Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    wow the nuggets had a 4 on 1 to end the game down two and all 4 of them ran to the 3pt line. https://streamable.com/7dtyka yikes.

Hopefully Tobias Harris is not serious for the 76ers.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think this comes from a refusal to ever overpay for someone. like you feel its not worth it to overpay Hayward and like it sucks that he makes 30 million a year, but they aren't replacing him. Like I heard Bill Simmons say when he was talking about the deal the Jazz gave Clarkson that he would only ever offer max deals and minimums or something close to that, but thats literally the Celtics right now and its terrible. Reminds me of so many of the analytical guys who think they are smarter then everyone else on what they wouldn't wouldn't pay people. This includes them getting super lucky with Brown and Tatum.
    Woah, woah, woah, slow down there, buddy. I thought Ainge was king? At least thatís what weíll hear the next time they go on a 6 game winning streak.

wow the nuggets had a 4 on 1 to end the game down two and all 4 of them ran to the 3pt line. https://streamable.com/7dtyka yikes.
    Like at this point I don't even know who or what to blame.

Were players situationally unaware of where in the game they were score wise?
    Were they coached to do this in this situation?
    Did analytics play into this where they passed up the layup?

Like this is just mind blowingly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

To be fair, it was 3 point guards and Porter on the break. Point guards aren't known for bein rim runners. Morris was so far behind in the play if he woulda been the cutter, he may not have even got a shot off in time. I think Porter coulda went to the basket but Campazza, him and Morris were all bunched pretty close together so Porter probably just trying to spread to create space. Even if Porter went on the block, I doubt he has a tip opportunity before time expires.

It was 4 on 1 for a brief second but by the time Murray picked up his dribble, it was really 4 on 3. I get the optics of it suck, but I think the reality is vastly less stark. Everybody wanted to play hero.

Itís not just bad optics what happened, itís bad basketball my man. There was time to pass and collect then shoot, thereís time to pass to the block and layup.

A couple of guys this morning have placed the blame at the fact that this style fast break is run regularly through them game by most teams, so there isnít recognition to rim run.

Part of the blame should go on Murray as well for picking up his dribble too early. He needs to keep pushing it. Wanna say 3 PGs and they donít normally rim run? Well with the ball on the fast break you are also taught to almost not pick up the dribble till you have to.

Thereís no excuse or reasoning here. That was bad basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no where else to put this but:

I miss Game of Zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of the blame has to be on Porter for not running to the rim. Beal completely left the rim making that the easiest layup ever.

99% of the blame has to be on Porter for not running to the rim. Beal completely left the rim making that the easiest layup ever.
    Murray shoulda just took it to the rack, make it or draw the foul, heck, maybe both.

As far as the cluster of Porter, Campazzo and Morris, they probably all thought the other was headed for the paint. Heck, Porter was in perfect position if Murray drives and kicks to the weak side too.

Two hot teams Jazz-Heat.

The Heat are starting to play like the Heat from last year. Great defense in the 2nd quarter, thanks to some missed 3s by the Jazz.

Gonna be hard to beat the Heat when they hit almost 50% of their 3s.

Make that over 50% haha.

Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic were great tonight.

Big time win for the Heat. 5 in a row. Dragic is back to being the Dragon. Jimmy Butler is back and healthy. All Heat need is Herro to get back.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast