Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yankees need to clear a few roster spots...

Yankees need to clear a few roster spots. Who and how? Tauchman?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Release or trade German and Cessa or laosigia. And I would let florial go before tauchman .
    Last edited by Posada20; 02-19-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    They'll wait to add Gardy until they can put Sevy on the 60 day IL. Now that they signed Gardy there really isn't a place or a need for Allen with Gardy, Talkman and Florial on the 40 man.

The next 2 i would say would be Ford and Estrada.

Another thing to keep in mind is the Yanks likely need to trade for additional IFA money so we could see them move someone with a little more value to get that IFA money

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    They'll wait to add Gardy until they can put Sevy on the 60 day IL. Now that they signed Gardy there really isn't a place or a need for Allen with Gardy, Talkman and Florial on the 40 man.

The next 2 i would say would be Ford and Estrada.

Another thing to keep in mind is the Yanks likely need to trade for additional IFA money so we could see them move someone with a little more value to get that IFA money
    Why did the sign Allen then if they are gonna just get rid of him less than 2 months later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why did the sign Allen then if they are gonna just get rid of him less than 2 months later ?
    They actually traded for him. If i remember correctly it was a rule 5 move. As to why they acquired him, he's a speed LHed OFer that can play all 3 positions. I imagine they picked him up very early in the offseason in case they traded a Florial or Talkman or didn't resign Gardy

They actually traded for him. If i remember correctly it was a rule 5 move. As to why they acquired him, he's a speed LHed OFer that can play all 3 positions. I imagine they picked him up very early in the offseason in case they traded a Florial or Talkman or didn't resign Gardy
    He is only 27 years old , would sure be a waste to trade him . I rather they trade or get rid of florial

He is only 27 years old , would sure be a waste to trade him . I rather they trade or get rid of florial
    It would be a waste to trade Allen? and you'd rather keep Allen over Florial?

It would be a waste to trade Allen? and you'd rather keep Allen over Florial?
    Yeah I would since atleast Allen has atleast made it to and stayed in the majors . Florial right now is lost in the minors and is on his last legs in the organization

Yeah I would since atleast Allen has atleast made it to and stayed in the majors . Florial right now is lost in the minors and is on his last legs in the organization
    Allen hasn't exactly shined in his 557 career ABs. He's a career .238 BA and has zero power at 27 yrs old. Florial has all the speed and defense that Allen could provide. Florial may not ever reach his ceiling but he's still could be a hell of a 4th OFer.

We'll see in STing but supposedly Florials pitch recognition has gotten better in the last yr. If thats true he could provide tremendous value to the MLB club

Allen hasn't exactly shined in his 557 career ABs. He's a career .238 BA and has zero power at 27 yrs old. Florial has all the speed and defense that Allen could provide. Florial may not ever reach his ceiling but he's still could be a hell of a 4th OFer.

We'll see in STing but supposedly Florials pitch recognition has gotten better in the last yr. If thats true he could provide tremendous value to the MLB club
    As great as that is to hear , Allen is more of a sure thing than florial is right now . At the very least it wouldn’t make sense to trade Allen until he has had a chance to prove himself over florial in spring training .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

100%. I would actually keep Florial over Talkman. I imagine Talkman has a small amount of trade value and with Gardner on the roster, he will be the 5th OF. I like him but I would rather give Florial this year rather than trade him for money. His ceiling is still really high. As you said, he may not reach it but he would still be a very good defensive replacement/ pinch runner.

Ignorance is bliss

Release talkman? This seems unlikely. The yankees could easily send either Frazier or Andujar down to the minors, or both. That will clear up the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Release talkman? This seems unlikely. The yankees could easily send either Frazier or Andujar down to the minors, or both. That will clear up the roster.
    Yeah send down Frazier right after you announce that he is your starting left fielder .

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    My guess is that barring a trade to clear up roster spots, Andujar goes down or Mike Ford or both, before we entertain releasing Tauchman. It would be embarrassing to name Frazier the starting LF and then send him to the minors unless he falls off the earth and has a horrendous spring. There could also be spring training injuries that make this problem go away and create a different one. As of now, the problem is the 40 man roster, not the major league roster. Wilson and Gardner need to be added. Severino can be moved to the 60 day IR to cover one of them and they can delay for physicals, before signings are official, but they might only have a week for a 40 man roster move.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    My guess is that barring a trade to clear up roster spots, Andujar goes down or Mike Ford or both, before we entertain releasing Tauchman. It would be embarrassing to name Frazier the starting LF and then send him to the minors unless he falls off the earth and has a horrendous spring. There could also be spring training injuries that make this problem go away and create a different one. As of now, the problem is the 40 man roster, not the major league roster. Wilson and Gardner need to be added. Severino can be moved to the 60 day IR to cover one of them and they can delay for physicals, before signings are official, but they might only have a week for a 40 man roster move.
    Boone just said Gardner is gonna get plenty of playing time , I know I am not ruling out the possibility of Frazier being sent down ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast