Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is anyone taking the Jazz seriously?

Currently best record in the league. Unselfish team. Good roster construction. Are they legit or is this just another team that looks good in the regular season and then loses to Lebron in the playoffs or the Nets in the finals?
    Last edited by statquo; 02-25-2021 at 11:31 AM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can bet your BALLS I'M TAKING THEM SERIOUSLY.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard someone on NBA Radio say Demarre Carrol said the Jazz are the 60-win Hawks team.

I think they are good, should be respected, but ultimately will come up short in a 7 game series.

I think they are really well set up based on lack of roster turnover so thereís an ease to jumping into the season and going that some other teams didnít have.

That's exactly the team I was thinking about.

The Lost Boys of PSD

When Rudy Gobert is on the floor they should be taken very seriously. When Rudy Gobert is off the floor then not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I do not take them seriously. But no one can crap on their run, let them enjoy the regular season success. If it carriers over into the post season, awesome but i really do not think they even make the WCF, will depend on match-ups.

They don't have those consistent go get you a bucket type of guys. If they make a finals run, its gonna have to be those Larry Brown Pistons type of run, imo.

Really really good season so far and credit to them.

I ultimately think tho they run into the 4 seed defending champ Lakers in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I do not take them seriously. But no one can crap on their run, let them enjoy the regular season success. If it carriers over into the post season, awesome but i really do not think they even make the WCF, will depend on match-ups.

They don't have those consistent go get you a bucket type of guys. If they make a finals run, its gonna have to be those Larry Brown Pistons type of run, imo.
    Didn't they have that one guy who kept on scoring 40+ points a game last post season?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

They are having a great start to the season and looks in sync and playing with confidence. If I was a team meeting them in the playoffs I would take them very seriously. However, I don't see them go as far as WCF. They remind me of the Bucks last year. They looked virtually unbeatable the start of last season and looked primed to make it to the finals. We all know how that turned out. There has been plenty of teams with great record in the past who got bounced in the 1st round. only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I agree with everyone here that says they probably aren't title contenders, but they are so much better then that Hawks team. That team had a 5.4 point differential in a really crappy east. This Jazz team has a 10.1 point differential and has played the toughest strength of schedule in the league so far(even if thats exaggerated as quite a few of the really tough games had people sitting out). Also that teams best perimeter player was Jeff Teague who would be this teams 4th guard. I think a better comparison would be Buds current team the bucks from the past few years who destroyed the regular season, but in the playoffs just walled off Giannis. Well in the Playoffs for us its just going to be switching every pick and roll and forcing Donovan, Conley and Clarkson to create everything and completely neutralizing Gobert's rim running.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Didn't they have that one guy who kept on scoring 40+ points a game last post season?
    Led to a first round exit, no?

Yes, for four reasons:
    1. Mike Conley is finally the guy they thought they were getting when they acquired him.
    2. Mitchell is the best version of himself we've seen so far.
    3. This is the first elite offensive version of this team we've ever seen. They're insane from beyond the arc and have finally paired their elite defense (2nd in DRtg) with an elite offense (3rd in DRtg).
    4. The West is good, but there is no dominant superstar team out there to be afraid of until the Lakers prove otherwise.

If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant regular season. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 02-25-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes, for four reasons:
    1. Mike Conley is finally the guy they thought they were getting when they acquired him.
    3. This is the first elite offensive version of this team we've ever seen. They're insane from beyond the arc and have finally paired their elite defense (2nd in DRtg) with an elite offense (3rd in DRtg).
    4. The West is good, but there is no dominant superstar team out there to be afraid of until the Lakers prove otherwise.

If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant postseason. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    I just feel like teams like this thrive in the regular season setting. Then when they're in a 7 game series, being game planned for, no back to backs, less travel. Just gonna have to prove Spyda or Clarkson can efficiently and consistently go get a bucket, when it counts.

lol, I dont even take this league seriously, I basically just watch to gamble and even that is in significant decline now. Im not making any playoff type bets until way, WAYYY later

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yes, for four reasons:

If the Clippers finally reach their potential or Davis comes back healthy and the Lakers look like the team of last year, maybe the Jazz will get bounced despite a dominant regular season. But this conference is more open than it's been in years, and they should be taken seriously until proven otherwise.
    Helps the Jazz don't have to play the rockets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast