Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is CP3 really the best player on the Suns? Who else has topped this at 35

Was he really the most deserving Sun to get the All-Star nod? If so, what does that say about the league that a diminutive 35 year old can lead one of the best teams in the loaded West? What does it say about CP3 and has any other player of his stature ever been this good, this late?

Personally, I think it shows you how deep this league is. CP3 isn't nearly the player he once was, Boston has 2 All-Stars but are on a .500 team, in a league where every team has all star caliber players, you need more than All-Stars to win.

I also think CP3 is still one of those old school floor generals whos impact goes well beyond his numbers so I dont want to take away from him here.

I think its part him being the best player and part him just being cp3 who the coaches probably vote in a few years past when he deserves it. I wouldn't be shocked if Booker was chosen as Ad's replacement. Also, the suns for the first time in a while actually have a rotation full of actual decent NBA guys which really helps. Bostons problem is that they can't say the same right now. they are starting two centers who are honestly probably better as high end backups and some very questionable depth. you throw in Kemba's knee issues and its a recipe for massive issues.

also, Lebron, Malone, Kareem, and Jordan are all pretty good examples of guys being to do it when old. it does continue to amaze me that after all of cp3's knee troubles he keeps going like this though.

They had more snubs than usual this year.

Derozan and Booker (though he eventually made it) should've made it for the West. Sabonis, Middleton and FVV should've made it for the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Was he really the most deserving Sun to get the All-Star nod? If so, what does that say about the league that a diminutive 35 year old can lead one of the best teams in the loaded West? What does it say about CP3 and has any other player of his stature ever been this good, this late?

Personally, I think it shows you how deep this league is. CP3 isn't nearly the player he once was, Boston has 2 All-Stars but are on a .500 team, in a league where every team has all star caliber players, you need more than All-Stars to win.

I also think CP3 is still one of those old school floor generals whos impact goes well beyond his numbers so I dont want to take away from him here.
    Kyle Lowry says wuddup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Kyle Lowry and CP3 are living proof that careers get way better once you leave Houston.

Ever heard of that LeBron guy? He's only the best player in LA right now.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Ugh, LeBron is much much much older especially when you consider mileage and he's still the best whenever it counts

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    They had more snubs than usual this year.

Derozan and Booker (though he eventually made it) should've made it for the West. Sabonis, Middleton and FVV should've made it for the East.
    Middleton just isn't an All-Star when the East is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Middleton just isn't an All-Star when the East is healthy.
    Harris should be in over Middleton if it comes to that point.

As for anyone that says Simmons shouldnít be in (sorry not you) whenís the last time a 1 seed at the break only had 1 all-star?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kyle Lowry and CP3 are living proof that careers get way better once you leave Houston.
    Chris Paul was good before Houston, was good while in Houston, and good after Houston.

But thanks for the cheap shot. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Chris Paul was good before Houston, was good while in Houston, and good after Houston.

But thanks for the cheap shot. Much appreciated.
    Actually, his numbers took a massive dip when in Houston. Remember how everyone was saying he was done while in Houston? IIRC people saw the CP3/Westbrook trade as a lose-lose. So yeah, CP3 revived his career after leaving Houston.

You gotta be able to take a joke otherwise I elaborate on it and show just how much truth there is in my joke

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Actually, his numbers took a massive dip when in Houston. Remember how everyone was saying he was done while in Houston? IIRC people saw the CP3/Westbrook trade as a lose-lose. So yeah, CP3 revived his career after leaving Houston.

You gotta be able to take a joke otherwise I elaborate on it and show just how much truth there is in my joke
    Who ever said he was done in Houston wasnít watching. as a team they did the best while Paul was there. Reaching the conference finals and thatís when Paul got injured.

Anyways, you seem to now have a problem with Houston. Im not entertaining that. I thought it was Harden you didnít like. Now youíre taking shots at an entire City. Like I said in the other thread sometimes you just gotta walk away. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post

Both Paul and Conley deserve to be all-stars more than Booker, who's basically the sexy young pick to keep fans more interested.

Had a feeling some of you would name Bron but hes not really the same stature as CP3. Im being more literal than usual but Im relying on both classical definitions of the word stature, as in height and rep. Im not talking about 6"8 chiseled adonis' like Bron and Karl Malone, or 7 footers.

Lowry is a good mention. Less miles on him but hes holding it down late too.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Who ever said he was done in Houston wasnít watching. as a team they did the best while Paul was there. Reaching the conference finals and thatís when Paul got injured.

Anyways, you seem to now have a problem with Houston. Im not entertaining that. I thought it was Harden you didnít like. Now youíre taking shots at an entire City. Like I said in the other thread sometimes you just gotta walk away. Smh
    I'm aware of that. They did so well because it was the 1st time they had a real PG in almost a decade. His overall numbers were way worse than his norms though. If I say the reason why his numbers were so bad in Houston then it'll almost certainly cause a **** storm based off Rockets fans not being able to handle the truth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast