Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lowry had to learn what CP3 was born with, count the flops, Im sure CP3 beats him on that. And injuries kind of matter when discussing mileage but thats not really up to either player.
    Lowry was a born flopper. He just needed to learn how to sweet talk the refs. I may have worded my point on the injuries wrong. What I was getting at is that Lowry has a style of play that results in more injuries yet he's still durable. I could add it on to the "extra mileage" category too. Not so much anymore but in his younger Raptor days he'd attack the paint constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Lowry and Paul are actually good friends. And Lowry credits Paul for being a mentor to him through out his career. I think they both have a similar mentality in terms of approaching the game. Itís a great example of two guys who can still do it at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lowry and Paul are actually good friends. And Lowry credits Paul for being a mentor to him through out his career. I think they both have a similar mentality in terms of approaching the game. Itís a great example of two guys who can still do it at a high level.
    I was just thinking about whether Lowry has a shot at the Hall of Fame, and in my head, I thought his career compared favorably to Chauncey Billups. I pulled up Lowry's Hall of Fame probability on BR and was surprised to see how high it was (85.7%). The guy literally right below him on that list? Billups at 84.4%. Chauncey still hasn't gotten in (I think he's had a couple of chances?), but I do think he gets in one day.

I think Billups' case is slightly stronger because he has the Finals MVP, better individual accolades and superior postseason numbers, but Lowry having a ring with comparable regular season stats puts them on a similar playing field. If Billups gets in, I like Lowry's chances to have a shot.

Lowry is a sure fire HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I was just thinking about whether Lowry has a shot at the Hall of Fame, and in my head, I thought his career compared favorably to Chauncey Billups. I pulled up Lowry's Hall of Fame probability on BR and was surprised to see how high it was (85.7%). The guy literally right below him on that list? Billups at 84.4%. Chauncey still hasn't gotten in (I think he's had a couple of chances?), but I do think he gets in one day.

I think Billups' case is slightly stronger because he has the Finals MVP, better individual accolades and superior postseason numbers, but Lowry having a ring with comparable regular season stats puts them on a similar playing field. If Billups gets in, I like Lowry's chances to have a shot.
    Oh yeah, 6 x all star, 1x champion, gold medal, leads the franchise in almost every statistical category. I think heís a safe bet.

Crazy you bring up Billups, Toronto Sports media always draws that comparison. Guys that bounced around the league in the first few years then got their chance with Detroit & Toronto and eventually became champions with their respective teams. Even their games draw similarities.

I agree that Billups has the edge because he was the 1a or 1b option along with Hamilton. When Toronto won, Kawh was clearly the sole go to, first option on the team.

Ultimately I think both players are hofís
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-26-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123