Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Last ten years you ask? I'm curious Jorge, what team has the most wins in last 10 years?

Hint: four times they got as far as the ALCS but were denied, the final two times to Houston, both under suspicious circumstances as allegations suggest. They stayed above .500 win% and grew an active streak of consecutive winning seasons to 28. Hmmm I wonder.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    It has gotten the dodgers more pennants in the last 4 years than the Yankees have over the last 18 years . 3 pennants to 2 . And a good chance at a 4th pennant this year
    Troll. Why are you here?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Last ten years you ask? I'm curious Jorge, what team has the most wins in last 10 years?

Hint: four times they got as far as the ALCS but were denied, the final two times to Houston, both under suspicious circumstances as allegations suggest. They stayed above .500 win% and grew an active streak of consecutive winning seasons to 28. Hmmm I wonder.
    All those regular season wins got them nothing in the playoffs So try again and they missed the playoffs 3 times in the last 7 years , winning less than 85 games in each of those three seasons . As the old saying goes the regular season means nothing once the playoffs start . And if you are going to talk about those suspicious circumstances in the playoffs then it would only be fair to say the dodgers were denied two ws titles since both ws losses were to those teams behind the suspicious circumstances

Spend smarter ? How is it spending smarter when they spend more on two relievers and one outfielder than they do on 80% of the rotation ? How was is smart to not trade for verlander and not sign Corbin but have no problem trading for Stanton ? And there is the fact that 80% of their rotation had hardly pitched at all over the last 2 to 3 years . The dodgers are seeing the writing on the wall but again they didnít let it stop them from trying to stay on top . The Yankees on the other hand donít ever care about winning a ws at all . They care more about not paying any taxes at a time when they shouldnít since the tax threshold will reset after this season and on top of that we donít even know if there will even be baseball next season . And the last time they won a ws was when they opened their wallets and didnít care about the bottom line and the previous 4 times payroll wasnít an issue either since 3 of those 4 times they had one of the highest payrolls at the time of those championships . So yeah I do want to go back to a time when they didnít care so much about the bottom line
    It is quite clear, that you miss George and his foolish signings that he was notorious for... I know Brian was the biggest defender of our minor league system and he did everything he could to protect it from George... we've had quite a few guys come up from that system recently.

Here is a test for you... which you'll fail... how many times in the last 20 years, has the team w/ the highest payroll hoisted the WS trophy?

Sorry to say... as really 3 teams dominate that list on payrolls... The Yanks won in 2009... though they led the league in payroll most often... The Red Sux won it all with the highest payroll in 2019 (and have been gutting that team since) and last year... LA won it all (after having led the league in 2014-2017 (they reset in 2018) then last year again... 3 championships in 20 years for the top spenders...

Wow.. by that number... that LA team is not showing they like to win more... because it's more like.. Spending big hampers you ... not helps...

Then you get to write the league a nice big check at the end of the year for a tax payment that will be given to the bottom teams who won't spend on payroll only barely more than Cole is making.... with 5 teams in 2019 below 70M... with Tampa being one of them and they went to the playoffs in 2019 (can't find the full salary numbers for last year yet)...

As the adage says.. work smarter not harder.. well... equally with this... spend smarter not greater...

Spending the most only guarantees that you pay luxury tax at the end of the year... nothing more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    It is quite clear, that you miss George and his foolish signings that he was notorious for... I know Brian was the biggest defender of our minor league system and he did everything he could to protect it from George... we've had quite a few guys come up from that system recently.

Here is a test for you... which you'll fail... how many times in the last 20 years, has the team w/ the highest payroll hoisted the WS trophy?

Sorry to say... as really 3 teams dominate that list on payrolls... The Yanks won in 2009... though they led the league in payroll most often... The Red Sux won it all with the highest payroll in 2019 (and have been gutting that team since) and last year... LA won it all (after having led the league in 2014-2017 (they reset in 2018) then last year again... 3 championships in 20 years for the top spenders...

Wow.. by that number... that LA team is not showing they like to win more... because it's more like.. Spending big hampers you ... not helps...

Then you get to write the league a nice big check at the end of the year for a tax payment that will be given to the bottom teams who won't spend on payroll only barely more than Cole is making.... with 5 teams in 2019 below 70M... with Tampa being one of them and they went to the playoffs in 2019 (can't find the full salary numbers for last year yet)...

As the adage says.. work smarter not harder.. well... equally with this... spend smarter not greater...

Spending the most only guarantees that you pay luxury tax at the end of the year... nothing more or less.
    I never said they needed the highest payroll in baseball to win a ws . I mean to put them in a much better position to win a ws this season , all they needed to do was bring back Tanaka on top of signing kluber and bringing back dj . That would bring their payroll to about 220 mill , still not the highest in baseball .
    Last edited by Posada20; 03-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Troll. Why are you here?
    I think you answer lies before your question.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-13-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Time for me to put the troll back on ignore. I keep thinking he may change but that is the definition of insanity.

Someone is crying out for attention . Why else would someone post that they are putting someone on ignore in a thread thatís been silent for 3 days ?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Time for me to put the troll back on ignore. I keep thinking he may change but that is the definition of insanity.
    He's bordering on talking to himself with so many people having him on their ignore list.

Hehe.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    He's bordering on talking to himself with so many people having him on their ignore list.

Hehe.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing he's used to that.

Ignorance is bliss

Someone is crying out for attention . Why else would someone post that they are putting someone on ignore in a thread thatís been silent for 3 days ?

We're aware someone is crying out for attention. We just can't figure out why you're doing it.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234