Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Terry Rozier, Bismack Biyombo and Jalen McDaniels to Dallas for Kristaps Porzingis.
    The Mavericks get a spark plug scorer and a back-up rim runner. McDaniels looks like a solid prospect.
    The Hornets almost can't get free agents, hence the overpay of Hayward. They can lock down a second star for four years and ó sorry Scary Terry ó not give up very much in the process. Porzingis can fit in a front court with Hayward and Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Terry Rozier, Bismack Biyombo and Jalen McDaniels to Dallas for Kristaps Porzingis.
    The Mavericks get a spark plug scorer and a back-up rim runner. McDaniels looks like a solid prospect.
    The Hornets almost can't get free agents, hence the overpay of Hayward. They can lock down a second star for four years and ó sorry Scary Terry ó not give up very much in the process. Porzingis can fit in a front court with Hayward and Washington.
    Too big of contracts, imo

Mavs took a risk trading for KP hoping to form a Big 3 with Luka and someone else. It hasn't work out because of KP's injury which is disappointing.

Morey will give you the house for Luka!

Embiid and Luka

I also thought of the Jazz, who could cover Porzingisís weaknesses using Gobert and benefit from his scoring. Donít know who the Mavs would get back, maybe Bojan and Favors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If this is the proposed trade though I think Iíd have to take it if Iím the Mavs. Iíd at least have to seriously consider it.

https://twitter.com/mikebacsik/statu...400764420?s=21

Maybe for a healthy Porz, not the broken down version. Dallas might have to attach theirs 1st to get rid of Porz. Huge contract and Grant Hill health.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 02-24-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Morey will give you the house for Luka!

Embiid and Luka
    [emoji38] What would that even look like? Simmons, Thybulle, Maxey and picks/swaps into the great beyond?

Miami "should" be interested. I have no clue what Riley's plans look like any more.

But with Dallas lacking shooting, there is at least an outside chance a 3 team deal with them getting Ducan Robinson and something from another team could be enough.

I also thought of the Jazz, who could cover Porzingisís weaknesses using Gobert and benefit from his scoring. Donít know who the Mavs would get back, maybe Bojan and Favors.

I don't want Porzingus having to cover pf's. if he wasn't so soft and could actually abuse pf's then maybe, but I haven't really seen him play like a big in that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I don't want Porzingus having to cover pf's. if he wasn't so soft and could actually abuse pf's then maybe, but I haven't really seen him play like a big in that way before.
    Porzingis can't cover other forwards, but he doesn't need to. They have Gobert, which is why they can go small everywhere else. Porzingis can't move that well anymore, but he can at least block shots and be big. I could see him as Utah's backup center when Gobert needs a rest or gets played off the floor because he lacks on offense. Conley knows how to pick and pop, which Porzingis should be able to do with aplomb over basically anyone in the NBA.

Porzingis can't cover other forwards, but he doesn't need to. They have Gobert, which is why they can go small everywhere else. Porzingis can't move that well anymore, but he can at least block shots and be big. I could see him as Utah's backup center when Gobert needs a rest or gets played off the floor because he lacks on offense. Conley knows how to pick and pop, which Porzingis should be able to do with aplomb over basically anyone in the NBA.
    I don't see how a slow footed 7 footer who couldn't gaurd anyone, doesn't pass, isn't a great shooter, and really injury prone would do anything for this current Jazz team. from a pure asset standpoint its interesting, but makes zero sense for the Jazz. Also why would the mavs do that trade.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I don't see how a slow footed 7 footer who couldn't gaurd anyone, doesn't pass, isn't a great shooter, and really injury prone would do anything for this current Jazz team. from a pure asset standpoint its interesting, but makes zero sense for the Jazz. Also why would the mavs do that trade.
    It's a calculated risk on the Jazz's part that Kristaps will be healthier, and on Dallas's part that he won't.
    If he is healthy, then Porzingis is a marked upgrade over Bojan on offense and on the glass. He can match or even outscore Mitchell on any given night and be a Kanter-like backup when Gobert needs to rest. And then yeah; he's six years younger and 5 inches taller than Bojan.
    Let's say the Mavericks got back Favors, Bojan and Azuibuke. That takes care of them at center, where Favors can be Al Horford lite at one-third of the price and Azuibuke provides another young prospect. Bojan's a great shooter who can spot up off Luka just like he does in Utah. And all of their contracts are more tradable than Porzingis'.
    Things are humming perfectly in Utah, so I doubt they'd even consider it. But I think Porzingis would give them another dynamic on offense when the three pointers aren't falling, which will happen, especially in the playoffs.

Toronto Raptors receive: Kristaps Porzingis
    Dallas Mavericks receive: Kyle Lowry, Terrence Davis, Aron Baynes, and 3 first round picks

New Raptors starting 5

PG- VanVleet
    SG- Powell
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Siakam
    C- Porzingis

New Mavericks starting 5

PG- Lowry
    SG- Hardaway Jr
    SF- Doncic
    PF- Baynes
    C- Powell/Boban