Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Had a feeling some of you would name Bron but hes not really the same stature as CP3. Im being more literal than usual but Im relying on both classical definitions of the word stature, as in height and rep. Im not talking about 6"8 chiseled adonis' like Bron and Karl Malone, or 7 footers.

    Lowry is a good mention. Less miles on him but hes holding it down late too.
    One could argue there's even more mileage on Lowry. Being a starter for Dwane Casey while also being 1 of 2 players to do all the scoring definitely put some extra mileage on him. Lets not forget the guy leads the league in charges drawn basically every year. There's a reason why Raptor fans love the guy so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,578
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm aware of that. They did so well because it was the 1st time they had a real PG in almost a decade. His overall numbers were way worse than his norms though. If I say the reason why his numbers were so bad in Houston then it'll almost certainly cause a **** storm based off Rockets fans not being able to handle the truth.
    Who cares? Lowrys numbers went down when Kawhi was here too. Does that mean he was any lessor of a player?

    Harden isnít on any of my teams. Bash away. Have at it. But when you say things like ďcareers get way better once you leave HoustonĒ what sort of response are you expecting?

    And how did Paulís career get ďbetterĒ has he reached the conference finals since he was in Houston? What success has he had since being traded?

    Derozans numbers are much better in San Antonio, does that mean his career has gotten better? Because he had the most success in Toronto. You can say his game has improved sure, but his career hasnít gotten better.

    The closest Paul ever reached to post season success was in Houston.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Who cares? Lowrys numbers went down when Kawhi was here too. Does that mean he was any lessor of a player?

    Harden isnít on any of my teams. Bash away. Have at it. But when you say things like ďcareers get way better once you leave HoustonĒ what sort of response are you expecting?

    And how did Paulís career get ďbetterĒ has he reached the conference finals since he was in Houston? What success has he had since being traded?

    Derozans numbers are much better in San Antonio, does that mean his career has gotten better? Because he had the most success in Toronto. You can say his game has improved sure, but his career hasnít gotten better.

    The closest Paul ever reached to post season success was in Houston.
    I'm referring to both Kyle Lowry and CP3 as both of their careers got better once they left Houston.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,367
    It is interesting to see Paul playing at such a high level given that this is his fifth franchise, and he had a reputation for injuries once he hit his 30s. If you had told me three years ago that Paul would be on his third team in three years, first off I'd be depressed that he's not in Houston (which I am), but I'd be equally as shocked to see the numbers he's putting up at 35 for his third franchise over that time.

    When I think of elite all-time floor generals with longevity, Stockton is obviously the guy who comes to mind. He was never the scorer Paul was, but at his peak, he was at least at a 17/14 guy. By age 35, he was only playing 29 minutes a game and averaging 12/9 a night, albeit still at a hyper-efficient level. But that was expected of him, because he was an ironman who'd played 13 straight seasons of at least 78 games up to that point in his career.

    Paul, by contrast, has dealt with his injuries his whole career. But he somehow bucked the trend to stay healthy for the entirety of last season and is every bit as healthy this year. On top of that, he's still averaging 17 a night and doing so efficiently while still logging big minutes. I'm pleasantly surprised he's still playing at this level at this age given where his career seemed to be headed in his second season in Houston. Honestly, Phoenix is probably the team I'd most like to see win it all this year. Paul getting a ring and getting that unfair "postseason choker" label off his back would be glorious.


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,578
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm referring to both Kyle Lowry and CP3 as both of their careers got better once they left Houston.
    No you were being coy. What you said was very straight forward. But letís go ahead and surpass that because I can care less if you like Houston or not. Itís just childish. Imagine I came here and said, Chris Bosh is living proof that careers get better once leaving Toronto? It would be a dumb thing to say wouldnít it?

    But Iíll put it this way. Paulís career didnít get better. He got traded to the thunder who were eliminated in the first round, by who? You guessed it Houston. He then got traded again to PHX. I dunno if you expect the suns to get to the conference finals, but thatís how far Paul got with Houston. So no his career didnít get better.

    People determin a basketball career by the success the player achieves not simply the numbers he puts up on good teams vs bad teams. OKC overachieved with Paul but they were never a playoff threat by any means. Unless you consider a first round exit something special?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-25-2021 at 03:41 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No you were being coy. What you said was very straight forward. But letís go ahead and surpass that because I can care less if you like Houston or not. Itís just childish. Imagine I came here and said, Chris Bosh is living proof that careers get better once leaving Toronto? It would be a dumb thing to say wouldnít it?

    But Iíll put it this way. Paulís career didnít get better. He got traded to the thunder who were eliminated in the first round, by who? You guessed it Houston. He then got traded again to PHX. I dunno if you expect the suns to get to the conference finals, but thatís how far Paul got with Houston. So no his career didnít get better.

    People determin a basketball career by the success the player achieves not simply the numbers he puts up on good teams vs bad teams. OKC overachieved with Paul but they were never a playoff threat by any means. Unless you consider a first round exit something special?
    Dude, stop telling me what I'm doing. I'm 100% forthcoming when I talk to you. I know what I said and I know what I meant when I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,578
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm referring to both Kyle Lowry and CP3 as both of their careers got better once they left Houston.
    No you use those guys as examples of ďliving proofĒ that careers get better after leaving Houston. Your beef with one poster shouldnít result to spewing none sense at an entire fan base. Itís funny because as Raps fans we endure that enough and here you are doing it to Rockets fans. Irony right here.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,578
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Dude, stop telling me what I'm doing. I'm 100% forthcoming when I talk to you. I know what I said and I know what I meant when I said it.
    If someone else said something as dumb about Toronto I would go at them too. You donít say things like that with out expecting a reaction. Youíre smarter than that.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If someone else said something as dumb about Toronto I would go at them too. You donít say things like that with out expecting a reaction. Youíre smarter than that.
    You can react all you want. You just don't tell me what I meant. You have no idea what I'm thinking. Notice how I always ask for clarification from you? Maybe you should try doing the same before making assumptions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,367
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No you use those guys as examples of ďliving proofĒ that careers get better after leaving Houston. Your beef with one poster shouldnít result to spewing none sense at an entire fan base. Itís funny because as Raps fans we endure that enough and here you are doing it to Rockets fans. Irony right here.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,349
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    One could argue there's even more mileage on Lowry. Being a starter for Dwane Casey while also being 1 of 2 players to do all the scoring definitely put some extra mileage on him. Lets not forget the guy leads the league in charges drawn basically every year. There's a reason why Raptor fans love the guy so much.
    Yeah but Raps fans dont remember the guy who was a bench player for the majority of his early career and didn't reach All-Star level until he got to Toronto. Meanwhile CP3 was carrying franchises from the jump and played alil D himself, he didn't play that rest game either. I feel like CP3 has dealt with alot more injuries too.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah but Raps fans dont remember the guy who was a bench player for the majority of his early career and didn't reach All-Star level until he got to Toronto. Meanwhile CP3 was carrying franchises from the jump and played alil D himself, he didn't play that rest game either. I feel like CP3 has dealt with alot more injuries too.
    Yeah, Paul's logged 100+ more games, 300+ more starts and like 6,500+ more minutes. And that's just regular season. When you factor in playoffs and their international career, Paul's mileage dwarfs Lowry's.


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah but Raps fans dont remember the guy who was a bench player for the majority of his early career and didn't reach All-Star level until he got to Toronto. Meanwhile CP3 was carrying franchises from the jump and played alil D himself, he didn't play that rest game either. I feel like CP3 has dealt with alot more injuries too.
    I'm aware of how he warmed the bench before becoming a superhero. How about present day though? CP3 is slowing down and plays 31 or 32 MPG over the last 5 years while Lowry still gives 35 a night or more over the last 7 seasons.

    On the topic of injuries. That's on CP3. Lowry is tough as **** and gets knocked on his *** more than anyone in the league. And that's not even counting for when he flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,349
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I'm aware of how he warmed the bench before becoming a superhero. How about present day though? CP3 is slowing down and plays 31 or 32 MPG over the last 5 years while Lowry still gives 35 a night or more over the last 7 seasons.

    On the topic of injuries. That's on CP3. Lowry is tough as **** and gets knocked on his *** more than anyone in the league. And that's not even counting for when he flops.
    Lowry had to learn what CP3 was born with, count the flops, Im sure CP3 beats him on that. And injuries kind of matter when discussing mileage but thats not really up to either player.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Lowry had to learn what CP3 was born with, count the flops, Im sure CP3 beats him on that. And injuries kind of matter when discussing mileage but thats not really up to either player.
    It's worth noting that Paul has actually logged more minutes this season. Lowry is playing more minutes per game, but he's missed seven of Toronto's games this season. Paul has only missed one game so far this year. Paul played more games and logged more minutes than Lowry last season as well.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •