Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I honestly believe there's small doses of collusion against the Lakers from all other teams. Not black-listed but before making a deal with us they see if another team matches our offer. If they get a match the deal goes to the other team.

Absolutely

I don't see any other team matching two 2nd round picks for Whiteside so IMO that can most likely get it done. Sacto has a whole different regime, no more Divac or Peja. This current ownership and FO personnel have no beef with the Lakers. They'd be gifted two 2nd round picks for a player who will be gone in a few months.
    If we were able to make this trade, how would his salary affect our payroll?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    If we were able to make this trade, how would his salary affect our payroll?
    Cooks contract lined up perfectly with Whitesides, there wouldn't have been any change to our payroll. And since Cook wasn't getting any PT his contract would've been ideal. Now the contract that lines up with HW is Morris', I would've preferred Cooks. Or Mathews which would open up an extra million. We are soo close to the NBA apron we cannot take on that much over HWs contract that will put us over the apron. I believe we also have to sign a player to a league minimum contract very soon to meet the leagues minimum roster count.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Cooks contract lined up perfectly with Whitesides, there wouldn't have been any change to our payroll. And since Cook wasn't getting any PT his contract would've been ideal. Now the contract that lines up with HW is Morris', I would've preferred Cooks. Or Mathews which would open up an extra million. We are soo close to the NBA apron we cannot take on that much over HWs contract that will put us over the apron. I believe we also have to sign a player to a league minimum contract very soon to meet the leagues minimum roster count.
    Thank you for the input. 👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12