Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Why bother? They got him for practically nothing and even though he hasn't been as good, he still has value.

KP is not the Mav's problem. They literally have no ball handler except Luka. They need an actual PG to help run the offense.

Mavs should try to get Devonte Graham from the Hornets. Ball seems the future at PG and Rozier can continue to play combo guard. I doubt Jordan wants to pay Graham a big contract right now.

KP isn't a playmaker, he's a scorer. Additionally, let's face it, the Mavs are trash at the other frontcourt position (whether you want to call that player a PF or C).

Powell is nothing compared to what he was before. Kleiber is a base level role player not a needle mover. James Johnson is not a rotation player. I'm not sure how you can you trade KP and significantly improve the frontcourt. The Giannis, Davis, Embiid, Jokic type players aren't readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    KP is not the Mav's problem. They literally have no ball handler except Luka. They need an actual PG to help run the offense.

Mavs should try to get Devonte Graham from the Hornets. Ball seems the future at PG and Rozier can continue to play combo guard. I doubt Jordan wants to pay Graham a big contract right now.

KP isn't a playmaker, he's a scorer. Additionally, let's face it, the Mavs are trash at the other frontcourt position (whether you want to call that player a PF or C).

Powell is nothing compared to what he was before. Kleiber is a base level role player not a needle mover. James Johnson is not a rotation player. I'm not sure how you can you trade KP and significantly improve the frontcourt. The Giannis, Davis, Embiid, Jokic type players aren't readily available.
    And even if they were, they would still need an effective pg to feed them. I really thought they were gonna go after Dragic in the of season.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    And even if they were, they would still need an effective pg to feed them. I really thought they were gonna go after Dragic in the of season.
    I think Luka is a good PG.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Luka is an outstanding 6'8" 230 lb wrecking ball crafty pg however he is playing with 11 other replacement level players. Still cant believe they picked Josh Green (now in G league) over Saddiq Bey who is having an excellent rookie year.

The 5 teams that you can shop Porzingis too realistically that make the most sense right now

1- Golden State Warriors
    2- Chicago Bulls
    3- Charlotte Hornets
    4- Atlanta Hawks
    5- The most intriguing landing spot...Toronto Raptors because it actually has been discussed with the Mavs and the Raptors in these past few days

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami "should" be interested. I have no clue what Riley's plans look like any more.

But with Dallas lacking shooting, there is at least an outside chance a 3 team deal with them getting Ducan Robinson and something from another team could be enough.
    think you are really overrating duncan robinson here. I dont think that is close to enough... Not even a porz fan either.

John Collins S&T to the Mavs for KP
    I could see this happening. Dallas is supposedly going to go after Collins pretty hard in the off season. I know heís a restricted free agent so the Mavs will have to overpay to get him but it sounds like thatís what theyíre prepared to do. So instead of losing Collins for nothing they might to take a chance on KP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Luka is an outstanding 6'8" 230 lb wrecking ball crafty pg however he is playing with 11 other replacement level players. Still cant believe they picked Josh Green (now in G league) over Saddiq Bey who is having an excellent rookie year.
    And that's why LeBron never wants to play with another ball handling/passing guard. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    The 5 teams that you can shop Porzingis too realistically that make the most sense right now

1- Golden State Warriors
    2- Chicago Bulls
    3- Charlotte Hornets
    4- Atlanta Hawks
    5- The most intriguing landing spot...Toronto Raptors because it actually has been discussed with the Mavs and the Raptors in these past few days
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. I don't think so.
    4. No.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    think you are really overrating duncan robinson here. I dont think that is close to enough... Not even a porz fan either.
    I don't think I am because I clearly admitted he by himself wasn't enough. I said Duncan with another good player could probably get it done.

Let me paint just a random spit-balling scenario to back up my idea here. Atlanta is most likely not going to make the playoffs. They also need flexibility to resign Collins. Let's say Miami offers Precious and a future 1st and they are okay with that (ATL after all barely gave anything up to get Capela in the 1st place). Then the 3 way trade becomes Capela and Duncan for KP.

So no, I'm not overrating him. Duncan is a good player that could prevent teams from throwing too many doubles at Luka. Capela is more of a defensive presence. Neither are at the level of KP healthy, but it's not exactly a buckalis scenario either.

I know but they lack real play makers aside from him. He needs help in that regard. He needs help in a lot of ways. If KP can stay healthy I donít really think heís the problem, they need a few more pieces around that Tandem though.

I know but they lack real play makers aside from him. He needs help in that regard. He needs help in a lot of ways. If KP can stay healthy I donít really think heís the problem, they need a few more pieces around that Tandem though.
    For sure need help but not in the way of someone to ball handle or facilitate alongside Luka.

For sure need help but not in the way of someone to ball handle or facilitate alongside Luka.
    Someone to ball handle and facilitate on the team other than Luka. Luka can't play all the time and can't always run the offense at the highest level. Has any title favorite ever had only 1 player over 3.5 assists per game, only 2 over 2.5, and no others above 2? Even the peak Stockton Jazz had more diversity of playmakers than these Mavs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Someone to ball handle and facilitate on the team other than Luka. Luka can't play all the time and can't always run the offense at the highest level. Has any title favorite ever had only 1 player over 3.5 assists per game, only 2 over 2.5, and no others above 2? Even the peak Stockton Jazz had more diversity of playmakers than these Mavs do.
    Well, I think that's where we differ. I don't look at the Mavs like that, they're a fringe playoff team, and have been since Luka arrived. I look at this as a transition year anyway.

The Mavs core is a 22 year old and an injury prone 25 year old. The Mavs have almost $40 million in cap space this summer (if the cap stays flat, also not counting incomplete roster charges).

That being the case, they can go sign a max guy to pair with those 2 or split it in half and just sign 2 pretty solid guys to pair with those 2.

It could even be taken a step further, and if they don't think KP is durable enough, ship him out for Drummond, the Boston TPE, or a package of expirings. Then go into the summer with almost $70 million in cap space this summer (if the cap stays flat, also not counting incomplete roster charges).

If that's the case, could sign 2 max guys or maybe 3 or 4 very solid guys, have a brand new starting 5 next season to pair with Luka the MVP candidate.

I think the Mavs are in a good position, either way, their franchise player is 22 and a walking triple double.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast