Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Another thing I was called ridiculous for on here. Knox absolutely cannot guard NBA 3s. 4s who knows but I never really saw him as a small forward.

The unfortunate reality is heís likely just a tweener. Even though itís now ďpositionless basketballĒ thatís also not totally accurate and heís the perfect example of a guy where itís what position do you put him in to maximize him.
    100%

Heís not quick enough to guard the faster, agile guys. And not strong enough to guard others. Iíd think he has a better chance against the bigger guy, than the faster guy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    100%

Heís not quick enough to guard the faster, agile guys. And not strong enough to guard others. Iíd think he has a better chance against the bigger guy, than the faster guy
    Yeah... he just needs to continue to improve his three ball game (which he has the toolbox to do). If he can be a sort of Bullock type from three that would go a long way for him. He has good form on his three ball and Iím confident in his shot when he puts it up but imo that should be his focus, just becoming a true sniper.

He can be dangerous in transition but we are not a fast break team unfortunately.

Yeah... he just needs to continue to improve his three ball game (which he has the toolbox to do). If he can be a sort of Bullock type from three that would go a long way for him. He has good form on his three ball and Iím confident in his shot when he puts it up but imo that should be his focus, just becoming a true sniper.

He can be dangerous in transition but we are not a fast break team unfortunately.
    He's lanky and long, reminds me of trevor ariza but it's baffling why he can't move laterally to guard 3's...if he bulks up he will be better at guarding 4's but I'll never forget Zion straight bodying him and ripping the ball from his hands and laying him on his *** in summer league 2019.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    He's lanky and long, reminds me of trevor ariza but it's baffling why he can't move laterally to guard 3's...if he bulks up he will be better at guarding 4's but I'll never forget Zion straight bodying him and ripping the ball from his hands and laying him on his *** in summer league 2019.
    Heís a bad defender regardless imo. We had this conversation on here a while ago. I looked at starting EC SF and PF. I honestly didnít like the idea of Knoxs guarding most any them but the PF match ups were worse imo. He also canít dribble. If you play at the 4 you probably do have a ball handler at the 3 so thatís nice. I think Knox is just a one trick pony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís a bad defender regardless imo. We had this conversation on here a while ago. I looked at starting EC SF and PF. I honestly didnít like the idea of Knoxs guarding most any them but the PF match ups were worse imo. He also canít dribble. If you play at the 4 you probably do have a ball handler at the 3 so thatís nice. I think Knox is just a one trick pony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed which is why for him I think the focus is just become an absolute sniper. If Iím Knicks development staff thatís priority number 1 2 3 & 4 with him

Agreed which is why for him I think the focus is just become an absolute sniper. If Iím Knicks development staff thatís priority number 1 2 3 & 4 with him
    He's pretty close to that already. But even snipers need to learn how to not be team killers on defense. I think that will always be Knox's problem. Just a general lack of awareness and motor that sabotages team defensive possessions over and over. He's gotta make the right rotations and all that stuff. That's always been his biggest issue. He's lost out there more often than not. Teams will go find a shooter who can grasp the sets and concepts before they play Knox cause he can shoot from the corner. Knox's path was always being an all-levels scorer not just a sniper. There are too many snipers who don't kill you on defense for Knox to get heavy burn on any team.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    He's pretty close to that already. But even snipers need to learn how to not be team killers on defense. I think that will always be Knox's problem. Just a general lack of awareness and motor that sabotages team defensive possessions over and over. He's gotta make the right rotations and all that stuff. That's always been his biggest issue. He's lost out there more often than not. Teams will go find a shooter who can grasp the sets and concepts before they play Knox cause he can shoot from the corner. Knox's path was always being an all-levels scorer not just a sniper. There are too many snipers who don't kill you on defense for Knox to get heavy burn on any team.
    Yep I hear you. Heís frustrating. I still have hope for him but youíre right, he does all too often look very lost on defense, like he just doesnít really grasp the concepts, 5 guys on a string, rotations etc... heís young so hopefully he figures it out but right now I donít really see a consistent role for him in game situations.

Going back to Payton a moment... I really do hope we just move him really. Iíd take a 2nd rounder for him today if we could get that.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If players like reddick, korver and Novak can make careers off being snipers with bad defense then I'm sure knox could...but he has to hit 40% or higher. He's so daggone athletic man...he can finish off the fast break, but that all I see he may be good for.
    Last edited by rpgmaster86; 02-26-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I also think Knox should start games at SF and Bullock should finish games. Bullock is spent at the end of games when we need his defense the most. Come holla at me Thibs I'll have your rotations tight...

Rose / Quick (30 minutes minimum)
    RJ (size advantage at SG) / Frank
    Knox / Burks / Bullock (use all 3)
    Julius / Obi
    Mitch / Noel

Just a small tweak using 11 players keeps everyone fresh plus Frank, Burks, Bullock and Knox are interchangeable in a lot of situations. We have to play better with this upcoming schedule to stay in the playoff hunt.
    I agree with what you said about the Kings having more talent. Walton is in over his head as a HC, IMO.

I disagree about knox though. I see him as a player who almost acts like he doesn't care. Obvioiusly he cares, my point is that if RJ Barrett was inside his head, the man would be starting because he earned it. Barrett is still just a puppy, and his killer instinct is what will end up making him a star in this league. Remember last season he couldnt even hit a free throw? Now he is hitting 3 pointers with ease.

Kevin Knox would score 20 points a night in a system like the Kings, I just do not think he is a winning type player.

Call Julius and get on the Randle workout plan

Knox wonít be here. We donít have to worry about what he is. I think he was given to short of a leash here heís better than obi at the moment but it is what it is.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If players like reddick, korver and Novak can make careers off being snipers with bad defense then I'm sure knox could...but he has to hit 40% or higher. He's so daggone athletic man...he can finish off the fast break, but that all I see he may be good for.
    He has to be tougher out there, He just seems so passive.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Knox wonít be here. We donít have to worry about what he is. I think he was given to short of a leash here heís better than obi at the moment but it is what it is.
    Obi has the temperament to be a complete animal in the NBA.

That will never fly in Thibs system. You don't defend...you don't play

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    You think he's better than Obi? I don't think so. I think we need to run more plays for Obi...
    Obi is shooting the 3 pretty well for his size, he's more aggressive with the ball in his hands, better finisher at the rim and playing decent defense.

If you had play a pick up game you choosin Knox over Obi????

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast