Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will be the Sox opening day DH?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sheets

2 22.22%
  • Mercedez

0 0%
  • Vaughn

4 44.44%
  • Burger

1 11.11%
  • Collins

1 11.11%
  • Other

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sox opening day DH poll

Who is going to be the Sox opening day DH?

Sheets
    Mercedes
    Vaughn
    Burger
    Collins
    Other

I want Vaughn. Collins is my guess.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

My preference is other. My gut is sadly Collins to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** can we at least see them get some AB's in ST? If Vaughn rakes, give it to him. He might be the best hitter on our team. If Collins does good this spring, and we are dead set on Service time for Vaughn, then give it to Collins, but give him a legit shot. I feel like he never had a shot to get a rhythm in the bigs. Granted he was so bad he didn't really earn it. But he seems to be a slow starter even in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    **** can we at least see them get some AB's in ST? If Vaughn rakes, give it to him. He might be the best hitter on our team. If Collins does good this spring, and we are dead set on Service time for Vaughn, then give it to Collins, but give him a legit shot. I feel like he never had a shot to get a rhythm in the bigs. Granted he was so bad he didn't really earn it. But he seems to be a slow starter even in the minors.
    A guy whos never played above high A ball might be the best hitter on the team? Hes never had a shot to get in a rhythm in the bigs because he hasnt even hit AA yet.

Please please please slow down on Vaughn. We have the current MVP (and no not for his defensive abilities) in our lineup.

As of right now, Im going to go with a dark horse and say Sheets as a LH bat. If Vaughn rakes in ST, then it will be him, but any stumbles and I think they start him in the minors.

I do think it is pretty wide open though, and if anyone of them has a hot spring, they can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    A guy whos never played above high A ball might be the best hitter on the team? Hes never had a shot to get in a rhythm in the bigs because he hasnt even hit AA yet.

Please please please slow down on Vaughn. We have the current MVP (and no not for his defensive abilities) in our lineup.

Obviously he's not better than anyone yet. I said "Might" as in some day. If you take every hitter in our lineup before they made the majors, he had the least question marks as a hitter. It may or may not work out, but on paper, he's expected to be a damn good hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    As of right now, Im going to go with a dark horse and say Sheets as a LH bat. If Vaughn rakes in ST, then it will be him, but any stumbles and I think they start him in the minors.

I do think it is pretty wide open though, and if anyone of them has a hot spring, they can take it.
    That's what I'm thinking with Vaughn. I wanna see everyone hit before I jump to conclusions though. I think if Collins has a really good spring, he will get the 1st crack at it.

Straight platoon to start season until Vaughn is ready. Leury and Engel will be playing to start season.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Straight platoon to start season until Vaughn is ready. Leury and Engel will be playing to start season.
    Agree...........That's the most probale scenario to start the season. I also think Vaughn should start the season in the minors. Now Sheets is intriging to me...He might get a shot at DH sooner then Vaughn...

Sheets would such an uninspiring choice. Does someone know something that no one else knows about him? Did he find a power stroke during his year off?

I think it's Collins job to lose and Vaughn's job to gain. Those 2 would have to completely fall flat for Sheets to get the nod. And I don't even think jumps Mercedes if Mercedes has a good Spring.

Sheets would such an uninspiring choice. Does someone know something that no one else knows about him? Did he find a power stroke during his year off?

I think it's Collins job to lose and Vaughn's job to gain. Those 2 would have to completely fall flat for Sheets to get the nod. And I don't even think jumps Mercedes if Mercedes has a good Spring.
    As opposed to Collins power stroke?? Not sure what you mean by "uninspiring" choice? And TLR already mentioned him as in play for DH...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    As opposed to Collins power stroke?? Not sure what you mean by "uninspiring" choice? And TLR already mentioned him as in play for DH...
    To be fair, La Russa mentioned everyone as a choice lol. He's creating a competition to get the best out of everyone.

Sheets was mentioned by manager Tony La Russa as a possible candidate for the designated hitter spot this season, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Andrew Vaughn is thought to be the favorite for the job, but Sheets has a solid minor-league resume himself and is on the 40-man roster. The canceled minors season last year prevented him from continuing his climb up the ladder, but he hit .267/.345/.414 with 16 homers in 126 games for Double-A Birmingham in 2019.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...or-dh-at-bats/

Burger was listed by manager Tony La Russa as a potential designated hitter this season, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Andrew Vaughn is considered the favorite for the job, but Burger also has some prospect pedigree himself. He hit .271/.335/.409 at the Low-A level in 2017 after being taken 11th overall in that year's draft, but Achilles issues wiped out his next two seasons. With the minor leagues canceled last year, he was forced to join an independent league to get some at-bats. His lack of high-level minors experience means he's probably a long shot at best to crack the Opening Day squad, but he's on the team's 40-man roster so it might not be too long before he gets his shot.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-dh-candidate/

To be fair, La Russa mentioned everyone as a choice lol. He's creating a competition to get the best out of everyone.

Sheets was mentioned by manager Tony La Russa as a possible candidate for the designated hitter spot this season, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Andrew Vaughn is thought to be the favorite for the job, but Sheets has a solid minor-league resume himself and is on the 40-man roster. The canceled minors season last year prevented him from continuing his climb up the ladder, but he hit .267/.345/.414 with 16 homers in 126 games for Double-A Birmingham in 2019.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...or-dh-at-bats/

Burger was listed by manager Tony La Russa as a potential designated hitter this season, Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Andrew Vaughn is considered the favorite for the job, but Burger also has some prospect pedigree himself. He hit .271/.335/.409 at the Low-A level in 2017 after being taken 11th overall in that year's draft, but Achilles issues wiped out his next two seasons. With the minor leagues canceled last year, he was forced to join an independent league to get some at-bats. His lack of high-level minors experience means he's probably a long shot at best to crack the Opening Day squad, but he's on the team's 40-man roster so it might not be too long before he gets his shot.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...-dh-candidate/
    It should be fun watching this play out!!! Glad its a choice of our own prospects vs the late few years bringing NL guys to finish their careers as DH.

Hoping to drive to Arizona for a weekend and see some of the guys....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast