Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Nets waive Roberson, Shumpert, and Vonleh. Guarantee TLC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.net...cook-to-10-day

Andre Roberson, Iman Shumpert, Noah Vonleh, and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot had February 24th guarantee dates on their contracts. 3 of the 4 were waived after the Kings game, where Shumpert and Roberson appeared.

The Nets in another move signed Tyler Cook to a 10 day contract. If Roberson and Shumpert clear waivers, they too will be brought back on 10 day deals.

The thought is, that waiving all these guys gives the Nets roster flexibility. Timing will be crucial for the Nets to play the buyout market, come next month.

Scary hours

I haven't watched enough Nets basketball to know, but did any of those guys make a difference? According to BR, combined, Roberson, Vonleh and Shumbert had played 39 minutes total so far. TLC seems to be the only one of the four cracking the rotation, so it could be that the other three are just gone.

I do think there will be an impact player available for the Nets in the buyout market, but I just don't know that those three guys are among them. And they might decide to make a deal to bring in another impact player before the deadline.

Roberson makes too much sense for Denver.

The only reason I clicked on this was to see who TLC is.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I haven't watched enough Nets basketball to know, but did any of those guys make a difference? According to BR, combined, Roberson, Vonleh and Shumbert had played 39 minutes total so far. TLC seems to be the only one of the four cracking the rotation, so it could be that the other three are just gone.

I do think there will be an impact player available for the Nets in the buyout market, but I just don't know that those three guys are among them. And they might decide to make a deal to bring in another impact player before the deadline.
    That's deceiving though. Shump was signed January 30th but wasn't cleared to play til yesterday due to his hamstring injury. Robo was signed the 16th and played in 2 of 3 games. If those guys clear waivers they will be brought back on 10 day deals.

TLC has been with the team for a few seasons, started on a 2way deal.

Vonleh was only really there because they cut Pelle and Claxton wasn't healthy. With Claxton healthy and cook on a 10 day deal, his time is for sure up.

Annnnd, they're back.

"Brooklyn makes it official on the Andre Roberson and Iman Shumpert 10-Day:

$110,998 cap hit for both

Roberson will earn $148,926 and Shumpert $159,698

Brooklyn has a $93.9M tax bill that is projected right now at $48.9M because of the expected decline in BRI" - Bobby Marks