Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ben's Agent and Art Rooney confirm Ben returns for 2021

Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I guess they're trying to be the Saints of the AFC. I figured they'd just start the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst part is they will solve the cap issue with a 3-4 year “extension” with dummy years that just makes the cap hit happen when he retires.

Lol, they almost have to draft a QB this year, people will say Rudolph or Haskins but I’m kinda thinking they need a guy

Also I wonder how much better the Steelers would be with Jameis Winston

Or Marcus mariota

Both those guys probably put the Steelers in the convo

Live look at war

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Live look at war

Pretty much. Mostly because of the stupid **** they are going to do for the cap. Honestly if you were at the other place I go you would see I’m very reasonable with this.

Additionally the one that cracks me up is people are mad because “without Ben we can’t win”. I asked “what the **** are we winning with him because it ain’t the Super Bowl.” Yet they think somehow I’d we just get in a 39 year old double arthritic knee reconstructed elbow pillsbury throw boy of a QB can catch magic and win a Super Bowl because “Tom Brady”.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Lol, they almost have to draft a QB this year, people will say Rudolph or Haskins but I’m kinda thinking they need a guy

Also I wonder how much better the Steelers would be with Jameis Winston

Or Marcus mariota

Both those guys probably put the Steelers in the convo
    Juju says he wants to retire a Steeler, but that's just pandering to the fans to pressure ownership to pay him more.

Realistically they're on track to lose their top WR and RB to FA, so there isn't much to bring Winston or Mariota in for. They can't afford Ben's cap hit, they can't afford to pay the few bright spots on offense, they can't afford to pay Ben and bring in another QB. And they're trying to sign JJ Watt for some reason (maybe at TE). And then you look at the retirements on the OL and whatnot...

They're "an offense away" not a "QB away" from contending... which is weird given their record last season (but less weird when you weight by schedule). And they have no money to assemble a new offense.

Otherwise sure, re-sign Juju and Connor, add Allen Robinson in FA, draft an OL or two and slap Winston in there and they probably make the playoffs and win a playoff game with an average offense and a league best defense. But they can't afford that.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pretty much. Mostly because of the stupid **** they are going to do for the cap. Honestly if you were at the other place I go you would see I’m very reasonable with this.

Additionally the one that cracks me up is people are mad because “without Ben we can’t win”. I asked “what the **** are we winning with him because it ain’t the Super Bowl.” Yet they think somehow I’d we just get in a 39 year old double arthritic knee reconstructed elbow pillsbury throw boy of a QB can catch magic and win a Super Bowl because “Tom Brady”.

Yeah you're pretty reasonable at the other place.

If the defense returns to form you guys could get double-digit wins, IMO. But with a harder schedule, losing players on both sides of the ball, and the potential for Ben to fall off a cliff, I think it's more likely you guys win 7-9 games.

Your defense is the engine and if it's elite still, I could see a 10-7 or 11-6 record even with the harder schedule.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Yeah you're pretty reasonable at the other place.

If the defense returns to form you guys could get double-digit wins, IMO. But with a harder schedule, losing players on both sides of the ball, and the potential for Ben to fall off a cliff, I think it's more likely you guys win 7-9 games.

Your defense is the engine and if it's elite still, I could see a 10-7 or 11-6 record even with the harder schedule.
    On defense I’m willing to bet we lose:
    Dupree
    Alualu
    At least one of Hilton, Haden, Sutton

And we don’t have the cap to replace them. Only one with an on roster replacement is Dupree.

Big Ben completed 67.5% passes for 2800 yds with a 25-6 td/picks ratio in their first 11 games. Those are SB numbers as they went undefeated in that stretch. The fans who wants to continue winning wants Ben back cause he is a winner who is clutch. Everyone knows the Steelers never rebuild but to reload otherwise they will suffer losing before they can start to win again if they play their cards right thru the draft and proper coaching of their young players hoping it will work out which is a waste of time for the Steelers.

Besides Rooney wants Ben back and that is more than good enough for the best traveled team in the league!

Yeah if I'm the Steelers I'm looking to trade up in the draft by moving up to take a QB to be Big Ben's successor once he retires

Ben is a douche bag. Just cut his ***. Dude is probably drinking beer and fishing as his off season work out. Use the season to heal the cap. Ben is an ego maniac that tries to come off way too hard as a team player imo. He's more ego vs. team player (within the axis) from my instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Big Ben completed 67.5% passes for 2800 yds with a 25-6 td/picks ratio in their first 11 games. Those are SB numbers as they went undefeated in that stretch. The fans who wants to continue winning wants Ben back cause he is a winner who is clutch. Everyone knows the Steelers never rebuild but to reload otherwise they will suffer losing before they can start to win again if they play their cards right thru the draft and proper coaching of their young players hoping it will work out which is a waste of time for the Steelers.

Besides Rooney wants Ben back and that is more than good enough for the best traveled team in the league!
    Dude has more brain fart playoff games since his last super-bowl appearance then clutch ones.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Brady has a world class work ethic. Big Ben is probably a world class loafer from Feb to Aug.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast