Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 287
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think it appears to many Rose fits better with the starting unit, the question is Thibs?
    I hope so. As I definitely think IQ functions better in an on-ball role

  2. #197
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    50,633
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís not about him starting, finishing, whatever. Or even he needs 30 minutes every night. All Iím saying, the guy is cooking, thereís no way he only gets 20 minutes, and sits the whole 3rd quarter
    Cooking? He played well with his unit, that doesn't correlate that he'd do what Rose did in his 28 min? Rose was 7-11 with 6 assists and gave many more good looks and played well on both ends.
    so how do you take Rose out with that unit?

    RJ was 5-8 yet Burks had it going and RJ got 25 minutes should Burks have played less than 25 min?

    bullocks min got cut to 20 yet he was still 4-8.

    Sometimes I think we all over do this minutes thing and point to Thibs, what you see other fans see differently and how is a coach supposed to be right to all fans? Frank got 23 min did you see that coming? Thibs had a feel and went with it.

    say this much he kept Rivers on the bench now didn't he?

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Cooking? He played well with his unit, that doesn't correlate that he'd do what Rose did in his 28 min? Rose was 7-11 with 6 assists and gave many more good looks and played well on both ends.
    so how do you take Rose out with that unit?

    RJ was 5-8 yet Burks had it going and RJ got 25 minutes should Burks have played less than 25 min?

    bullocks min got cut to 20 yet he was still 4-8.

    Sometimes I think we all over do this minutes thing and point to Thibs, what you see other fans see differently and how is a coach supposed to be right to all fans? Frank got 23 min did you see that coming? Thibs had a feel and went with it.

    say this much he kept Rivers on the bench now didn't he?
    Youíre kidding, right? IQ had 18 points in 10 minutes in the first half. That qualifies

    So all Iím saying, Rose wasnít killing it in the 3rd. No reason IQ wasnít back in there for at least 3-4 minutes of the 3rd

    You also mention Burks. He was only hot in the 4th, so he had no bearing on the rest of the game

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,856
    I thought it was one of the few games where I felt the Knicks were in control of the game at all times.

    Starting Derrick Rose was not just the right move, it was the only move. As a veteran Rose has competed on all levels. If not for the fact, he blew out his knee, he might have made the NBA Finals. He's a humbled former superstar. He's been through the ringer with highes/lows, which is what makes him a good teammate.

    Six Knicks in double figures. The team shot 56.8% from the field. Something positive to say about everyone.

    1. Frank Ntilikina brilliant 3 steals, all in transition but my very favorite was his strip on the Fox one of the quickest players in the league.

    2. Obi Toppin never looked happier on the court. He was throwing his body all over the court, scrapping for a loose ball. His dunk electrified the crowd.

    3. Burks and Quickley unloaded 24 and 25 pts respectively.

    4. Kevin Knox scored 3 pts in 3 min.

    The Knicks quietly win games. They're not serious contenders yet but these guys enjoy playing with each other. Culture and character of this franchise has effectively changed.

    Where they go next will be interesting.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Cooking? He played well with his unit, that doesn't correlate that he'd do what Rose did in his 28 min? Rose was 7-11 with 6 assists and gave many more good looks and played well on both ends.
    so how do you take Rose out with that unit?

    RJ was 5-8 yet Burks had it going and RJ got 25 minutes should Burks have played less than 25 min?

    bullocks min got cut to 20 yet he was still 4-8.

    Sometimes I think we all over do this minutes thing and point to Thibs, what you see other fans see differently and how is a coach supposed to be right to all fans? Frank got 23 min did you see that coming? Thibs had a feel and went with it.

    say this much he kept Rivers on the bench now didn't he?
    Lol. Quickley thoroughly outplayed Rose. At one point, he had 25 points on like 7 shots!

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    36,804
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I get thatís how Thibs works. Which is what Iíve disliked about him. And disliked about this ďcompetingĒ we are doing. Play Frank, play Knox, hell, could have played DSJ, see what they have.

    Win games with them, awesome. They totally suck, fine, put them back on the bench. But either way, enjoying the games. Just not my preference. I will say this, if I never see Payton again, Iíd be perfectly fine with that. Also, again donít get icing Quick

    But Iíve been trying to keep up positivity. Mini rant over
    Knox got a long look this year and played his way off the court. We were begging him to get benched in the game threads. DSJ also got a look. Frank situation has been weird, I honestly don't know how much time he's missed because of injury vs DNP. But I like his fit next to IQ.

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If Payton sits a couple more maybe the rotation changes. I donít think Frank pressuring and playing a decent floor game while everyone else goes nuts last night will force Payton out.

    With the all star break looming and Payton injury history I wouldnít be surprised if he gets that look




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think it has that much to do with individual players i.e. Frank > Payton, it's moreso a domino effect and seeing how the units played together. I think Thibs would put Rose in front of Payton as a starter, Rose is his guy, that's not a huge demotion or a surprise. I think the way the first unit scored yesterday is enough for him to make that move. Then if you make that move, you can't deny what IQ did yesterday either. So if Thibs believes Rose is the starting PG and IQ is the backup PG, I could see him making Payton situational and sticking with Frank as a complimentary guard. Those two units really flowed yesterday, Thibs clearly gave Frank a very long look and liked what he saw. He subbed him in early and kept him in late. I don't think it's impossible to think he keeps rolling with these two units to see if they can string together a few games. Whether or not they keep Payton on the injury report to allow them to do that IDK, but I think it's a strong possibility we see the same two units next game.

    I think the real question is going to be does Thibs see the offensive explosion last night as a reason to keep rolling with these lineups or look at the 120 points they gave up as a reason to get Payton back in there to control tempo and play defense.

    Everyone was shocked when Rivers was benched over IQ after the Rose trade (I wasn't). I don't think Thibs is that unreasonable and I don't think he plays favorites as much as people think in terms of playing time. I think he wants to win, so if he thinks rolling with these lineups will give them the best chance to win I think he'll do it.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 02-26-2021 at 10:04 AM.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Knox got a long look this year and played his way off the court. We were begging him to get benched in the game threads. DSJ also got a look. Frank situation has been weird, I honestly don't know how much time he's missed because of injury vs DNP. But I like his fit next to IQ.
    Knox at least got a decent chance, although I donít think he was all bad. DSJ played all of 3 games, 2 for like 5 minutes or less. That doesnít count. Also think Obi in the times he looked ok, got a quick hook.

    I get what youíre saying, but I just think it should have been a bit more of a priority

  8. #203
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,897
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Knox at least got a decent chance, although I donít think he was all bad. DSJ played all of 3 games, 2 for like 5 minutes or less. That doesnít count. Also think Obi in the times he looked ok, got a quick hook.

    I get what youíre saying, but I just think it should have been a bit more of a priority
    I mean Knox still struggles with lateral movement defensively. That's his biggest issue. DSJ isn't even doing much on Detroit either...clearly he is who he is, dallas, NY and soon detroit will pass on him. But hopefully it will make him hungrier. That's the point, when you don't get playing time, you get so hungry to get better that when you finally get that opportunity you show out...that's what Frank did last night.

    The Knicks are BACK...part 2

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    431
    Such an enjoyable and fun win! Especially against this team cause of Fox trolling us during the draft lottery! How can a player who plays in SACRAMENTO troll or laugh at anyone??

    So wish Burks can do this more consistently cause this is exactly what we need. A guy who can give us 20 with a large chunk of it from the perimeter.

    And as much I don't to admit it cause I cannot stand his irrational stans, Ntilikina played solid. But we've seen this before so I'm never going to get fooled. He plays well like once a month and the rest of the time he's awful or he's injured. But I am hoping Thibs finds some minutes over the next month for both Ntilikina and Knox to increase their value.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I mean Knox still struggles with lateral movement defensively. That's his biggest issue. DSJ isn't even doing much on Detroit either...clearly he is who he is, dallas, NY and soon detroit will pass on him. But hopefully it will make him hungrier. That's the point, when you don't get playing time, you get so hungry to get better that when you finally get that opportunity you show out...that's what Frank did last night.
    DSJ actually has had some solid games.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    36,804
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Knox at least got a decent chance, although I donít think he was all bad. DSJ played all of 3 games, 2 for like 5 minutes or less. That doesnít count. Also think Obi in the times he looked ok, got a quick hook.

    I get what youíre saying, but I just think it should have been a bit more of a priority
    DSJ was unplayable every time he stepped on the court for 2 seasons for us. He didnít need a longer look.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,897
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    DSJ actually has had some solid games.
    meh, too far and few and never dug his heels in defensively. You knew that wasn't gonna fly when we hired Thibs.

    The Knicks are BACK...part 2

  13. #208
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,897
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Such an enjoyable and fun win! Especially against this team cause of Fox trolling us during the draft lottery! How can a player who plays in SACRAMENTO troll or laugh at anyone??

    So wish Burks can do this more consistently cause this is exactly what we need. A guy who can give us 20 with a large chunk of it from the perimeter.

    And as much I don't to admit it cause I cannot stand his irrational stans, Ntilikina played solid. But we've seen this before so I'm never going to get fooled. He plays well like once a month and the rest of the time he's awful or he's injured. But I am hoping Thibs finds some minutes over the next month for both Ntilikina and Knox to increase their value.
    This is key and I think a big reason why Thibs put Frank in the game. Teams already know Austin Rivers game...in winnable games we need to showcase frank and Knox to raise their value. When Knox hit that 3 from the corner with a minute left in the game I was pumped because it means hes been staying ready and hopefully other teams see that and get intrigued.

    The Knicks are BACK...part 2

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    meh, too far and few and never dug his heels in defensively. You knew that wasn't gonna fly when we hired Thibs.
    I feel like he played with a lil more energy this year for us. His decision making was terrible tho. Don't think he was unplayable. Just no more then 12 mins lol

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,254
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Youíre kidding, right? IQ had 18 points in 10 minutes in the first half. That qualifies

    So all Iím saying, Rose wasnít killing it in the 3rd. No reason IQ wasnít back in there for at least 3-4 minutes of the 3rd

    You also mention Burks. He was only hot in the 4th, so he had no bearing on the rest of the game
    You donít get it cause youíre not at the practices. Stilla runs Knicks practices so he just sees stuff we donít

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •