Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 208
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338

    Knicks executive World Wide Wes is trying to steer Bradley Beal out of Washington

    Knicks top executive World Wide Wes is reportedly recruiting Bradley Beal to the Knicks through backchannels.

    ESPN radio host Michael Kay, who works for the station that broadcasts Knicks games, cited a ďvery good sourceĒ while dropping the news on his show last week.

    ďThe Knicks have World Wide Wes on their side,Ē Kay said. ďAnd heís been in the ear of some of Bealís people and heís kind of nudging them that this might be a time to push for a trade.Ē


    World Wide Wes, whose real name is William Wesley, was hired by the Knicks in June to work with his longtime associate Leon Rose. Itís Wesleyís first official job with an NBA team after decades as a behind-the-scenes power broker who leveraged relationships into influence. World Wide Wes, who has James Dolanís ear, is an animated figure on the sidelines this season, both on the road and at MSG, but has never spoken publicly.

    Beal, who leads the league in scoring, has been resolute in his public desire to remain with the Wizards despite their abysmal record over the last three seasons. The 27-year-oldís personal success combined with his teamís failures has prompted belief around the NBA that thereís at least potential for a deal before next season.

    Bealís contract is guaranteed next season at $34.5 million. Acquiring him in a trade would require a haul, with a GM assessing his market to the Daily News at three first-round picks, two pick swaps, a young player and an expiring contract.

    The Knicks are interested in Beal, a source confirmed, and in general are open to trading assets to acquire a star player. They have $15 million in cap space that will disappear if itís not used before the trade deadline, along with five first-round picks over the next three years.


    The Knicks have been linked to other potential trade targets in various reports, including Zach LaVine in Chicago, Victor Oladipo in Houston and Lonzo Ball in New Orleans. A source said theyíre also monitoring Portlandís CJ McCollum, who is rehabbing from a broken foot and still has about $100 million guaranteed over three years after this season.

    The Blazers (18-10) have played well since McCollumís injury, with shooting-guard replacement Gary Trent Jr. rising to the occasion. But itís unclear if Portland is willing to deal McCollum.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...vma-story.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,753
    Writing an article about it isnít helping the matter...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338
    Seems clear to me that the Knicks are positioning themselves to make a big trade sooner rather than later. I really think we should just go get Beal. We have the assets to make it happen. Adding more young players to the mix doesnít guarantee the future will be any brighter, and using our picks poorly will actually set us back. We seem to have a nice young core in place at the moment.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338

    Knicks executive World Wide Wes is trying to steer Bradley Beal out of Washington

    So based on that article, maybe something like Obi, Burks, Payton, both 1sts this year, Dallas 1st 2023, pick swap 2022 and 2024.

    Mitch/Noel
    Randle/Knox
    RJ/Bullock
    Beal/Rivers
    Quickley/Rose

    This is where the KP trade saves us from mortgaging our future. Weíd only be giving up our own mid-late 1st and 2 potential pick swaps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,626
    The tidbit about CJ is interesting. Maybe Portlandís play is to trade him for parts/assets and lock up GTJ.

    Go get em WWW. If Rob Pelinka can do it Rose and WWW should damn well be able to.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,523
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The tidbit about CJ is interesting. Maybe Portlandís play is to trade him for parts/assets and lock up GTJ.

    Go get em WWW. If Rob Pelinka can do it Rose and WWW should damn well be able to.
    McCollum is interesting. I mean I donít love the contract, but I guess itís not crazy, considering what guys get these days

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The tidbit about CJ is interesting. Maybe Portlandís play is to trade him for parts/assets and lock up GTJ.

    Go get em WWW. If Rob Pelinka can do it Rose and WWW should damn well be able to.
    Yeah I think Portland will shop him. Heís never been a great fit with Lillard. GTJ has more size and is more off-ball than McCollum.

    McCollum largely solves our shooting woes as he is one of the best shooters in the NBA, but he is a little older (turning 30 in September). Not sure what itíll take to get him, but having CJ for 2 more years after this season is pretty nice. He was putting up pretty insane numbers before getting hurt earlier on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,626
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I think Portland will shop him. Heís never been a great fit with Lillard. GTJ has more size and is more off-ball than McCollum.

    McCollum largely solves our shooting woes as he is one of the best shooters in the NBA, but he is a little older (turning 30 in September). Not sure what itíll take to get him, but having CJ for 2 more years after this season is pretty nice. He was putting up pretty insane numbers before getting hurt earlier on.
    What do you think Portland would want? Where I see Washington being OK mostly with picks, Portland wants to contend. I would think they would want less picks and more contributors vs what a Washington deal would look like. They need to keep Lillard happy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    What do you think Portland would want? Where I see Washington being OK mostly with picks, Portland wants to contend. I would think they would want less picks and more contributors vs what a Washington deal would look like. They need to keep Lillard happy.
    Package centered around Obidiah lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,221

    Knicks executive World Wide Wes is trying to steer Bradley Beal out of Washington

    Idk, I think Portland might like there backcourt maybe we could look to get in on the kid Simons who lit us up when we went to Portland. He is 21 and may have limited opportunity there

    I'll give Kevin Knox and a 2nd in a heart beat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-20-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Idk, I think Portland might like there backcourt maybe we could look to get in on the kid Simons who lit us up when we went to Portland. He is 21 and may have limited opportunity there

    I'll give Kevin Knox and a 2nd in a heart beat


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah one of Simons, GTJ, or CJ should be available. They wonít be able to pay them all.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,221
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah one of Simons, GTJ, or CJ should be available. They wonít be able to pay them all.
    Simons is my new target. I've seen him play about 3 times but come away hella impressed each time and I donít see a spot for him in Portland. If they made him available what do you think a prospect like that cost? Heís a 21 and a 6í3 shooting guard so he is kind of small but he shooting over 42% from 3 on 5 attempts in only 17 mins a game (these can't be all wide open looks) and scoring 9 a night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,626
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah one of Simons, GTJ, or CJ should be available. They wonít be able to pay them all.
    It actually makes a lot of sense for them to trade CJ and try to keep the other guys for cheaper. Wonder if some of our vets + Drummond + 2 firsts would entice Portland in a 3 way. Knicks get McCollum, Cavs get Knox, Portland gets Drummond, Burks, Frank DAL picks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    37,626
    For the record Iím not sure how I feel about CJ at his age Iím just going by the rumor in the article.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Simons is my new target. I've seen him play about 3 times but come away hella impressed each time and I donít see a spot for him in Portland. If they made him available what do you think a prospect like that cost? Heís a 21 and a 6í3 shooting guard so he is kind of small but he shooting over 42% from 3 on 5 attempts in only 17 mins a game (these can't be all wide open looks) and scoring 9 a night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít see them having any need to deal him yet. Not even to RFA

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •