Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I agree with everything you guys posted about a veteran defensive catcher/ we should have kept Giradi. I am not confident in Gary's ability's. And the, I don't know why they benched me comment makes me believe he does not hold himself accountable. A good backstop is huge for our pitchers for many reasons,one that comes to mind is maybe the pitcher isn't afraid to bounce one because he knows it's going to be blocked.I also don't think it would hurt our mgr. at all to have a veteran C who know's what he's doing back there, I'm not confident in Boones handling of our pitching staff, or his teaching our young players
    Completely agree with the bold. I have very little faith in Boones ability to handle the pitching staff and Blake doesn't seem like the guy who would fight to get his opinion heard while trying to make a big in game decision. I think it would benefit the whole team to have an extremely knowledgeable veteran C in the clubhouse helping out. IMO guys who have spent their careers behind the plate have a much better feel for situational baseball than if a coach had played another position. C's have spent their whole careers trying to do everything possible to get the best out of their pitchers. I just don't care for Boonehead, especially the way he handles the pitching staff.

That i don't know why they benched me comment was bad... Cashmans response was perfect, he basically told him that they really didn't think he needed to be told he played like garbage last yr.

I've definitely resigned myself that Sanchez isn't going to be our long term answer at C like we hoped he was in 16,17 and the first half of the 19 season. That said the talent is still immense and if he actually decided he's going to work at it he could have another monster yr. I think its a very good sign he showed up 15-20 lbs lighter than last yr. U can also tell he has done some serious work on his swing by stopping with that huge leg kick and keeping his front foot closer to the ground to improve his balance. He also is keeping both hands on the bat all the way through the swing to improve his bat control.

It was a really good sign that he hit that HR yesterday to right CF. When he was at his best Sanchez had a similar approach as Judge trying to hit the ball to RF. I'm hoping Sanchez has a monster yr so they could get atleast 2-3 really good specs for him.

We have a number of high ceiling catching specs in the system and at this point i have no idea which of them is most likely to be our next C. I used to think having an above average, plus offensive C with close to league average defense was the way to go behind the plate. Especially with all the young arm talent were going to have breaking into to the MLB in the next couple yrs, i would like to see them go with an excellent receiving, great game calling defense first C, that pitchers really feel comfortable throwing to, after Sanchez is gone. Give me someone who is elite behind the plate and is somewhere in between Romine and Cervelli offensively and i would be thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. The irony is, Boone was brought in primarily because he could communicate with the younger players, unlike his predecessor. LOL How is that working out? Imo Boone is a yes man who takes direction from the front office and the anal dept. I don't see him relating well with players, I also don't believe he handles the pitching staff very well, particularly the BP. He does win despite the short comings.

Imo, Boone does one thing exceptionally well....he does what he's told to do. Yankees have a very talented young core. He has done well with them, however imo he hasn't extracted nearly enough from the ability. Can't blame him for the 2019 injury debacle, but there certainly are plenty of issues for which he is culpable of less than stellar performance.

Imo, no coincidence certain players, particularly Sanchez flourished under Girardi and Pena's tutelage. Strong leadership and experience.
    Completely agree with everything you said

Isn't it odd that we really didn't get bitten hard by the injury bug until Girardi was gone. I wonder if guys we willing to play harder and maybe a little hurt for for Joe and if the break an nail they are out for a month with Boone. Maybe i'm remembering incorrectly but it sure seems like the players respected Joe more

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. The irony is, Boone was brought in primarily because he could communicate with the younger players, unlike his predecessor. LOL How is that working out? Imo Boone is a yes man who takes direction from the front office and the anal dept. I don't see him relating well with players, I also don't believe he handles the pitching staff very well, particularly the BP. He does win despite the short comings.

Imo, Boone does one thing exceptionally well....he does what he's told to do. Yankees have a very talented young core. He has done well with them, however imo he hasn't extracted nearly enough from the ability. Can't blame him for the 2019 injury debacle, but there certainly are plenty of issues for which he is culpable of less than stellar performance.

Imo, no coincidence certain players, particularly Sanchez flourished under Girardi and Pena's tutelage. Strong leadership and experience.
    Boone brought in to deal with younger players... hilarious.. since that was considered Joe Girardi's specialty when he was with the Marlins, and later hired by the Yanks... and after watching this team during his tenure and after... He was still better at the Aaron Boone ever was...

What Joe wasn't.... was able to get alone with the fools above him... that's why he won Manager of the Year in Miami and was promptly sent packing... and pretty much why he was sent packing from here...

Aaron is the opposite of Joe... Joe was great with young players.. Aaron... SUCKS... Joe did his own thing.. Aaron is a great lap-dog for the front office... Joe got the most out of his pitching staff... Aaron burns the bullpen up like a pile of firewood in the coke oven...

You are so right about Joe VS Aaron... and right now... I think that second rate middle infielder has cost us at least 2 championships... Whoever was the FO monkey who thought Aaron Boone is the right guy... I hope you come down with an incurable case of erectile dysfunction...

here's to hoping they can win in spite of his incompetence... because we as fans need it...

That “ FO monkey” as you say , was cashman plain and simple . He is the one who makes those decisions in the end , Hal’s only input is how much he is willing to pay
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-04-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Completely agree with the bold. I have very little faith in Boones ability to handle the pitching staff and Blake doesn't seem like the guy who would fight to get his opinion heard while trying to make a big in game decision. I think it would benefit the whole team to have an extremely knowledgeable veteran C in the clubhouse helping out. IMO guys who have spent their careers behind the plate have a much better feel for situational baseball than if a coach had played another position. C's have spent their whole careers trying to do everything possible to get the best out of their pitchers. I just don't care for Boonehead, especially the way he handles the pitching staff.

That i don't know why they benched me comment was bad... Cashmans response was perfect, he basically told him that they really didn't think he needed to be told he played like garbage last yr.

I've definitely resigned myself that Sanchez isn't going to be our long term answer at C like we hoped he was in 16,17 and the first half of the 19 season. That said the talent is still immense and if he actually decided he's going to work at it he could have another monster yr. I think its a very good sign he showed up 15-20 lbs lighter than last yr. U can also tell he has done some serious work on his swing by stopping with that huge leg kick and keeping his front foot closer to the ground to improve his balance. He also is keeping both hands on the bat all the way through the swing to improve his bat control.

It was a really good sign that he hit that HR yesterday to right CF. When he was at his best Sanchez had a similar approach as Judge trying to hit the ball to RF. I'm hoping Sanchez has a monster yr so they could get atleast 2-3 really good specs for him.

We have a number of high ceiling catching specs in the system and at this point i have no idea which of them is most likely to be our next C. I used to think having an above average, plus offensive C with close to league average defense was the way to go behind the plate. Especially with all the young arm talent were going to have breaking into to the MLB in the next couple yrs, i would like to see them go with an excellent receiving, great game calling defense first C, that pitchers really feel comfortable throwing to, after Sanchez is gone. Give me someone who is elite behind the plate and is somewhere in between Romine and Cervelli offensively and i would be thrilled

Completely agree with everything you said

Isn't it odd that we really didn't get bitten hard by the injury bug until Girardi was gone. I wonder if guys we willing to play harder and maybe a little hurt for for Joe and if the break an nail they are out for a month with Boone. Maybe i'm remembering incorrectly but it sure seems like the players respected Joe more
    My Fear is he has a monster year and they sign him yo a long term contract for big bucks. Imagine if he had a mindset like a Jeter or a DJ?

My Fear is he has a monster year and they sign him yo a long term contract for big bucks. Imagine if he had a mindset like a Jeter or a DJ?
    That is my fear as well . The kind of mindset that jeter had and dj currently has is not taught in the minors or in the majors . It’s something that is engrained into you as a child . That is why I don’t want Sanchez long term .
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-04-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    That “ FO monkey” as you say , was cashman plain and simple . He is the one who makes those decisions in the end , Hal’s only input is how much he is willing to pay
    Whether is was Brian... or Hal or anyone else.... it was the biggest screwup since George and the Bronx Zoo... Brian has done some good things... but alas... even as much of a Brain backer as anyone but this is clearly his biggest blunder. Sadly, this is a job that most either would be smart enough to not touch.. (or even apply for ) or if they took it.. would only last a short while...Where else but here do the fanbases rate winning by WS titles only... The majority of MLB teams would be happy with a .500 record or better... in NY.. if you lose the 7th game of the WS, your a loser... most GM's would never subject themselves to that punishment...

and how he survived George for 10 years is another good question..

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Whether is was Brian... or Hal or anyone else.... it was the biggest screwup since George and the Bronx Zoo... Brian has done some good things... but alas... even as much of a Brain backer as anyone but this is clearly his biggest blunder. Sadly, this is a job that most either would be smart enough to not touch.. (or even apply for ) or if they took it.. would only last a short while...Where else but here do the fanbases rate winning by WS titles only... The majority of MLB teams would be happy with a .500 record or better... in NY.. if you lose the 7th game of the WS, your a loser... most GM's would never subject themselves to that punishment...

and how he survived George for 10 years is another good question..
    Well I would say Inheriting a championship team and making it to 3 more ws bought him his first 5 years and George being sick for the last 4 years of the decade explain why he lasted those 10 years .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Yep and then he eats his way to a new uniform size while getting back to his 2020 form on both sides of the ball.
    I don't like Stanton as a Yankee. I wish they would get rid of him. One thing about him is his work ethic. The dude shows up and is always trying to be the best he can be. Sanchez does not strike me as that type of player.

If he had a mindset of those guys? My lord. He would be one of the most feared players in the game.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep and then he eats his way to a new uniform size while getting back to his 2020 form on both sides of the ball.
    I don't like Stanton as a Yankee. I wish they would get rid of him. One thing about him is his work ethic. The dude shows up and is always trying to be the best he can be. Sanchez does not strike me as that type of player.

If he had a mindset of those guys? My lord. He would be one of the most feared players in the game.

Hmmm.... shouldn't we all strive to be the best we can be? Just curious.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Doc, under the constraints of cashflow, at least on the surface, he did ok.
    What we don't know is if he tried for other moves , like finding a spot for Stanton to clear up space to sign a better option.
    He did nothing to change the lineup. Yes he singed DJ but that was an absolute no brainer.
    IMO this team needs a bat like Brantley and given the choice of him or Stanton? I think you know where I stand.
    In the scenario presented, Cashman did ok but I still believe he is a poor GM and the cap is convenient excuse.

Is this lineup good enough to win a WS? Yes but only if the pitching is lights out from Cole to Chapman.and everyone in between. If it isn't, we are looking at the new Yankee norm, make the playoffs and hope the other teams pitching falters.
    The cap wouldn't even be an issue if he didn't take on Stanton's massive contract to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    The cap wouldn't even be an issue if he didn't take on Stanton's massive contract to begin with.
    I agree , I never could get how the cap was an excuse by Hal to not trade for verlander but less than 6 months later they had the money to take on Stanton . I was never thrilled by that trade , I only liked it because other than money it cost them very little .

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Do you really want to hurt me that much?

lol

I wish Stanton was gone.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Hmmm.... shouldn't we all strive to be the best we can be? Just curious.
    Not according to the Tao or Buddha

But for this argument, yes. I do not believe Sanchez does that in the absence of a strong disciplinary figure.

Ignorance is bliss

/d
    I just hope that he has a huge yr so they can trade him and actually get something of value for him.

I really hope the Yanks don't extend him long term, no matter how well he does. Big, long term contract for C's into their 30's, especially the high offense type, rarely workout well. Defense tends to go down hill as they age also.

I would much rather see them trade Sanchez if he has a big yr, then looks for an elite defensive C that can provide league average offense and i'd be thrilled.

Hopefully 1 or more of our young C specs has taken a big step forward this last yr+ and hopefully they will be MLB ready or close by the start of the 22 season

Stanton was a knee jerk reaction to Ohtani turning us down. Hal and Cash wanted Ohtani badly and when he said he wouldn't play for any East coast teams, Stanton kinda fell into our laps without having to give up anything of serious value.

I wish they wouldn't have gotten Stanton either but at 21.5m AAV in a normal yr is that really a huge overpay for him? If his AAV was 30m+ i would agree his contract would be a huge burden but at 21.5 AAV, that contract in most yrs shouldn't be that restrictive to the Yanks.

I completely agree about Sanchez. If he had the drive and work ethic of a Stanton, with his natural offensive talent he would be a absolute beast.

I don't think internal drive, work ethic and desire to be great are things that can't be taught IMO, it's something that has to come from the players themselves. Coaches can motivate and keep guys on the rails but i don't think you can teach that kinda of desire and drive.

One thing that really encouraging about Dominguez is even with as hyped as he is at such a young age he spent the last yr driving close to 2hrs each way to workout 6 days a week. When you combine elite natural talent with an extreme drive and work ethic to be the best, the chances of getting a great player are alot better
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-05-2021 at 08:22 PM.

dodgers don't care about the cap they want the best chance to win the yanks could learn from the dodgers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast