Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Knicks executive World Wide Wes is trying to steer Bradley Beal out of Washington

Knicks top executive World Wide Wes is reportedly recruiting Bradley Beal to the Knicks through backchannels.

ESPN radio host Michael Kay, who works for the station that broadcasts Knicks games, cited a ďvery good sourceĒ while dropping the news on his show last week.

ďThe Knicks have World Wide Wes on their side,Ē Kay said. ďAnd heís been in the ear of some of Bealís people and heís kind of nudging them that this might be a time to push for a trade.Ē

World Wide Wes, whose real name is William Wesley, was hired by the Knicks in June to work with his longtime associate Leon Rose. Itís Wesleyís first official job with an NBA team after decades as a behind-the-scenes power broker who leveraged relationships into influence. World Wide Wes, who has James Dolanís ear, is an animated figure on the sidelines this season, both on the road and at MSG, but has never spoken publicly.

Beal, who leads the league in scoring, has been resolute in his public desire to remain with the Wizards despite their abysmal record over the last three seasons. The 27-year-oldís personal success combined with his teamís failures has prompted belief around the NBA that thereís at least potential for a deal before next season.

Bealís contract is guaranteed next season at $34.5 million. Acquiring him in a trade would require a haul, with a GM assessing his market to the Daily News at three first-round picks, two pick swaps, a young player and an expiring contract.

The Knicks are interested in Beal, a source confirmed, and in general are open to trading assets to acquire a star player. They have $15 million in cap space that will disappear if itís not used before the trade deadline, along with five first-round picks over the next three years.

The Knicks have been linked to other potential trade targets in various reports, including Zach LaVine in Chicago, Victor Oladipo in Houston and Lonzo Ball in New Orleans. A source said theyíre also monitoring Portlandís CJ McCollum, who is rehabbing from a broken foot and still has about $100 million guaranteed over three years after this season.

The Blazers (18-10) have played well since McCollumís injury, with shooting-guard replacement Gary Trent Jr. rising to the occasion. But itís unclear if Portland is willing to deal McCollum.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...vma-story.html

Writing an article about it isnít helping the matter...

Seems clear to me that the Knicks are positioning themselves to make a big trade sooner rather than later. I really think we should just go get Beal. We have the assets to make it happen. Adding more young players to the mix doesnít guarantee the future will be any brighter, and using our picks poorly will actually set us back. We seem to have a nice young core in place at the moment.

Knicks executive World Wide Wes is trying to steer Bradley Beal out of Washington

So based on that article, maybe something like Obi, Burks, Payton, both 1sts this year, Dallas 1st 2023, pick swap 2022 and 2024.

Mitch/Noel
    Randle/Knox
    RJ/Bullock
    Beal/Rivers
    Quickley/Rose

This is where the KP trade saves us from mortgaging our future. Weíd only be giving up our own mid-late 1st and 2 potential pick swaps.

The tidbit about CJ is interesting. Maybe Portlandís play is to trade him for parts/assets and lock up GTJ.

Go get em WWW. If Rob Pelinka can do it Rose and WWW should damn well be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The tidbit about CJ is interesting. Maybe Portlandís play is to trade him for parts/assets and lock up GTJ.

Go get em WWW. If Rob Pelinka can do it Rose and WWW should damn well be able to.
    McCollum is interesting. I mean I donít love the contract, but I guess itís not crazy, considering what guys get these days

Yeah I think Portland will shop him. Heís never been a great fit with Lillard. GTJ has more size and is more off-ball than McCollum.

McCollum largely solves our shooting woes as he is one of the best shooters in the NBA, but he is a little older (turning 30 in September). Not sure what itíll take to get him, but having CJ for 2 more years after this season is pretty nice. He was putting up pretty insane numbers before getting hurt earlier on.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I think Portland will shop him. Heís never been a great fit with Lillard. GTJ has more size and is more off-ball than McCollum.

McCollum largely solves our shooting woes as he is one of the best shooters in the NBA, but he is a little older (turning 30 in September). Not sure what itíll take to get him, but having CJ for 2 more years after this season is pretty nice. He was putting up pretty insane numbers before getting hurt earlier on.
    What do you think Portland would want? Where I see Washington being OK mostly with picks, Portland wants to contend. I would think they would want less picks and more contributors vs what a Washington deal would look like. They need to keep Lillard happy.

What do you think Portland would want? Where I see Washington being OK mostly with picks, Portland wants to contend. I would think they would want less picks and more contributors vs what a Washington deal would look like. They need to keep Lillard happy.
    Package centered around Obidiah lol

Idk, I think Portland might like there backcourt maybe we could look to get in on the kid Simons who lit us up when we went to Portland. He is 21 and may have limited opportunity there

I'll give Kevin Knox and a 2nd in a heart beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-20-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Idk, I think Portland might like there backcourt maybe we could look to get in on the kid Simons who lit us up when we went to Portland. He is 21 and may have limited opportunity there

I'll give Kevin Knox and a 2nd in a heart beat

Yeah one of Simons, GTJ, or CJ should be available. They wonít be able to pay them all.

Yeah one of Simons, GTJ, or CJ should be available. They wonít be able to pay them all.
    Simons is my new target. I've seen him play about 3 times but come away hella impressed each time and I donít see a spot for him in Portland. If they made him available what do you think a prospect like that cost? Heís a 21 and a 6í3 shooting guard so he is kind of small but he shooting over 42% from 3 on 5 attempts in only 17 mins a game (these can't be all wide open looks) and scoring 9 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It actually makes a lot of sense for them to trade CJ and try to keep the other guys for cheaper. Wonder if some of our vets + Drummond + 2 firsts would entice Portland in a 3 way. Knicks get McCollum, Cavs get Knox, Portland gets Drummond, Burks, Frank DAL picks.

For the record Iím not sure how I feel about CJ at his age Iím just going by the rumor in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Simons is my new target. I've seen him play about 3 times but come away hella impressed each time and I donít see a spot for him in Portland. If they made him available what do you think a prospect like that cost? Heís a 21 and a 6í3 shooting guard so he is kind of small but he shooting over 42% from 3 on 5 attempts in only 17 mins a game (these can't be all wide open looks) and scoring 9 a night.

I donít see them having any need to deal him yet. Not even to RFA

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast