Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,131
    Why bother? They got him for practically nothing and even though he hasn't been as good, he still has value.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,691
    KP is not the Mav's problem. They literally have no ball handler except Luka. They need an actual PG to help run the offense.

    Mavs should try to get Devonte Graham from the Hornets. Ball seems the future at PG and Rozier can continue to play combo guard. I doubt Jordan wants to pay Graham a big contract right now.

    KP isn't a playmaker, he's a scorer. Additionally, let's face it, the Mavs are trash at the other frontcourt position (whether you want to call that player a PF or C).

    Powell is nothing compared to what he was before. Kleiber is a base level role player not a needle mover. James Johnson is not a rotation player. I'm not sure how you can you trade KP and significantly improve the frontcourt. The Giannis, Davis, Embiid, Jokic type players aren't readily available.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,747
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    KP is not the Mav's problem. They literally have no ball handler except Luka. They need an actual PG to help run the offense.

    Mavs should try to get Devonte Graham from the Hornets. Ball seems the future at PG and Rozier can continue to play combo guard. I doubt Jordan wants to pay Graham a big contract right now.

    KP isn't a playmaker, he's a scorer. Additionally, let's face it, the Mavs are trash at the other frontcourt position (whether you want to call that player a PF or C).

    Powell is nothing compared to what he was before. Kleiber is a base level role player not a needle mover. James Johnson is not a rotation player. I'm not sure how you can you trade KP and significantly improve the frontcourt. The Giannis, Davis, Embiid, Jokic type players aren't readily available.
    And even if they were, they would still need an effective pg to feed them. I really thought they were gonna go after Dragic in the of season.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,162
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    And even if they were, they would still need an effective pg to feed them. I really thought they were gonna go after Dragic in the of season.
    I think Luka is a good PG.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think Luka is a good PG.
    Luka is an outstanding 6'8" 230 lb wrecking ball crafty pg however he is playing with 11 other replacement level players. Still cant believe they picked Josh Green (now in G league) over Saddiq Bey who is having an excellent rookie year.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,254
    The 5 teams that you can shop Porzingis too realistically that make the most sense right now

    1- Golden State Warriors
    2- Chicago Bulls
    3- Charlotte Hornets
    4- Atlanta Hawks
    5- The most intriguing landing spot...Toronto Raptors because it actually has been discussed with the Mavs and the Raptors in these past few days

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,398
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami "should" be interested. I have no clue what Riley's plans look like any more.

    But with Dallas lacking shooting, there is at least an outside chance a 3 team deal with them getting Ducan Robinson and something from another team could be enough.
    think you are really overrating duncan robinson here. I dont think that is close to enough... Not even a porz fan either.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,126
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    John Collins S&T to the Mavs for KP
    I could see this happening. Dallas is supposedly going to go after Collins pretty hard in the off season. I know heís a restricted free agent so the Mavs will have to overpay to get him but it sounds like thatís what theyíre prepared to do. So instead of losing Collins for nothing they might to take a chance on KP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Luka is an outstanding 6'8" 230 lb wrecking ball crafty pg however he is playing with 11 other replacement level players. Still cant believe they picked Josh Green (now in G league) over Saddiq Bey who is having an excellent rookie year.
    And that's why LeBron never wants to play with another ball handling/passing guard. Oh wait.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The 5 teams that you can shop Porzingis too realistically that make the most sense right now

    1- Golden State Warriors
    2- Chicago Bulls
    3- Charlotte Hornets
    4- Atlanta Hawks
    5- The most intriguing landing spot...Toronto Raptors because it actually has been discussed with the Mavs and the Raptors in these past few days
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. I don't think so.
    4. No.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,691
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    think you are really overrating duncan robinson here. I dont think that is close to enough... Not even a porz fan either.
    I don't think I am because I clearly admitted he by himself wasn't enough. I said Duncan with another good player could probably get it done.

    Let me paint just a random spit-balling scenario to back up my idea here. Atlanta is most likely not going to make the playoffs. They also need flexibility to resign Collins. Let's say Miami offers Precious and a future 1st and they are okay with that (ATL after all barely gave anything up to get Capela in the 1st place). Then the 3 way trade becomes Capela and Duncan for KP.

    So no, I'm not overrating him. Duncan is a good player that could prevent teams from throwing too many doubles at Luka. Capela is more of a defensive presence. Neither are at the level of KP healthy, but it's not exactly a buckalis scenario either.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    27,747
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think Luka is a good PG.
    I know but they lack real play makers aside from him. He needs help in that regard. He needs help in a lot of ways. If KP can stay healthy I donít really think heís the problem, they need a few more pieces around that Tandem though.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,162
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I know but they lack real play makers aside from him. He needs help in that regard. He needs help in a lot of ways. If KP can stay healthy I donít really think heís the problem, they need a few more pieces around that Tandem though.
    For sure need help but not in the way of someone to ball handle or facilitate alongside Luka.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    36,749
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    For sure need help but not in the way of someone to ball handle or facilitate alongside Luka.
    Someone to ball handle and facilitate on the team other than Luka. Luka can't play all the time and can't always run the offense at the highest level. Has any title favorite ever had only 1 player over 3.5 assists per game, only 2 over 2.5, and no others above 2? Even the peak Stockton Jazz had more diversity of playmakers than these Mavs do.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Someone to ball handle and facilitate on the team other than Luka. Luka can't play all the time and can't always run the offense at the highest level. Has any title favorite ever had only 1 player over 3.5 assists per game, only 2 over 2.5, and no others above 2? Even the peak Stockton Jazz had more diversity of playmakers than these Mavs do.
    Well, I think that's where we differ. I don't look at the Mavs like that, they're a fringe playoff team, and have been since Luka arrived. I look at this as a transition year anyway.

    The Mavs core is a 22 year old and an injury prone 25 year old. The Mavs have almost $40 million in cap space this summer (if the cap stays flat, also not counting incomplete roster charges).

    That being the case, they can go sign a max guy to pair with those 2 or split it in half and just sign 2 pretty solid guys to pair with those 2.

    It could even be taken a step further, and if they don't think KP is durable enough, ship him out for Drummond, the Boston TPE, or a package of expirings. Then go into the summer with almost $70 million in cap space this summer (if the cap stays flat, also not counting incomplete roster charges).

    If that's the case, could sign 2 max guys or maybe 3 or 4 very solid guys, have a brand new starting 5 next season to pair with Luka the MVP candidate.

    I think the Mavs are in a good position, either way, their franchise player is 22 and a walking triple double.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •