Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,262
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Helps the Jazz don't have to play the rockets.
    Trust me, if the Rockets somehow sneak into the playoffs, they should be thrilled to get to play this version of the Rockets. This Houston team would get swept in the first round by any of the top 4 teams in the West.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,460
    Can't be as overwhelming as they are and not take them seriously. Even that 60-win Hawks team Carroll mentioned and earlier this thread was a team to be taken seriously. Unfortunately for them, history isn't on their side.

    It's a superstar league and if the Lakers/Clippers are healthy, I don't see Utah getting past them. Hell I could maybe make an argument for Denver over them. Championship worthy or not though, they're a team to be reckoned with.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,967
    Had them as my number 2 before
    Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My predictions for the East

    1- Milwaukee Bucks
    2- Brooklyn Nets
    3- Boston Celtics
    4- Philadelphia 76ers
    5- Toronto Raptors
    6- Miami Heat
    7- Atlanta Hawks
    8- Detroit Pistons
    9- Indiana Pacers
    10- Charlotte Hornets
    11- Washington Wizards
    12- New York Knicks
    13- Chicago Bulls
    14- Orlando Magic
    15- Cleveland Cavaliers


    West standings (Predictions)

    1- Los Angeles Lakers
    2- Denver Nuggets
    3- Los Angeles Clippers
    4- Dallas Mavericks
    5- Golden State Warriors
    6- Houston Rockets
    7- Portland Trail Blazers
    8- Phoenix Suns
    9- Utah Jazz
    10- New Orleans Pelicans
    11- San Antonio Spurs
    12- Memphis Grizzlies
    13- Minnesota Timberwolves
    14- Sacramento Kings
    15- Oklahoma City Thunder


    East Playoffs 1st Round

    Milwaukee (1) vs Detroit (8)= Milwaukee sweep Detroit 4-0
    Brooklyn (2) vs Atlanta (7)= Brooklyn beats Atlanta 4-2
    Boston (3) vs Miami (6)= Boston beats Miami 4-3
    Philadelphia (4) vs Toronto (5)= Philly beats Toronto 4-2


    West Playoffs 1st Round

    LA Lakers (1) vs Phoenix (8)= LA Lakers beat Phoenix 4-1
    Denver (2) vs Portland (7)= Portland beat Denver 4-3
    LA Clippers (3) vs Houston (6)= LA Clippers beat Houston 4-2

    Dallas (4) vs Golden State (5)= Golden State beat Dallas 4-2


    East Semi Finals (Round 2)

    Milwaukee (1) vs Philadelphia (4)= Milwaukee beats Philly 4-2

    Brooklyn (2) vs Boston (3)= Brooklyn beats Boston 4-3


    West Semi Finals (Round 2)

    (1) LA Lakers vs (4) Golden State= Lakers beat Golden State 4-3

    (3) LA Clippers vs (7) Portland= LA Clippers beat Portland 4-2 (make it to their first WCF in history)


    Eastern Conference Final

    Milwaukee (1) vs Brooklyn (2)= Brooklyn beats Milwaukee 4-3


    Western Conference Final

    (1) LA Lakers vs (3) LA Clippers= LAL beats LAC 4-3


    2021 NBA Finals

    Lakers (West) vs Nets (East)= Lakers repeat as champions by beating the Nets 4-2



    My Predictions for the East

    1)Bucks

    2)Nets

    3)76ers

    4)Miami

    5)Toronto

    6)Celtics

    7)Pacers

    8)Hornets

    9)Pistons

    10)Wizards

    11)Hawks

    12)Magic

    13)Knicks

    14)Bulls

    15Cavs


    West


    1)Lakers

    2)Jazz

    3)Rockets

    4)Nuggets

    5)Clippers

    6)Portland

    7)Suns

    8)Mavericks

    9)Grizzles

    10)Warriors

    11)Spurs

    12)Kings

    13)Pelicans

    14)Timberwolves

    15)Thunder



    East Playoffs first round

    Bucks (1) vs Hornets (8)= Bucks win 4-2

    Nets (2) vs Pacers (7) Nets win 4-1

    76ers (3) vs Celtics (6) Celtics win 4-3

    Miami (4) vs Toronto (5) Miami wins 4-2


    West Playoffs first round

    Lakers (1) vs Mavericks (8) Lakers win 4-2

    Jazz (2) vs Suns (7) Jazz win 4-3

    Rockets (3) vs Portland (6) Portland wins 4-2

    Nuggets (4) vs Clippers (5) Clippers win 4-1


    East Semi-Finals (Round 2)

    Bucks (1) vs Celtics (6) Bucks win 4-2

    Nets (2) vs Miami (4) Nets win 4-3


    West Semi-Finals (Round 2)


    Lakers (1) vs Clippers (5) Lakers win 4-3

    Jazz (2) vs Portland (6) Jazz win 4-1


    Eastern Conference Finals Bucks (1) vs Nets (2) Bucks win 4-1


    Western Conference Finals

    Lakers (1) vs Jazz (2) Lakers Win 4-2


    2021 NBA Finals

    Lakers (West) vs Bucks (East) Bucks win 4-2

    Giannis win NBA Finals MVP.
    image.php?u=64893&type=sigpic&am...ine=1587582547
    Last edited by BSF101; 02-25-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Had them as my number 2 before
    Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My predictions for the East

    1- Milwaukee Bucks
    2- Brooklyn Nets
    3- Boston Celtics
    4- Philadelphia 76ers
    5- Toronto Raptors
    6- Miami Heat
    7- Atlanta Hawks
    8- Detroit Pistons
    9- Indiana Pacers
    10- Charlotte Hornets
    11- Washington Wizards
    12- New York Knicks
    13- Chicago Bulls
    14- Orlando Magic
    15- Cleveland Cavaliers


    West standings (Predictions)

    1- Los Angeles Lakers
    2- Denver Nuggets
    3- Los Angeles Clippers
    4- Dallas Mavericks
    5- Golden State Warriors
    6- Houston Rockets
    7- Portland Trail Blazers
    8- Phoenix Suns
    9- Utah Jazz
    10- New Orleans Pelicans
    11- San Antonio Spurs
    12- Memphis Grizzlies
    13- Minnesota Timberwolves
    14- Sacramento Kings
    15- Oklahoma City Thunder


    East Playoffs 1st Round

    Milwaukee (1) vs Detroit (8)= Milwaukee sweep Detroit 4-0
    Brooklyn (2) vs Atlanta (7)= Brooklyn beats Atlanta 4-2
    Boston (3) vs Miami (6)= Boston beats Miami 4-3
    Philadelphia (4) vs Toronto (5)= Philly beats Toronto 4-2


    West Playoffs 1st Round

    LA Lakers (1) vs Phoenix (8)= LA Lakers beat Phoenix 4-1
    Denver (2) vs Portland (7)= Portland beat Denver 4-3
    LA Clippers (3) vs Houston (6)= LA Clippers beat Houston 4-2

    Dallas (4) vs Golden State (5)= Golden State beat Dallas 4-2


    East Semi Finals (Round 2)

    Milwaukee (1) vs Philadelphia (4)= Milwaukee beats Philly 4-2

    Brooklyn (2) vs Boston (3)= Brooklyn beats Boston 4-3


    West Semi Finals (Round 2)

    (1) LA Lakers vs (4) Golden State= Lakers beat Golden State 4-3

    (3) LA Clippers vs (7) Portland= LA Clippers beat Portland 4-2 (make it to their first WCF in history)


    Eastern Conference Final

    Milwaukee (1) vs Brooklyn (2)= Brooklyn beats Milwaukee 4-3


    Western Conference Final

    (1) LA Lakers vs (3) LA Clippers= LAL beats LAC 4-3


    2021 NBA Finals

    Lakers (West) vs Nets (East)= Lakers repeat as champions by beating the Nets 4-2
    That says Tg11 had them 9th [emoji848]

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,923
    That was an impressive win, but we just saw them beat a Lakers team without its defensive fulcrum. Let's wait until the playoffs and see if all those threes keep falling.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,967
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That says Tg11 had them 9th [emoji848]
    Itís all fixed mine is Below his original standings

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,304
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

    I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

    I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking that exact same thing. However, the biggest difference is Mitchell. The Hawks didnít have a player like him that could just manufacture points when needed. Iím not sure that heís enough or where they need him to be at yet to be the sole guy capable of it and actually win the chip but they do at least have that player.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,195
    I mean I dont think they'll make the Finals (either have Lakers or Clippers) but I'd probably pick them over the other teams in the WC.

    I would probably pick the Jazz 5th if I was ranking most likely NBA champ (Lakers, Clippers, Nets, 76ers).

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,181
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    Helps the Jazz don't have to play the rockets.
    Wow thats actually an important point. Rockets were a matchup nightmare for them, not to say the Rockets couldn't beat them on talent alone but they really knew how to turn their anchor into a liability at times. Which is ironic because the Jazz did the same to the Rockets in years past when they turned their defensive anchor(Yao) into a defensive liability.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,365
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

    I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

    I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this is a really good point. Most NBA teams are too impatient but if you have a talented core of players it really pays off to keep it together.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    64,020
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I think this is a really good point. Most NBA teams are too impatient but if you have a talented core of players it really pays off to keep it together.
    Well not just that, but it was a short turn around from the 2019-20 season to 2020-21 season with a short camp. The Jazz didn't change their top 7-8 players, didn't lose anyone significant, didn't add anyone significant. So when it came time to toss the ball up, other teams were still learning each other the Jazz were rolling.

    I'll admit, I bought too much into the Rudy/DMitch strain and thought it would cause problems, but they seem to have both bought into needing each other.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,893
    They are taken as seriously as any team at the top of the standings, but it doesn't mean they will stay there or that they will in their last game of the season.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,857
    I think the Jazz can reach the conference finals. A healthy Lakers would take them out, probably the Clippers too, but I think they match up well against everyone else out west.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1
    why not take seriously?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,841
    I think the Hawks comparison is just lazy. It's somewhere in between them and the Pistons that beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. We are just better than that Hawks team. I mean two of their "All-Stars" were Jeff Teague and Korver who wouldn't even be close to starters on this Jazz team. Millsap and Horford were nice but Gobert is better than either of them were. Don't think we're as good as that Piston squad. Billups, Rip, Sheed, and Big Ben.....that's a ****ing stacked team even if there isn't a "super star". Prince was a helluva player too. I do think it's funny hearing people say how the Clippers are in another league even though they lost to the exact same team in the playoffs last year in the exact same fashion. I still think a healthy Lakers team is the one to beat in the West. But the Jazz are doing what a team that hasn't been there before needs to do, win. Just part of the process. Get as high of a seed as possible and try to avoid the Lakers/Clippers until the WCF if you make it that far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •