Everyone has a hard on for randle now and have fallen off on porz because injuries. PORZ WAS NEVER BETTER THAN RANDLE WAS IN THAT 2018/2019 SEASON. Porz has never been this great superstar unicorn player Kobe/Media etc made him out to be all because he was a knick and showed potential. Julius randle best season while ignoring this season ***** on Porz in almost every area including vorp/ts/Rebounds/Assists/per all while having a much lower usg and never having nowhere near the player that porz has had in doncic.... Porz has been insanely overrated since his first season all because he was a knick and a big that could shoot the 3.
    Wouldn't that imply people only started giving credit this year? Randle's best season was when Porz was out a whole year. Chances are most people had Porz better up until he got injured in 2018 and have given Randle the mantle since Porz was injured. Maybe they gave Porz the benefit of the doubt but thats moreso because of uncertainty being out a year factoring in his growth) as opposed to knocking Randle.

Randle because he does things a big man is suppose to do.

KP is a 7+ foot sg who canít stay healthy. And if he canít help teams like the Knicks and now the Mavs who afford him big roles, then who can he help? Maybe a limited role in a contender? But can he even stay healthy long enough to help that contender? I doubt it. I wouldnít give up anything for this guy.

Randle isn't he a free agent after the end of this season? If I'm the Knicks I look to lock him up long term and give Randle a max contract because his contract was only for 3 years at 63 million...I give him a max deal now if I'm New York especially now that he's balling out

I'm not going to comment on Porzingis. That's an entirely separate can of worms. There's no way of properly predicting his future.

I will, however, suggest that people are getting WAY too excited about Julius Randle. Consider his shooting numbers:

Randle pre-2020-21 mid-range: 32.1%
    Randle 2020-21 mid-range: 46.2%

Randle pre-2020-21 3PT: 29.5%
    Randle 2020-21 3PT: 41.6%

Randle pre-2020-21 FT: 72.5%
    Randle 2020-21 FT: 80.8%

Now, what seems likelier: Randle going from a bad shooter to an elite shooter overnight? Or Randle having an outlier season with no fans in the building, like several other players are having? There is very little reason to believe that Randle can keep shooting at this level over a sustained sample.

And there's very little reason to believe that the Knicks can continue holding opponents to the shooting numbers they have over a sustained sample. Opponents are shooting 32.9% on wide-open 3's against the Knicks this season. That's the lowest figure in the NBA. Remember, these are wide-open 3's, the kind defenses aren't contesting. This is shooting luck. It's already starting to turn. Across their past five games, that's up to 43.4%.

This matters because Randle and the offense aren't driving New York's winning. Their No. 3-ranked defense is. If it slips, suddenly Randle isn't the hero carrying the Knicks to respectably. He's the guy posting big numbers on an unspectacular team. This is the likeliest outcome.

Now, that doesn't mean that Randle hasn't improved! He has. He was genuinely one of the most toxic players in the NBA last season. His mindset has changed completely. He's a far more willing playmaker than he was last season. He's trying way harder on defense. His turnovers are far more justifiable given his role within the offense. He always had a somewhat rare skillset considering his mobility and ball-handling for his size. There was a far better player within him than we'd seen.

But this idea that he's suddenly New York's star now, or that he deserves a max or anything like it, is really overblown. Giving a player that sort of contract based on two hot months only to watch him regress to the mean is exactly the sort of mistake the old Knicks used to make. I hope that this front office is a bit more patient and makes Randle prove it.

Again, not gonna compare him to KP. That's just a different sort of medical conversation I'm not qualified to have. But people are getting really far ahead of themselves with this Randle stuff when there just isn't much evidence that it's sustainable.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Randle isn't he a free agent after the end of this season? If I'm the Knicks I look to lock him up long term and give Randle a max contract because his contract was only for 3 years at 63 million...I give him a max deal now if I'm New York especially now that he's balling out
    Randke has a team option for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast