Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131

    Is anyone taking the Jazz seriously?

    Currently best record in the league. Unselfish team. Good roster construction. Are they legit or is this just another team that looks good in the regular season and then loses to Lebron in the playoffs or the Nets in the finals?
    Last edited by statquo; 02-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    63,979
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

    I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

    I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,738
    You can bet your BALLS I'M TAKING THEM SERIOUSLY.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

    I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

    I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's exactly the team I was thinking about.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,094
    When Rudy Gobert is on the floor they should be taken very seriously. When Rudy Gobert is off the floor then not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,199
    I do not take them seriously. But no one can crap on their run, let them enjoy the regular season success. If it carriers over into the post season, awesome but i really do not think they even make the WCF, will depend on match-ups.

    They don't have those consistent go get you a bucket type of guys. If they make a finals run, its gonna have to be those Larry Brown Pistons type of run, imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,692
    Really really good season so far and credit to them.

    I ultimately think tho they run into the 4 seed defending champ Lakers in the second round.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,094
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I do not take them seriously. But no one can crap on their run, let them enjoy the regular season success. If it carriers over into the post season, awesome but i really do not think they even make the WCF, will depend on match-ups.

    They don't have those consistent go get you a bucket type of guys. If they make a finals run, its gonna have to be those Larry Brown Pistons type of run, imo.
    Didn't they have that one guy who kept on scoring 40+ points a game last post season?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    2,442
    They are having a great start to the season and looks in sync and playing with confidence. If I was a team meeting them in the playoffs I would take them very seriously. However, I don't see them go as far as WCF. They remind me of the Bucks last year. They looked virtually unbeatable the start of last season and looked primed to make it to the finals. We all know how that turned out. There has been plenty of teams with great record in the past who got bounced in the 1st round. only time will tell.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

    I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

    I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with everyone here that says they probably aren't title contenders, but they are so much better then that Hawks team. That team had a 5.4 point differential in a really crappy east. This Jazz team has a 10.1 point differential and has played the toughest strength of schedule in the league so far(even if thats exaggerated as quite a few of the really tough games had people sitting out). Also that teams best perimeter player was Jeff Teague who would be this teams 4th guard. I think a better comparison would be Buds current team the bucks from the past few years who destroyed the regular season, but in the playoffs just walled off Giannis. Well in the Playoffs for us its just going to be switching every pick and roll and forcing Donovan, Conley and Clarkson to create everything and completely neutralizing Gobert's rim running.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Didn't they have that one guy who kept on scoring 40+ points a game last post season?
    Led to a first round exit, no?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,259
    Yes, for four reasons:
    1. Mike Conley is finally the guy they thought they were getting when they acquired him.
    2. Mitchell is the best version of himself we've seen so far.
    3. This is the first elite offensive version of this team we've ever seen. They're insane from beyond the arc and have finally paired their elite defense (2nd in DRtg) with an elite offense (3rd in DRtg).
    4. The West is good, but there is no dominant superstar team out there to be afraid of until the Lakers prove otherwise.

    If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant regular season. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 02-25-2021 at 03:12 PM.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes, for four reasons:
    1. Mike Conley is finally the guy they thought they were getting when they acquired him.
    2. Mitchell is the best version of himself we've seen so far.
    3. This is the first elite offensive version of this team we've ever seen. They're insane from beyond the arc and have finally paired their elite defense (2nd in DRtg) with an elite offense (3rd in DRtg).
    4. The West is good, but there is no dominant superstar team out there to be afraid of until the Lakers prove otherwise.

    If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant postseason. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    I just feel like teams like this thrive in the regular season setting. Then when they're in a 7 game series, being game planned for, no back to backs, less travel. Just gonna have to prove Spyda or Clarkson can efficiently and consistently go get a bucket, when it counts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,171
    lol, I dont even take this league seriously, I basically just watch to gamble and even that is in significant decline now. Im not making any playoff type bets until way, WAYYY later

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,216
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes, for four reasons:
    1. Mike Conley is finally the guy they thought they were getting when they acquired him.
    2. Mitchell is the best version of himself we've seen so far.
    3. This is the first elite offensive version of this team we've ever seen. They're insane from beyond the arc and have finally paired their elite defense (2nd in DRtg) with an elite offense (3rd in DRtg).
    4. The West is good, but there is no dominant superstar team out there to be afraid of until the Lakers prove otherwise.

    If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant regular season. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    Helps the Jazz don't have to play the rockets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •