Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Should Stevens be fired?

Yes or No? I say HE NEEDS TO GO.

Vince to Gronk

No one?

I'll bite. NO.

This team has had a lot of bad luck with injuries(Smart), (Kemba) and healthy and safety protocols(Tatum) and I think they just hit their stride(a little) right before the all star break. They also were playing great before the covid issues with Tatum.

Truly feel this is a decent team trending up. I do not see them getting higher than the 4th seed but I feel they should advance to the 2nd round of playoffs and challenge from there. I think this team's timetable to be a title contender is 2-3 years away. Brad is NOT the problem.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Yes or No? I say HE NEEDS TO GO.

Why do you think he needs to go?

My answer is a hard NO. Stevens has done a good job here. Yes he needs to improve in a few areas but he is better than any coach we could bring in here. he has had to deal with big changes each year, alot of injuries, covid etc.

my biggest gripe with him is the rotation of the players which i am sure isnt ALL him.

Quote Originally Posted by bostncelts34 View Post
    Why do you think he needs to go?

My answer is a hard NO. Stevens has done a good job here. Yes he needs to improve in a few areas but he is better than any coach we could bring in here. he has had to deal with big changes each year, alot of injuries, covid etc.

my biggest gripe with him is the rotation of the players which i am sure isnt ALL him.
    I donít think heís the right guy how long will ownership put up with it before they finally say
    Ok we need a change of scenery?

Vince to Gronk

Brad lets Smart throw away games late when he goes off on his 3 pt mania. The two mega stars went 6 for 25 from 3 about 5 games ago. Bird knew when he was off, if these two children can't figure it out while on the court, where TF is Brad? Burnishing their all star hardware? Dump the chump.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

When there are no expectations on this team, Brad has consistently gotten the most out of them. The Isiah Thomas Celtics were a great story he got the most out of. When Hayward/Kyrie were down we defied the odds. When

But, whenever there have been expectations though, the team has consistently wilted. That year when Kyrie came back and now this year coming off an ECF run... big underperformance.

At this point you have to question whether Brad is a rebuilding team coach vs championship coach. All the after time out plays and all help the teams that don't have the star power, but that's less important for teams that do. "No one believes in you, go prove them wrong" doesn't work as a motivation tactic once the players reach stardom and are always having smoke blown up their ***.

He's a great coach who belongs in the NBA, but does he belong on THIS team has to be the question. His lack of stability in the rotations seem to be off-putting to veterans and even a developmental block for young guys trying to grow as role players. I'm just not sure he's a guy to take us from where are now to the next level.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    When there are no expectations on this team, Brad has consistently gotten the most out of them. The Isiah Thomas Celtics were a great story he got the most out of. When Hayward/Kyrie were down we defied the odds. When

But, whenever there have been expectations though, the team has consistently wilted. That year when Kyrie came back and now this year coming off an ECF run... big underperformance.

At this point you have to question whether Brad is a rebuilding team coach vs championship coach. All the after time out plays and all help the teams that don't have the star power, but that's less important for teams that do. "No one believes in you, go prove them wrong" doesn't work as a motivation tactic once the players reach stardom and are always having smoke blown up their ***.

He's a great coach who belongs in the NBA, but does he belong on THIS team has to be the question. His lack of stability in the rotations seem to be off-putting to veterans and even a developmental block for young guys trying to grow as role players. I'm just not sure he's a guy to take us from where are now to the next level.
    Well put. Agree 100%. Iíll also never understand his infatuation with Semi Ojeleye. Guys gotta go.