Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    What a feel good game against a team that beat us already.

Knicks aren't good enough to say they should win any game especially against a team with that amount of top notch talent. Luke Walton should be fired tonight. At least the Twolves took us down to the wire.
    Top notch talent? Fox is their best player and he isnít anything amazing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Rose fits well with the starters. Really think Frank earned another shot. Payton stinks and takes dumb *** shots. He also takes to many shots. Let Frank play next to Quickley. Also props to Taj. He played well last few games
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Quite frankly
    Ntickley

Iíll admit Frank played well last night. He didnít look like a deer in headlights and played with confidence. Rose has to be our starter going forward, even if he has a bad night he looks to create for others and meshes well with Randle, and is more of a scoring threat. This was the plan all along.

Itís gonna come down to: does Thibs have it in him to bench Payton like he did with Rivers?

Frank played, over Rivers, so obviously Rivers saying he heard rumors is no lie, and his dad would tell him what is happening around the league as well. Speaking of his dad he is saying they need a wing player for the stretch, hmmmmm.

Frank did oK, he had some moments but he got beat, and i actually thought IQ did the best job when he did cover Fox, i'm liking this kid on both ends of the court.

If Payton isn't traded then sadly we see him play, but Rose needs to start, he don't need 25+ min but he just sets up the players much better, Payton can then take the Frank roll and play with the second unit if Thibs feels he has to play which we all know is yes.

I think Rose is the only player that Thibs will use to replace Payton at this point, but he's not just going to abandon him to the bench.

Maybe some scouts were at the game, because this much i think is reality, Knicks are not paying Frank over 8m so that means he's a UFA and Frank isn't staying here. I think even the biggest of all Frank Fans would have to understand that, I know I wouldn't stay here everything being equal, time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Itís gonna come down to: does Thibs have it in him to bench Payton like he did with Rivers?
    Payton will play till he's traded, we saw Frank for one game and minutes, on offense let's all admit he sat in the corner, IQ and others didn't even look at him.

Payton will attack the rim and plays defense as well, coach will continue with the vet for those reasons. If i'm wrong great for Frank and see where this last opportunity will take him.

But damn IQ, Burks and Randle got us that win, Noel had good moments, Taj had good moments and look at that discussion lol, and I left out Rose started out 7-7 to even give us this conversation.

Hey Knox' shot looked great from the corner!!!!!!!! And Obi showed more improvement, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Payton will play till he's traded, we saw Frank for one game and minutes, on offense let's all admit he sat in the corner, IQ and others didn't even look at him.

Payton will attack the rim and plays defense as well, coach will continue with the vet for those reasons. If i'm wrong great for Frank and see where this last opportunity will take him.

But damn IQ, Burks and Randle got us that win, Noel had good moments, Taj had good moments and look at that discussion lol, and I left out Rose started out 7-7 to even give us this conversation.

Hey Knox' shot looked great from the corner!!!!!!!! And Obi showed more improvement, just saying.
    What improvement did Obi show? Barely even noticed he played. Frank was fine, he chipped in with some buckets, and he looked good out there. Iíve been wanting to see him out there, he 100% earned some minutes going forward IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    What improvement did Obi show? Barely even noticed he played. Frank was fine, he chipped in with some buckets, and he looked good out there. Iíve been wanting to see him out there, he 100% earned some minutes going forward IMO.
    didn't say he didn't did I? Read my post and try again please? I'm talking Thibs pulling Payton for Frank, good luck.

I said this way back when Knox was getting minutes behind RJ, they should try Frank there and see what happens, will coach take Bullocks out you think or Burks now? Will Rose not get 20+ minutes and will IQ's minutes decrease?

I've seen players who are 12th men come off the bench and score 30 and then sit again, yes Frank may have earned some minutes but the coach is pretty clear and it's situational, last night was prime example of situational.

Happy for the kid, he is truly one of the good guys in the league. But I'm also a realist and see how Thibs works.

didn't say he didn't did I? Read my post and try again please? I'm talking Thibs pulling Payton for Frank, good luck.

I said this way back when Knox was getting minutes behind RJ, they should try Frank there and see what happens, will coach take Bullocks out you think or Burks now? Will Rose not get 20+ minutes and will IQ's minutes decrease?

I've seen players who are 12th men come off the bench and score 30 and then sit again, yes Frank may have earned some minutes but the coach is pretty clear and it's situational, last night was prime example of situational.

Happy for the kid, he is truly one of the good guys in the league. But I'm also a realist and see how Thibs works.
    I get thatís how Thibs works. Which is what Iíve disliked about him. And disliked about this ďcompetingĒ we are doing. Play Frank, play Knox, hell, could have played DSJ, see what they have.

Win games with them, awesome. They totally suck, fine, put them back on the bench. But either way, enjoying the games. Just not my preference. I will say this, if I never see Payton again, Iíd be perfectly fine with that. Also, again donít get icing Quick

But Iíve been trying to keep up positivity. Mini rant over
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-26-2021 at 09:00 AM.

GT#33 Sacramento Kings (12-19) @ Muy Venerado Knicks (15-17): Clash of Kings?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If Payton sits a couple more maybe the rotation changes. I donít think Frank pressuring and playing a decent floor game while everyone else goes nuts last night will force Payton out.

With the all star break looming and Payton injury history I wouldnít be surprised if he gets that look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-26-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I get thatís how Thibs works. Which is what Iíve disliked about him. And disliked about this ďcompetingĒ we are doing. Play Frank, play Knox, hell, could have played DSJ, see what they have.

Win games with them, awesome. They totally suck, fine, put them back on the bench. But either way, enjoying the games. Just not my preference. I will say this, if I never see Payton again, Iíd be perfectly fine with that. Also, again donít get icing Quick
    Question you ever coach? How do we know that how Thibs is using IQ isn't bringing out the best? How do we know that if he used him in full capacity he wouldn't produce like this and maybe not develop?

We assume what we see is what we would see for 30+ min and sometimes you have to figure the coach and assistants who live and breath with these kids know more than we do on how to develop them.

Hey some may get it wrong, but we just don't know if say IQ started last night for Rose we win or he plays well, I know you don't care about winning, some of us think enjoying the games is hard when your losing all the time though?

Toppin? He played 17 min he moved well last night IMO, that break from Frank to Toppin was really nice? He was moving on defense that much I noticed.

And how about the Knicks finally having players making FT's damn, Rose and Burks and IQ just don't miss, nice to have that and others like Randle and RJ have really picked it ups this year.,

To me it appeared as if the offense played more loose and worry free with Rose at the point. He brings that calming vet presence and mvp pedigree...Randle looked a little looser as well. That wasnít factored in as a positive reason to trade for him initially and now we see what he can do as a starter. He played a lot of mins but he looked good. Tomorrow and Sunday will be a real litmus test against better teams.

Imagine if we had a bona fide legit starting point guard...smh

Question you ever coach? How do we know that how Thibs is using IQ isn't bringing out the best? How do we know that if he used him in full capacity he wouldn't produce like this and maybe not develop?

We assume what we see is what we would see for 30+ min and sometimes you have to figure the coach and assistants who live and breath with these kids know more than we do on how to develop them.

Hey some may get it wrong, but we just don't know if say IQ started last night for Rose we win or he plays well, I know you don't care about winning, some of us think enjoying the games is hard when your losing all the time though?

Toppin? He played 17 min he moved well last night IMO, that break from Frank to Toppin was really nice? He was moving on defense that much I noticed.

And how about the Knicks finally having players making FT's damn, Rose and Burks and IQ just don't miss, nice to have that and others like Randle and RJ have really picked it ups this year.,
    Itís not about him starting, finishing, whatever. Or even he needs 30 minutes every night. All Iím saying, the guy is cooking, thereís no way he only gets 20 minutes, and sits the whole 3rd quarter

And itís not ďI donít care about winningĒ. Of course I want the team to do well. But sometimes, itís how you do it, not the end result. I get thatís a subjective thing, some people agree, some donít. Iím not asking for it to be chiseled in stone who plays how much and when. But we see Thibs riding vets even when they play like ***. Give some more minutes to the young guys, see what they got. Itís a moot point now, as that time has passed.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-26-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    To me it appeared as if the offense played more loose and worry free with Rose at the point. He brings that calming vet presence and mvp pedigree...Randle looked a little looser as well. That wasnít factored in as a positive reason to trade for him initially and now we see what he can do as a starter. He played a lot of mins but he looked good. Tomorrow and Sunday will be a real litmus test against better teams.

Imagine if we had a bona fide legit starting point guard...smh
    I think it appears to many Rose fits better with the starting unit, the question is Thibs?

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast